Guns N' Roses

DJEagles

Being a teenager in the late 80s and early 90s, I was a HUGE fan of GnR. Never saw them live, and then they split up. I am now in my early 30s and scored tickets to tomorrow nights concert in Saint John, NB. This is a big deal for me...and I cannot wait to hear the set they play. I know they probably won't be the same, obviously with pretty much the whole band being new...but for me, other then Slash...GnR IS Axl Rose.

They were fantastic, and their music was the soundtrack for my generation...I am excited, and can't wait to go to the show.

Sorry, just had to share my excitement with you guys.

I like GnR, but may favorites are a little before them.

Def Leppard is my favorite. I got to see them 3 weeks ago today.

I like more of the late 70's/early 80's stuff.

I saw Def Leopard back in 1997...they put on a fun show.

The setlist, going by the reviews from other cities, have GnR playing mostly their old stuff, with a couple of new songs sprinkled in.

I know that Axl tried a comeback with Buckethead playing along with the band but that didnt work out. I love Buckethead. Went to a concert of his and he played for 2 hours not breaks. But he's his own thing and I thought the idea was kinda weird. If Axl sounds like he used to then it should be a good show. I still rank Use Your Illusion 1 AND 2 as in my top 10 albums of all time. Im sure most fans of rock do as well

I saw Def Leopard back in 1997...they put on a fun show.

The setlist, going by the reviews from other cities, have GnR playing mostly their old stuff, with a couple of new songs sprinkled in.

They put on a good show. The setlist was all old stuff except for a song off of the new album.

Journey was with them. They put on a hell of a show.

I'm 14 and I grew up listening to Aerosmith. Now that is a great band!

Great band. My best friend saw them about a year ago.He said it was an awesome show. What songs do you like NYM? Angel is my favorite.

My favorites are I don't want to miss a thing, Walk this Way, Eat the rich, Dream On, and voodoo.

All good songs. I forgot about Dueces are Wild. That's also one of my favorites.

Aerosmith are a great band also...your stock just rose slightly with me NYM...good choice in music. I also loved Poison, Motley Crue, AC/DC...the 80s and early 90s were great times for "Hair" bands.

i'm not an expert by no means, but all i know that it was mostly hair and not as much music. if you're talking 80s, i prefer bands like talking heads, squeeze, the whole power pop movement and the like.

I was never much of a GnR fan, however, a couple of my friends saw them in Toronto and said they put on a great performance. I'm more of a Bon Jovi and Aerosmith kinda guy with a little AC/DC thown into the mix ;) A lot of people are starting to listen to 80's Rock more and more now even though it was before their time (including me) I guess history does repeat itself.

Archived