WHA - San Diego Mariners

NYY_rich

First off, if anyone remembers the ol' WHA, awesome! For those of you that don't know, there was a team called the San Diego Mariners that played between 1974 and 1977. I remember someone a while back did the old NHL Colorado Rockies jersey, and I think this is one that should be attempted as well.

It would be better suited for the Padres instead of the Mariners because of their color scheme, but that doesn't really matter.

I know, it was a very good league.

Yep... that's where the Edmonton Oilers, the Whalers, les Nordiques, and the Winnipeg Jets came from.

And those were the only four teams that survived after that great league went defunct.

I know, it was a very good league.

marinersaz7.gif

And those were the only four teams that survived after that great league went defunct.

And it's sad that only one has survived to this day, the Oilers.

And it's sad that only one has survived to this day, the Oilers.

The Whalers are still around, in a manner of speaking. They just moved to North Carolina and became the Carolina Hurricanes. I remember seeing a few games in the late 70's / early 80's when they still played in Hartford. After all those years, they had to move away to win a Stanley Cup....

The Whalers are still around, in a manner of speaking. They just moved to North Carolina and became the Carolina Hurricanes. I remember seeing a few games in the late 70's / early 80's when they still played in Hartford. After all those years, they had to move away to win a Stanley Cup....

Also...

Nordiques = Colorado Avalanche

Jets = Phoenix Coyotes

Archived