Knicks Nuggets Brawl

SESbb30

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me how Jarred Jeffries even got suspended? He didn't start anything, if you look he was holding Melo back when Melo threw the 'slap'.

Leaving the bench during a brawl is an automatic suspension.

As for Carmelo, I didn't think what he did was a hit and run, I mean if you have 3-4 players coming after you, wouldn't you want space to take them on?

In a game like this, if someone has a fast break, take the easy 2. It's not like they can kneel on the basketball and call it a day. Yeah, in football they elect to run instead of throw as a matter of just killing time, but if your defense isn't there, don't think that the RB ain't gonna run it in for a TD. It's not Karl's fault Thomas' defense "surrendered" (BTW, you play all 48 minutes, by Isiah saying they surrendered is just disgraceful on his part).

In baseball if you're up by 5 or more, the opposing team is not gonna rub it in by trying to manufacture runs, but if you throw a pitch down Broadway, don't get mad because the hitter sent it out of the park. Maybe if the Knicks stepped their game up instead of quit, none of this would have happened. They may have even messed around and gotten a win out of it had they decided to play hard from the opening tip instead of when they're down by 25. It's inexcusable.

I agree with that. I think Melo should've thrown a punch and stayed, but I don't think he backed away because he was afraid. There were a ton of other guys, and we all know Melo would beat Collins' ***. As for him backing away from Nate Robinson, I think it was because he didn't want it to excalate further. You'd be kidding yourself if you think Nate Robinson could take someone who's nearly a foot taller and fifty pounds heavier.

I agree with that. I think Melo should've thrown a punch and stayed, but I don't think he backed away because he was afraid. There were a ton of other guys, and we all know Melo would beat Collins' ****. As for him backing away from Nate Robinson, I think it was because he didn't want it to excalate further. You'd be kidding yourself if you think Nate Robinson could take someone who's nearly a foot taller and fifty pounds heavier.

Who woulda figured someone a foot shorter then all the competitors could win the dunk contest?

I agree with that. I think Melo should've thrown a punch and stayed, but I don't think he backed away because he was afraid. There were a ton of other guys, and we all know Melo would beat Collins' ****. As for him backing away from Nate Robinson, I think it was because he didn't want it to excalate further. You'd be kidding yourself if you think Nate Robinson could take someone who's nearly a foot taller and fifty pounds heavier.

What does height and weight got to do with it? Look at Mike Tyson he was undersized and kick everyone's a$$.

What does height and weight got to do with it? Look at Mike Tyson he was undersized and kick everyone's a$$.

Mike Tyson was never 50 pounds smaller or a foot shorter. Yeah, I'm sure Nate Robinson would hold his own against someone relatively clsoe to his size, but cmon, he would not beat Carmelo. Carmelo is bigger and stronger, and it's not like Melo grew up in the Hamptons. There's a certain point where the "It's not the size of the dog in the fight..." reasoning loses it's merit. Unless you're like a 9th degree black belt, that's another story.

As for the dunk contest, we all know that was BS because it took so many times for him to cash that dunk. Although I will give it to Nate, he's got mad hops.

Mike Tyson was never 50 pounds smaller or a foot shorter. Yeah, I'm sure Nate Robinson would hold his own against someone relatively clsoe to his size, but cmon, he would not beat Carmelo. Carmelo is bigger and stronger, and it's not like Melo grew up in the Hamptons. There's a certain point where the "It's not the size of the dog in the fight..." reasoning loses it's merit. Unless you're like a 9th degree black belt, that's another story.

As for the dunk contest, we all know that was BS because it took so many times for him to cash that dunk. Although I will give it to Nate, he's got mad hops.

Tyson beat Larry Holmes who was at least a foot taller and 30-40 pounds heavier. Oh please mello's a *****, he may be bigger but he ain't stronger.

Tyson beat Larry Holmes who was at least a foot taller and 30-40 pounds heavier. Oh please mello's a ****, he may be bigger but he ain't stronger.

Holmes had 3.5 inches on him...and at the weih in it was about a 20 pound difference. Unless you are saying that Holmes was 6'11 and a half (which he wasn't), then I don't think a foot is right.

Tyson beat Larry Holmes who was at least a foot taller and 30-40 pounds heavier. Oh please mello's a ****, he may be bigger but he ain't stronger.

Larry Holmes wasn't that much bigger than Tyson. Tyson usually pushed about 6' 230", which is a ton of muscle. Melo (I'm looking this up) is 6'8" 230, while Nate Robinson is 5'9" 180. You're trying to tell me Melo isn't stronger? Please.

Besides, was it really that much of a sucker punch? Collins is obviously yelling things at Melo. Just because he threw the first punch doesn't mean it's a sucker punch.

Archived