Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

Pirates (17-30) at Reds (29-18)

The game was tied going into the 6th inning, when Alex Gonzalez hit a 2-run homer off Pirates reliever John Van Benschoten, which was all the Reds needed for a 5-3 win. Bronson Arroyo got the win to improve to 6-2, and Eddie Guardado got his 11th save.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirates (17-31) at Reds (30-18)

Kyle Lohse was ineffective again, as he dug himself into a 5-0 hole. Try as they may, the Reds were unable to score any runs against the Pirates pitchers--a truly rare occurance. Pittsburgh won 5-0.

f_Game43i_6d5am_369978a1.jpg

Jason Bay blasts a homer off Kyle Lohse

Pirates (18-31) at Reds (30-19)

Eric Milton did not pitch badly, giving up 2 runs, but the Reds couldn't get them back. In the 8th inning, they began to rally--they were able to tie the score on a hit by Ken Griffey Jr. In the 9th inning, Chad Moeller knocked in Brandon Phillips to make it 3-2 Reds, and Eddie Guardado got his 12th save. The Reds win 3-2.

f_Game441i_6d5am_b6fda524.jpg

Jason Bay can't catch this hit by Ken Griffey Jr, which tied the game

f_Game442i_6d5am_73ec2776.jpg

Brandon Phillips scores the eventual winning run on a single by Chad Moeller.

May 30: The Reds today have sent starting pitcher Kyle Lohse (4-3, 5.29 ERA) to AAA Louisville. Both Lohse and Eric Milton have been ineffective as of late, but Lohse's performance has been worse than Milton's. To take Lohse's spot, the Reds brought up pitcher Jason Johnson. Johnson will take Lohse's spot in the rotation. Also today, the Reds designated outfielder Josh Hamilton for assignment. Since he was taken in the Rule V Draft, he had to remain on the roster all season or be offered back to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The Devil Rays opted not to take him. The Reds are trying to trade him, but will likely release him. The Reds called up outfielder Chris Denorfia to replace Hamilton on the 25-man roster. Outfielder Eric Nease was also promoted from AA Chattanooga to AAA Louisville. Also today, the Reds signed free agent outfielder Wayne Lydon and assigned him to AA Chattanooga.

janitor06, your dynasty is lookin great, but here are a couple suggestions:

When you take screenshots in the game, save them as .PNG files. They will look clearer. Also, host them here: http://imageshack.us/. They will host them as .PNG files.

I would also reccommend looking around in the download section for a modded Great American Ballpark. It will add realistic advertisements, and clearer, high resolution textures. Backup the original first, so if you don't like it, you can put back the original.

Reds (31-19) at Astros (28-22)

It was a bullpen day for the Reds, as starter Aaron Harang departed after giving up four early runs. Sick and tired of his starters giving up a lot of runs--forcing the offense to always play catch-up--manager Jerry Narron pulled the plug on Harang early. Reliever Mike Stanton entered in the 2nd inning. For the rest of the game, Stanton, Matt Belisle, David Weathers and Todd Coffey held the Astros scoreless, as the Reds batters pounded out 12 hits and 11 runs. Every Red who batted more than once got at least one hit: the only ones who did not get a hit were pinch-hitter Jeff Conine and relievers Mike Stanton and David Weathers--both relievers struck out trying to lay down a sacrifice bunt. In the end, the Reds prevailed 11-5.

Reds (32-19) at Astros (28-23)

The Reds unloaeded early on the Astros and Roger Clemens, scoring 8 runs on him in the first two innings and sending him to the showers early. They batted around in the 1st inning, and started the 2nd inning the same way that they started the first: Ryan Freel singles and steals second, and Scott Hatteberg advances him on a hit-and-run play. Ryan Franklin, meanwhile, was solid until the 7th--giving up a run here and there--but in the 7th, he gave up 4 runs to allow the Astros to pull to within 2 runs, at 8-6. Narron yanked Franklin, and the Reds batters put the game away in the 8th and 9th with 3 more runs. The final score was 11-6 Reds.

