Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

May 4: Bronson Arroyo returns from the disabled list. To make room for him on the 25-man roster, the Reds optioned Elizardo Ramirez (2-0, 6.90 ERA) to AAA Louisville. Ryan Franklin will remain in the starting rotation, and Matt Belisle will continue to work out of the bullpen.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals (15-10) at Reds (15-11)

In the rubber game of the series, Ryan Franklin faced off against Cards ace Chris Carpenter. Carpenter uncharacteristically gave up 4 early runs, and the Reds got another run off the Cards pen later in the game. Ryan Franklin also gave up four runs, but never gave up the lead, and Eddie Guardado got a save to send the Reds to a 5-4 win and first place in the NL Central.

Dodgers (20-7) at Reds (16-11)

Bronson Arroyo made his return to the mound, facing Greg Maddux and the 1st-place Dodgers. Arroyo was a little rusty, walking home a run in the 1st, but then settled down. He only gave up three runs, but that was one too many, as the Dodgers beat the Reds 3-2.

Dodgers (21-7) at Reds (16-12)

Kyle Lohse did not pitch that badly, but he did give up 9 hits and 5 runs, as the Reds couldn't even get one run off Mark Hendrickson, as the Dodgers beat the Reds again, 5-0.

Dodgers (22-7) at Reds (16-13)

The Reds entered this game facing a possible sweep and seeing Eric Milton on the mound. They were in for a huge surprise. Milton pitched a 4-hit shutout, striking out 10, as the Reds smoked the Dodgers 12-0, getting 25 hits off Dodgers starter Chad Billingsley and reliever Brett Tomko.

f_Game303i_6d5am_795aac49.jpg

Eric Milton owned the Dodgers in what was by far his best start of the season.

f_Game302i_6d5am_d9572622.jpg

Adam Dunn smacks a homer off Brett Tomko to run the score to 11-0

Padres (14-18) at Reds (17-13)

The Reds dealt with the Padres pretty easily--they got 7 hits off Aaron Harang, but only one run as Harang struck out nine. Harang threw a complete game, as the Reds touched up Chris Young for 5 runs in a 7-1 Reds victory.

Padres (14-19) at Reds (18-13)

Shawn Estes pitched uncharacteristically well for San Diego, and departed after 7 innings with a 2-1 lead. THe Reds promptly scored 2 runs to take the lead on a Ken Griffey Jr. double off Padres reliever Jason Anderson. Eddie Guardado got a save, and the Reds won 3-2. Rheal Cormier got the win in relief of Ryan Franklin.

f_Game322i_6d5am_2828850f.jpg

Padres second baseman Josh Barfield makes a great catch

f_Game321i_6d5am_e4b27040.jpg

Scott Hatteberg scores the eventual winning run on a 2-run double by Ken Griffey Jr.

Padres (14-20) at Reds (19-13)

The Reds jumped out to an early 4-1 lead off Padres starter Dewon Brazelton, thanks to a solo homer by Josh Hamilton and a 3-run shot by Brandon Phillips. They later played add-on off the Padres' bullpen, as Bronson Arroyo threw a complete game for a 6-1 Reds win. The Reds get a clean sweep of the Padres by a combined score of 16-4 over 3 games.

someone get this guy some modded stadiums!

btw, nice dynasty

What's wrong with the original stadiums?

I do have one modded stadium: I downloaded the new Busch Stadium.

Thanks for the compliment...hopefully this team won't fall apart like the real one did.

Reds (20-13) at Phillies (14-21)

The Reds had trouble getting anything done off Phillies starter Gavin Floyd, but they came back to tie the game off Gio Gonzalez, who relieved Floyd. In the 9th, the Phillies brought in closer Tom Gordon to hold the tie, and the Reds opened a can on him, scoring three times. Eddie Guardado got a save and preserved the Reds' 7-4 win.

f_Game341i_6d5am_b714d765.jpg

Jeff Conine, who pinch-hit for Alex Gonzalez and started the rally, scores the go-ahead run.

f_Game342i_6d5am_e0f597b8.jpg

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel comes to get Tom Gordon, who could not get out of the 9th inning.

f_Game343i_6d5am_93a1d1f8.jpg

Eddie Guardado shut down the Phillies in the 9th for the save.

