dvd drive repair

sully04

Does anybody here have any experience with repairing these. The drive on my 360 is acting up and I dont want to send it in to Microsoft. I'll explain the situation if anyone thinks they can help. Thanks

cracked it open and flashed the firmware would be my guess

and DVD drives are hard to fix, you would need a new motor or laser most likely and neither of which can be bought for the 360 (yet)

You can get a complete DVD drive for the 360, try ebay

that would be my guess too. same thing happened to me, and i was able to "return" my 360 even though it was 11 months old....

there are ways....you just have to be smart about it.....

actually i had never so much as opened the outer shell before it went out. The motor spins fine. It sounds stupid by I opened the whole thing up and took the outer case off the dvd drive and turned the machine on to see if i could see anything not working as it was supposed to, and if I hold the disc in place with my finger tips it will read the disc, but if i put the case back on, no good. So the only thing i can think of is that the top part of the spindle isnt holding the disc firmly enough in place? Any ideas?

I figured it out! There is a magnet in the bottom part of the spindle and that came loose and was stuck to the top of the spindle. I thought it was part of the top of the spindle. So all I have to do is glue it back in place and I should be in business.

Archived