Reds (33-19) at Astros (28-24)

Bronson Arroyo pitched seven strong innings, and the Astros' Taylor Buchholz was solid as well. Both pitchers departed with the score sitting at 3-1 Reds. Eddie Guardado gave up one run and loaded the bases in the 9th, but got out of it to get a save of a 3-2 Reds win, as the Reds complete a 3-game sweep of the Astros. With the sweep, the Reds open up a 6-game lead in the NL Central.

game45ff4.png

Eddie Guardado celebrates after getting the final out

Reds (34-19) at Rockies (23-31)

Jason Johnson made his first start of the season for the Reds after being recalled from Louisville. He pitched well, but the Reds had trouble scoring, and Johnson departed down 2-0. Gary Majewski gave up a few more runs, making it 4-0 Rockies in the 9th. The Reds then got to reliever Sam Deduno, scoring 5 runs off him. Eddie Guardado got another save, and the Reds won 5-4.

game46kl5.png

Jason Johnson pitched well in his first start for the Reds this season.

f_Game462i_6d5am_28047b12.png

Pinch-hitting for Gary Majewski, Jeff Conine drives home the go-ahead run

Reds (35-19) at Rockies (23-32)

Eric Milton threw a solid game, and was taken out after 6 shutout innings. The Reds, meanwhile, had only gotten a Brandon Phillips solo homer off Jason Jennings. Rheal Cormier and Matt Belisle each threw a scoreless inning, and then the Reds got 2 more runs on a 2-run homer by Edwin Encarnacion. That was all the Reds needed, as Eddie Guardado got a save and the Reds won their 6th game in a row to maintain a 6-game lead in the NL Central, now over the Cardinals (Houston is on a 5-game losing streak).

Reds (36-19) at Rockies (23-33)

The Rockies' Jeff Francis took a perfect game into the 6th inning before David Ross hit a solo homer off of him. Aaron Harang, meanwhile, was allowing baserunners, but nobody had scored. Harang went 7 innings, Matt Belisle worked the 8th and Eddie Guardado came in for the save. He allowed 2 quick hits, but with the tying run on 3rd and the winning run on 1st, the Rockies couldn't plate them. The Reds won 1-0, sweeping the series.

Devil Rays (24-33) at Reds (37-19)

Ryan Franklin pitched well for the Reds, going 6 scoreless innings. The Reds, paced by Chris Denorfia, scored 2 early runs off Doug Waechter. They added an insurance run later, and it was all they needed, as the Reds beat the Devil Rays 3-2.

f_Game472i_6d5am_3a14a21f.png

Chris Denorfia had a big game for the Reds.

Devil Rays (24-34) at Reds (38-19)

Bronson Arroyo uncharacteristically gave up 4 runs, and left trailing 4-0. The Reds slowly fought back, and entered the 9th inning down 4-3. They managed to tie the game on a 2-out hit by Brandon Phillips, but they had to go to extra innings. In the bottom of the 12th, the Reds got a couple of 2-out hits, bringing up Chris Denorfia, who has been struggling mightily since being recalled from AAA. He also was 0-for-5 tonight. This time, helined a hit to center to win the game, 5-4.

f_Game471i_6d5am_29dba044.png

Scott Hatteberg had a good night, hitting a home run and missing a second one by mere feet.

f_Game473i_6d5am_e067f7a2.png

Chris Denorfia wins the game in the 12th.

June 9: The Reds made some moves in the minors today. They promoted outfielder Jay Bruce from Single-A Sarasota to AA Chattanooga, and sent Chattanooga outfielder Noochie Varner down to Sarasota. They also sent outfielder Marland Williams from Louisville to Chattanooga, and promoted outfielder Wayne Lydon to Louisville from Chattanooga.

Devil Rays (24-35) at Reds (39-19)

Jason Johnson pitched well in his first home start of the season. He went 5 innings and gave up 2 runs, but since he had been shaky in the 5th, he was lifted for a pinch-hitter. Reliever Matt Belisle allowed Tampa Bay to tie the game in the 6th, but Edwin Encarnacion hit a homer in the bottom of the 6th to put the Reds ahead for good. Eddie Guardado got his 18th save, and the Reds won 7-5 for their 10th straight win. They now lead the NL Central by 8 games over the Cardinals.

After the game, the Reds optioned Chris Denorfia to AAA Louisville and recalled outfielder Andy Abad. They also promoted first baseman Joey Votto to Louisville from Chattanooga, and sent Louisville 1B Jesse Gutierrez to Chattanooga.

Orioles (21-38) at Reds (40-19)

The Reds jumped out to a big 7-1 lead in the 6th inning, but the bullpen leaked and gave it all back. David Weathers allowed the Orioles to load the bases, and then was yanked for Matt Belisle, who promotly gave up a grand slam to Miguel Tejada. Later in the inning, Belisle gave up a 3-run homer to Corey Patterson, followed by yet another homer by Kevin Millar to cap a 10-run 7th inning. Todd Coffey came in and finally stopped the bleeding. The Reds continued to hit, and entered the 9th inning down 11-9 with a chance to win anyway. They couldn't do it, losing 11-9 and seeing their winning streak end at 10 games.

f_Game481i_6d5am_16239270.png

Andy Abad makes his season debut for the Reds and delivers a pinch-hit single.

f_Game482i_6d5am_653a85a1.png

The Reds scored 6 runs off reliever J.J. Johnson in the 6th inning.

f_Game483i_6d5am_69fb1d96.png

Brian Roberts robs Edwin Encarnacion of a hit to end the Reds' 6th-inning rally.

f_Game484i_6d5am_bcccad74.png

Matt Belisle inherited 3 runners from David Weathers, gave up a grand slam and later allowed a 3-run homer in the 7th inning.

