I can't believe this happened to me!

JuUaAn

:rant:

I'm playing my AA game with the NH Fisher Cats. I'm in the bottom of the 8th inning up 2-1. My second baseman is Eric Patterson who is originally a Cubby I believe. So, the tying run is on 2nd base with 1 out. I play on auto fielding by the way since there's too much I can't do with a keyboard.

Anyways, tying run on 2nd, batter hits it to Patterson, a roller, to my surprise, instead of throwing to first, he throws home!!! Why in the world did he throw home?!?!? He should've just gotten the easy out at 1st despite the runner moving to third. Now there's a runner on first and third with one out. Lo and behold, that boneheaded play costs me. The next batter hits a sac fly to tie the game.

Errrgggg! :wall: I just had to vent because I've never seen the computer make such a boneheaded play ever. I'm playing on all-star too. Patterson's gonna get it from me after the game. :shotgun:

Sorry I just had to vent.

:rant:

why can't you make throws w/o using a gamepad? i've never used a game pad, and i don't really have any issues, i field manually. actually, come to think of it, i did mess around with the controls, so swinging is the right ctrl button instead of the down button - it fixed alot of problems. i noticed that's how they did it in mvp 03, and i was wondering why they switched back to it that way.

I've actually tried to do manual fielding. It didn't work too well for me. I'd have to have keys set all over the place. Now that I got this new Dell Inspiron 6400, some keys don't even work even when bound. What used to work on my old Dell doesn't work on this new one. Like I can't do any pick off throws for example. It just doesn't work, no matter what key I bind it to.

Maybe I'll try assisted. That sounds good for me.

Promote him up to the Cubs after the game. That'll teach him.

I love the Cubbies, but that's still funny man.

It's our sence of humor that allows us to put up with a team like them for our entire lives.

go cubs, idc what u say, cubbies r the best

Except when you factor in teams that have won world championships since Teddy Roosevelt's administration. And if it weren't for Fred Merkle's insanely idiotic play, and the drama that followed, you wouldn't have even had that one.

Sean O

(Lived on the north side for 4 years, so I know)

Archived