Models.big Updater

tywiggins

I'm having a hard time seeing how this tool can be useful to me. What are the various things you can do with it. I think I'm failing to see what all of the options are as to what I can do with this. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a hard time seeing how this tool can be useful to me. What are the various things you can do with it. I think I'm failing to see what all of the options are as to what I can do with this. Thanks in advance.

It's pretty straight-forward. It allows you to choose which face you want in each of the 900 slots of the models.big file. When you are done selecting the faces you want, you click the Update Files button. After you select your models.big file, the program will then update the attrib.dat and manager.dat files to give the players/managers the face numbers that you have given them. It will then put the faces that you want into the models.big file.

Hmm.

It will change your default stuff, not the "memory" like where you are just making the change to your saved dynasty file, huh? Or is it vice versa?

I guess I'm wondering what this is usefull for when you have the kraw's installer thingee. I'm wondering what is different or better.

Also, let's say I am playing in my dynasty, a dude retires, and I want to replace his face with one from the Down On The Farm face packs. Blanco from the Braves for example. So, he retired, I used Kraw's installer thingee to install Maybin's face into my models.big, I then used your mvpeditor to update maybin's face for my saved dynasty file. The attrib.dat was never changed, I know, but what would this program do differently or better in an instance like this?

It will then put the faces that you want into the models.big file.

How many faces is available to draw from. Like, can you get the DOTF faces then, or just MLB faces that are commonly used in Big Shmooz's stuff.

Also, do you plan on allowing for the newly discovered untested slots that krawhitham says he tested for?

Hmm.

It will change your default stuff, not the "memory" like where you are just making the change to your saved dynasty file, huh? Or is it vice versa?

It changes the roster files that you select. But as I said in my MVP 2005 Editor thread, I will add in this functionality to it. So it will update the memory instead of the .dat files.

I guess I'm wondering what this is usefull for when you have the kraw's installer thingee. I'm wondering what is different or better.

Well this program lets you see a preview of the .fsh file. Also it updates the attrib.dat and manager.dat for you, so you won't have to manually change the face numbers.

Also, let's say I am playing in my dynasty, a dude retires, and I want to replace his face with one from the Down On The Farm face packs. Blanco from the Braves for example. So, he retired, I used Kraw's installer thingee to install Maybin's face into my models.big, I then used your mvpeditor to update maybin's face for my saved dynasty file. The attrib.dat was never changed, I know, but what would this program do differently or better in an instance like this?

In that situation, you would be better off using kraw's installer thingy, then using the MVP 2005 Editor to change the face number.

Though, after I include the Models.big functionality in the MVP 2005 Editor, you could do it without kraw's installer thingy.

How many faces is available to draw from. Like, can you get the DOTF faces then, or just MLB faces that are commonly used in Big Shmooz's stuff.

Also, do you plan on allowing for the newly discovered untested slots that krawhitham says he tested for?

kgbaseball is in charge of the faces. In the first post in this thread is a link to the face files. It includes most of the faces that have been released on mvpmods.

Has Kraw had any success with that? I haven't heard anything about it besides that he was trying something that probably wouldn't work.

Meh. I don't know. I bother him too much with past mods that I've left him alone. He has a grey hair named after me. He calls it "Shut up and leaveme alone already".

Alos, don't laugh at me, but I'm still sort of assuming you are Kraw and thus may know.

Also, I think he wanted me to test it, but I hate modding now. I'm sick of it. So I delegated that to roster makers and that went cold.

I have a problem. I updated my models.big by inserting Adam Wainwright cyberface,and tried an exhibition gme. All fine. Then I loaded my old dinasty (which I started with patch3 rosters) and game crashes at the beginning of the ball game. I don't want my dinasty to be updated with the new cyberfaces(that's not possible,isn't it?), but I'd like to be able to go on with it...:-)

Any hints?Thx!

Well, I'm misunderstanding the question but I'll try to help:

- Download your cyberface

- Rename the file after its portrait ID (seen in MVPedit), e.g c054.fsh -> 1065a.fsh

- Choose this face in a spare face slot

- With tywiggins' importer, go to this player, and give him the face # you chose

That should do it. :)

You probably misunderstood the question because it has no sense,I've been using mods for a short time so I'm not sure of how it all works :-)

Could you just explain to me how the following things sholud be done?

- Rename the file after its portrait ID (seen in MVPedit), e.g c054.fsh -> 1065a.fsh

- Choose this face in a spare face slot

All I'm trying to do right now is to put Adam Wainwright in my dinasty. I even downloaded total portraits and I'd like to see his photo if it's possible(I already sse it in default rosters obviously).

I renamed as "adam wainwright" a fantasy player from my minors team called Alan Martinez,'cos he had 4 star potential and I dind't want to cheat. I changed his abilities and physical attributes to match Wainwright ones with tywiggins tool. All I couldn't do is import the cyberface and use the portrait. Thanks in advance for your help, swingin'!

