Comedian Damon Wayans banned from Laugh Factory

jogar84

Actually, Benzino found an old tape of a young Eminem rapping racial slurs during their "rap feud".

Eminem apologized for it on his "Encore" CD on the song Yellow Brick Road.

From Eminem's Wikipedia page:

Racist tapes

In the midst of the Benzino-Eminem beef, Benzino found two tapes of a young Eminem rapping what could have been believed to be racist. Among the two songs, Eminem said, "I don't like that n***** s***" and also that "black girls only want your money." As soon as the songs became public, Eminem immediately released an apology for the controversial songs. Eminem would again apologize for the lyrics in the song "Yellow Brick Road" off his album Encore. Eminem tried to explain how the songs came to being made in that the first song was him trying to sound "whack." The second he said he did after a bad breakup with a girlfriend who was black. Immediately after the release of Eminem's first apology, Def Jam CEO Russell Simmons came out in accepting Eminem's apology and since then outside of Benzino other rappers have not dissed Eminem over the "racist" songs.

Yellow Brick Road:

But I've heard people say they heard the tape and it ain't that

bad

But it was I singled out a whole race and for that I apologize

I was wrong cuz no matter what color a girl is she still a

(b****?)

Um...maybe because Michael Richards also said, "50 years ago, we'd have you upside down with a fork in your ****!" As in, "Know your place, you uppity negro."

Context.

--Eric

Yeah, that can be taken as kinda harsh :doh:

• 1 month later...

I just don't get why the word is used at all. Last time I checked it was an insult to all African Americans, yet you hear it on the majority of rap music, especially from African American rap artists.

There is one thing you gotta understand about the word. It originally was used as a derogatory term during slavery and during the Civil Rights era. Honkey and cracker do not have the same effect as that one word. Plus Kramer used the word with the "er" ending. That is much different than the "a" ending that many rap artists use. 2Pac defined the different very well.

NI--ER: a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NI--A: a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

There is one thing you gotta understand about the word. It originally was used as a derogatory term during slavery and during the Civil Rights era. Honkey and cracker do not have the same effect as that one word. Plus Kramer used the word with the "er" ending. That is much different than the "a" ending that many rap artists use. 2Pac defined the different very well.

Either way, "ER" or "A", still a horrible word to use.

So I can call a homesexual a faggota and get away with it?

So I can call a homesexual a faggota and get away with it?

You can try D-Unit and see where it gets you. I would assume not very far. But blacks have taken the word from it's original intent and used it as a power word within their community.

Are there no better words than to use the "N" word?

No one has ever died from getting their feelings hurt or being offended. Somewhere we lost the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones, but WORDS will NEVER HURT me".

That is so ignorant. I'm pretty sure there has been incidents that prove you wrong. In a heated conversation, it takes one wrong word (such as the n-word) that could turn into something deadly.

Are there no better words than to use the "N" word?

There are better words to use than the "N" word, but few black rappers can break from the mold. The Game alone used the word about 20 times in two verses on his new album. Many prominent black figures are calling for the word to be ceased from vocabularies, but unfortunately money talks.

Archived