May 13: Chattanooga Lookouts reliever Calvin Medlock, sporting a 10.03 ERA, has been demoted to Single-A Sarasota. Joel Barreto, who has a 1.34 ERA in 14 appearances for Sarasota, has been promoted to Chattanooga to replace Medlock.

f_MedlockBi_6d5am_396662ed.jpg

Left: Calvin Medlock Right: Joel Barreto

Reds (21-13) at Phillies (14-22)

Eric Milton faces off for the Reds against his former team and the Phils' Jon Lieber. The Reds got four quick runs off Lieber in the 1st inning, and once Lieber departed, they got four more runs off reliever Arthur Rhodes. Milton pitched well, as did Reds relievers Gary Majewski (who has yet to give up an earned run this year--his ERA is 0.00), Rheal Cormier and Todd Coffey, and the Reds won 8-2.

f_Game352i_6d5am_375ad82f.jpg

Jon Lieber did not have a good night against the Reds.

f_Game351i_6d5am_c333daa4.jpg

Josh Hamilton is tagged out by the Phils' Abraham Nunez while trying to return to third base.

Reds (22-13) at Phillies (14-23)

The Reds had trouble with the Phillies and Cole Hamels. While they fought back from an early 2-0 hole--with pitcher Aaron Harang successfully suicide-squeezng in the tying run--they could not go ahead. Philadelphia got a run off reliever Mike Stanton, and it was all they needed for a 3-2 Phillies win.

Reds (22-14) at Phillies (15-23)

The Reds had a lot of trouble with the Phils' Randy Wolf, as he took a 3-0 shutout into the 8th inning. The Reds started to rally, knocking Wolf out of the game, and they fought back to tie the game 3-3 in the 8th. In the 9th, Ken Griffey Jr. hit a 2-run homer off Phils closer Tom Gordon to make it 5-3 Reds, and they later got 2 more runs. Although it was not a save situation, Eddie Guardado worked the 9th because he was the only pitcher ready in the bullpen. The Reds won 7-3. They now leave the Phillies--in last place in the NL East--and head for New York to play the Mets, who currently lead the NL East.

f_Game361i_6d5am_2d51c488.jpg

Josh Hamilton's pinch-hit single tied the game at 3-3 in the 8th.

f_Game362i_6d5am_f2209f96.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. watches his 9th inning home run leave the yard.

f_Game363i_6d5am_4b5341db.jpg

The Reds had their way with Tom Gordon tonight.

Reds (23-14) at Mets (24-14)

The Reds begin a battle of division leaders against the Mets. Bronson Arroyo was good, but not great, but neither was Oliver Perez, who coughed up the lead to the Reds twice. After the second time, the Reds never gave it up again, and began to pull away, and wound up winning 8-3. Ken Griffey Jr. hit 2 homers for the Reds.

f_Game37i_6d5am_01f5cc19.jpg

Gary Majewski, who still has yet to give up an earned run this season, celebrates after getting Shawn Green to ground out with the bases loaded to end the game.

can u show us team player stats for the season that would be cool and nice dynasty to

I can do that...I'll have something up a little later tonight. For batting stats, the only pitchers I am going to include--if any--are the starters, since I think I've only had a reliever bat twice this season.

Reds (24-14) at Mets (24-15)

The Reds gave Mets starter Victor Zambrano a rough time...in the 3rd inning, they loaded the bases with no one out. Zambrano then walked both Ken Griffey Jr. and Edwin Encarnacion with the bases loaded, and then Adam Dunn hit a grand slam, knocking Zambrano out of the game. Kyle Lohse pitched well for the Reds, going 7 innings and giving up 3 runs. Todd Coffey pitched 2 scoreless innings to seal a 7-3 Reds win.

The Reds also tried something that Cards manager Tony LaRussa used to do in the late 1990s--batting the pitcher 8th instead of 9th.

Reds (25-14) at Mets (24-16)

Eric Milton gave up 3 runs, and then departed after 5. Gary Majewski came in and quickly allowed the Mets to load the bases. He was finally scored upon when Adam Dunn dropped a fly ball, but the Mets gave the Reds a gift by allowing the Reds to get an out due to very poor baserunning. The Reds escaped the inning with the Mets only getting one run. The Reds couldn't get any back, though, as the Mets won 4-2.

f_Game38i_6d5am_2ab67aa1.jpg

Cliff Floyd went 3-for-3 against the Reds to help New York avoid getting swept.