Wainwright is included in updated rosters...

Anyway, choose a cyberface number for him, like c704 or so, update your models.big with kraw's generic installer, and then change your wainwright's face number.

I know he's in there,but I started my dinasty long before realising mvpmods existed!

I tried your program last night and i like it. I wish it could be compatible with my own face files without having to rename them all but going through Kg's files with my rosters helped me figure out who the faces i had backed up were. Also helped me figure out some of the faces that had changed with UR8.0 Final. This is a great tool, nice work to the both of you.

Um. I'm using this for the first time because I'm feeling like this might be a great program. So I go to try it out and it is not showing me the cyberface from the list on the right so I can't tell if it is an 04 face or not, and thus don't know what to assign it.

Here is where I got lost:

c) click on a player's name in the right box. If the program finds a face for that player, it will show the face.

d) If the player has additional faces to choose from, click the left or right button (the appropriate buttons will be enabled another face exists)

e) Once you find the face you want, check the checkbox if the face shown is a 2004 face (half face). If it's not a 2004 face, make sure the box is unchecked.

f) Then press Select. This will put that player's information in the left box in the selected slot.

8. When you're done making all of your changes, Click the Update Files button.

9. Find the models.big file that you want to update, and press Open.

10. The program will update the attrib.dat file and manager.dat file appropriately, and put the faces that you chose in the models.big file.

What happens when there is an empty slot, I want to add a face to that slot on the left side of the list and can not tell if it is an 04 or 05 face since it is not displaying?

Edit: on the left side I clicked on an empty slot, on the right side I clicked Daric Barton, I then hit update, saw the scripts run and got scared. It said "deleting faces". RED FLAG! Then when the script stopped, I noticed Daric's name still on the right side and the empty slot still empty. WTFreak now. I'm hoping my models.big file didn't get jacked.

If it's not showing a face on the right side, it is because there isn't one in the faces folder. The names are there just to show what player has what audio/id number. You should backup your rosters and models.big before using this, you might just jack your **** up. ;)

Swingin, i like his system too, i just wish ea had done it this way so i don't have to do 2700 name changes. If you got a better way do tell. I like how i got my models.big now, face wise, but i haven't gone through all of Kg's folder yet.

For clarification, when I click one a name on the right side, it doesn't show a face. It doesn't show a face for any player at all whatsoever and the readme says nothing about this.

Um. I'm using this for the first time because I'm feeling like this might be a great program. So I go to try it out and it is not showing me the cyberface from the list on the right so I can't tell if it is an 04 face or not, and thus don't know what to assign it.

Here is where I got lost:

c) click on a player's name in the right box. If the program finds a face for that player, it will show the face.

d) If the player has additional faces to choose from, click the left or right button (the appropriate buttons will be enabled another face exists)

e) Once you find the face you want, check the checkbox if the face shown is a 2004 face (half face). If it's not a 2004 face, make sure the box is unchecked.

f) Then press Select. This will put that player's information in the left box in the selected slot.

8. When you're done making all of your changes, Click the Update Files button.

9. Find the models.big file that you want to update, and press Open.

10. The program will update the attrib.dat file and manager.dat file appropriately, and put the faces that you chose in the models.big file.

What happens when there is an empty slot, I want to add a face to that slot on the left side of the list and can not tell if it is an 04 or 05 face since it is not displaying?

Edit: on the left side I clicked on an empty slot, on the right side I clicked Daric Barton, I then hit update, saw the scripts run and got scared. It said "deleting faces". RED FLAG! Then when the script stopped, I noticed Daric's name still on the right side and the empty slot still empty. WTFreak now. I'm hoping my models.big file didn't get jacked.

It's sounding like you are not selecting the correct folder in step 2. You need to select the folder that has all of the .orl .ord and .fsh files (after you extract it from the 19852_Face Files.rar)

You only press the Update Files button when you're done making all of your changes.

I now have it. Finally. I am to click the button at the top instead of the button at the bottom. THEN, when I'm done click the button at the bottom. That wasn't mentioned. When it was all said and done, it seems like the program is really neat but I don't get how that is better than the editor you made since this tool won't change your dynasty faces at the same time. Like, I noticed Jon Broxton's face was not in my game. So, I added it. So I thought. I only changed the default, not my in game save. Either way, I fele this tool is great, I just can't put my finger on why though.

• 1 month later...

I got a problem. I select one by one of all the faces and I updated the models.big and the .dat files. But, when I download an updated roster, and overwrite the attrib.dat, I have to do the same again with all faces one by one. Also, If I want to download updated cyberfaces that are not in the Face Files package..what can I do to make the file appears like those that are in package? The last kgbaseball plus roster works with the models.big file created by this program?

Archived