Knicks Nuggets Brawl

SESbb30

It's not just one fight, what about the Pacers and Pistons fiasco, also the off the court incidents with S. Jackson, AI, Mello with all their gun and drugs crap.

These KIDS are making Millions and they still can't grow up.

I understand what you mean but these thing dont just happen in the NBA. You mention Guns and Drugs but what about the Bengals? Doe sthis make the NFL a Joke also.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hockey Players fight all the time. A Player gets hit hard he doesnt walk away he goes and fights the other guy who hit him but you dont hear people saying Hockey Players are Highschoolers

But fighting in Hockey is basically legal and ok to do, the Refs let them fight then when it gets out of hand they break it up.

I understand what you mean but these thing dont just happen in the NBA. You mention Guns and Drugs but what about the Bengals? Doe sthis make the NFL a Joke also.

If you think about it, they're getting there.

[And Melo...wow, another drug-dealing p**sy. What kind of man throws a punch and then RUNS AWAY.]

A drive-by shooter...

But hey J.R. like you said it was a good win, your good with it...WTF!

And everyone else just wanted to talk about the game and...if I ignore my sh*tty part in this maybe I won't have to take responsibility...WTF!

I kind of liked Camby but he basicly said he need to see a replay to determine how I feel about it...how about embaressment for your team.

If it wasn't for Aretha Franklin some of these idoits might not even be able to spell R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Mardy got sucker-punched. That was a sweeping weak *** right hook. But Mardy Collins just lost his balance and was pushed aside by his teammates who were trying to get at *****-*** Melo.

[Fights are nothing new. The 80's and 90's generation of NBA players had more fights. But these new guys have no respect and no professionalism. Carmelo starts throwing punches and then runs away- WTF is up with that. If he wants to act like a "man" then stand your ground.]

I'm 38 and I teach high school so I'm around today's youngins' all day. For the most part they're pretty cool and not that different from my gen. there are a bunch of positive differences but there are a few MAJOR negative differences and they are not good:

1. Hip-hop is just the next thing, for me it was heavy metal, long hair and partying but Ozzy got stoned and wallowed in his depression while Bon Scott and AC/DC were trying to get layed but they never glorified boosting someone else's hard earned bling, car or shooting other people (unarmed, facing you or not) just because you felt "dissed". Hurting people is "cool" and somewhat acceptable and justifiable now.

2. Trash talk: talking sh*t (insulting others) was not a sport back then as it is today although I do laugh like h*ll whenever I watch "Yo Mamma" problem is some youngins' are serious about it and don't know when to shut up.

3. To confront someone you had a problem with meant toe to toe "fistycuffs" not "I'll bust a cap in your *ss!" or getting beaten up by five or six dudes trapped in the back of a cramped school bus who will later act tough and taunt your "b*tch *ss" and by calling you "cracker" or "wonder bread" when in actuality they only landed one decent blow (but one good blow from each of six or seven punks and your done) It's so good to see race relations improving;). And when one white kid called another white kid "cracker" right in front of me I had to fight the urge to laugh then slap him upside the head.

4. The total lack of ability to differentiate between respect, admiration and fear is staggering!

5. The total lack of ability to differentiate between fame and infamy- "He may be a serious A-hole but he is a famous A-hole with bling and chicks so he wins...I want to be him!"

Look at all the big fights in football and basketball before 2000-2001, two dudes fighting and the rest trying to seperate them. Now adays everyone gets in a shot then can't figure out who just punched them in the back of the head so he hits the closest agressive dude in the other uniform. It looks like a pack of rabid dogs all trying to f*ck the same football. The unofficial position of "enforcer" in hockey actually helps prevent this idiotic scene from happening. Imagine if there was forechecking in the NBA, they would all kill it other. Baseball and hockey have farm leagues where they learn to play and respect the game all basketball and football have is college programs which bread coruption and turn a cheek to bad and criminal behavior.

melo 15 games... thats a tad much imo...

and jr smith is on my fantasy team :(

ray allen is already out, now smith suspended, szczerbiak out, wallace out, Oneal and gasol just back... yup, im screwed.. :)

I think it should've been more. They're professionals at their sport - it's time they grow up and learn to control their anger.

BTW

How much is everyone fined? Personally I think it should be anywhere from one to three million dollars. A few thousand is just like pocket change to these guys.

Can someone explain to me how Jarred Jeffries even got suspended? He didn't start anything, if you look he was holding Melo back when Melo threw the 'slap'. He only got mad after the slap and did nothing, because luckilly he was restrained. I think he might have pulled a Tyson and bit his ear off, the way he looked, 3 men could barely hold him back.

I think it should've been more. They're professionals at their sport - it's time they grow up and learn to control their anger.

BTW

How much is everyone fined? Personally I think it should be anywhere from one to three million dollars. A few thousand is just like pocket change to these guys.

1-3 Mil!??!?!?!??!? JR Smith doesn't make 1 Mil in a year...

The league normally fines people in the 5 digit range.

Archived