Indians (21-19) at Reds (25-15)

The Indians came to town, sending their ace C.C. Sabathia up against the Reds and Aaron Harang. The Reds gave Cleveland a rude welcome, beating up on them 11-1. Harang threw a complete game for the Reds.

Indians (21-20) at Reds (26-15)

The Indians scored early, but could not hold the lead. Not once, but twice, Adam Dunn was able to tie the game with a home run. Unfortunately for the Reds, that was the best they could do. Cleveland got two runs in the 9th, and the Reds quietly folded in the bottom of the inning, losing 8-6.

f_Game39i_6d5am_4f42bc64.jpg

Ryan Franklin was ineffective, but got enough run support to avoid taking the loss.

Indians (22-20) at Reds (26-16)

The Reds played Homer-Ball against the Indians, as Chad Moeller hit 2 long-balls and Edwin Encarnacion and Alex Gonzalez each hit one. Bronson Arroyo threw a complete game as the Reds cruised to an 8-2 win and a series win.

f_Game40i_6d5am_78af4fb2.jpg

Chad Moeller hit 2 homers for the Reds.

Nationals (19-25) at Reds (27-16)

The Reds jumped out to an early 5-0 lead on the Nationals and Zach Day, but Kyle Lohse couldn't hold it, allowing Washington to go up 7-5 before he departed. Brandon Phillips homered in the 7th to tie the game off Nats reliever Mike Hinckley. David Ross hit Hinckley's next pitch out of the yard to give the Reds the lead. The Reds tacked on an insurance run in the 9th, Todd Coffey got the win with 2 scoreless innings in relief, and Eddie Guardado got the save.

Nationals (19-26) at Reds (28-16)

Eric Milton was shaky again. Handed a 4-0 lead, he blew it by walking home the tying run. Edwin Encarnacion got him the lead back with a 2-run homer, but when Milton left, reliever Gary Majewski served up a 3-run homer to let Washington take a 7-6 lead. The Reds managed to tie the score in the 9th inning, 8-8, but blew scoring opportunities in the 10th and 11th innings. In the top of the 14th, reliever Rheal Cormier allowed back-to-back doubles, and Washington took the lead and went on to win 9-8.

f_Game41i_6d5am_58cf8a32.jpg

Nationals catcher Brian Schneider doubles off Rheal Cormier to put the Nationals up 9-8 in the top of the 14th inning.

Nationals (20-26) at Reds (28-17)

Aaron Harang was not very effective, giving up 4 runs before leaving in the 5th inning with the bases loaded. Harang was also charged with the 2 runs that Gary Majewski walked in. Those 6 runs the Nationals had were all they needed to beat the Reds 6-4, to surprisingly take 2 of 3 in Cincinnati.

Hola a todos les escribo desde venezuela, soy 100% por 100% fanatico de los rojos de cincinnati (REDS) y me parece excelente tu roster pero veo un detalle en las ligas menores, en AA creo que no es JOSE COLINA si no JAVIER COLINA y en liga A te falta un picher que aqui en venezuela con los LEONES DEL CARACAS esta teniendo una muy buena temporada, el es CARLOS BOHORQUEZ.

Y por ultimo me alegra mucho que los REDS tengan de nuevo a un campo corto SS venezolano y tambueno como ALEX GONZALEZ , si bien es cierto Alex no es un buen chocador de pelota, pero es un excelente guante solo superado por OMAR VIZQUEL. El va ayudar mucho a la defenciva de los rojos este año y quien sabe tal vez en este parque el GREAT AMERICAN BALL PARK pueda conectar unos cuantos vuela cerca ademas que ya conoce la liga nacional.

LAMENTO NO PODER ESCRIBIRLES EN INGLES PERO ESPERO QUE ENTIENDAN LO QUE LES QUICE DECIR

Pirates (17-29) at Reds (28-18)

Ryan Franklin was ineffective for the Reds again, giving up 7 runs in7 innings. The Reds went into the 9th inning trailing 7-6, when they were able to score two runs off Pirates closer Mike Gonzalez, and win the game 8-7.

f_Game42i_6d5am_1ecd02ce.jpg

David Ross scores the winning run on a bases-loaded, 2-out hit by Scott Hatteberg

May 27: Chattanooga Lookouts pitcher Josh Hall suffered a torn rotator cuff and is likely out for the season. Sarasota Reds starter Brendan Dalton was promoted to Chattanooga to take Hall's rotation spot. Sarasota signed pitcher Carlos Bohorquez to take Dalton's spot.

Archived