Orioles (22-38) at Reds (40-20)

Aaron Harang was mediocre at best, his night capped by giving up a 3-run homer. The Reds fought back, but with the bases loaded with one out in the 9th inning--down 5-4--Scott Hatteberg hit into a double play and the Orioles won again.

Orioles (23-38) at Reds (40-21)

Ryan Franklin was good, but not great, and the Reds were able to win 5-3 to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Orioles. David Ross hit 2 homers for the Reds, and Todd Coffey worked 2 scoreless innings, getting a save.

Reds (41-21) at Red Sox (38-24)

The Reds got to Josh Beckett early, knocking him out of the game. He left for John Rheinecker--acquired from Texas yeseterday--and the Reds beat on him too. Bronson Arroyo was solid, winning his 8th game of the year, as the Reds won 10-3.

f_Game491i_6d5am_84dc23b0.png

The Reds made newly-acquired John Rheinecker miserable in his Boston debut.

f_Game493i_6d5am_beee15ec.png

Edwin Encarnacion hits a homer off John Rheinecker, over the Green Monster.

f_Game492i_6d5am_f5f18ed4.png

Manny Ramirez went 0-for-3 with a sac fly.

Reds (42-21) at Red Sox (38-25)

The Reds and Jason Johnson faced off against the Red Sox and Daisuke Matsuzaka. Matsuzaka was nearly untouchable until the 5th inning, once Johnson had already given up 5 runs. Mike Stanton and Rheal Cormier got hammered in relief of Johnson, and although the Reds fought back, Jonathan Papelbon slammed the door on them, with Boston claiming a 9-6 win.

f_Game501i_6d5am_e849d891.png

Daisuke Matsuzaka was solid for Boston.

Reds(42-22) at Red Sox (39-25)

Eric Milton gave up two runs and many more hits, but it was Matt Clement who was the "homer man," as the Reds blasted 4 homers off him in 4 innings. The Red Sox tried to crawl back into the game, but Eddie Guardado got David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez out with the bases loaded in the 9th to get the save as the Reds won 6-4.

f_Game511i_6d5am_4ead4e7c.png

In 4 innings, Matt Clement served up four home runs to Reds batters.

Braves (30-35) at Reds (43-22)

The Reds come home to face Atlanta, and are greeted by John Smoltz. Smoltz and Aaron Harang soon found themselves locked in a classic pitcher's duel. An 8th inning homer by Pete Orr off Harang was the difference as Atlanta won 2-1.

f_Game521i_6d5am_982409f4.png

John Smoltz shut down the Reds' offense.

Braves (31-35) at Reds (43-23)

Ryan Franklin walked home two runs and was yanked in the 2nd inning after giving up 5 runs. The Braves scored 3 more runs off David Weathers, and Tim Hudson was untouchable for the Braves, who easily won 8-0.

Braves (32-35) at Reds (43-24)

Bronson Arroyo was solid, but so was John Thomson of Atlanta. The game was tied 1-1, when Arroyo loaded the bases, and then departed with none out. Todd Coffey walked home a run and then got out of it. Ryan Freel tied it up with a homer, but David Weathers gave up a run, and the Reds could not get it back, losing 3-2. This was the Reds' 3rd straight loss, their longest losing streak since April, when they got swept in 2 games by the Cubs. They have not been swept since, but are facing a 4-game sweep if they lose tomorrow.

Matt Kata came off the disabled list and re-joined Louisville. To make room for him, the Reds sent infielder Earl Snyder to AA Chattanooga.

Braves (33-35) at Reds (43-25)

Jason Johnson pitched well as the Reds tried to avoid the sweep, and he left with the game tied. Mike Stanton and Gary Majewski held Atlanta hitless. Todd Coffey, in the top of the 11th, got himself into deep trouble, helped out by 2 errors from Alex Gonzalez. Coffey got out of it, and the Reds won it in the bottom of the inning to avoid getting swept.

f_Game53i_6d5am_ee756395.png

Edwin Encarnacion scores the winning run in the 11th inning.

June 20: The Reds released pitcher Chris Michalak off the Lousville roster. They promoted pitcher Steve Kelly from AA to AAA to replace Michalak, and replaced Kelly in the Chattanooga rotation by promoting Carlos Bohorquez from Sarasota. They then signed draft pick David King, a left-handed starting pitcher, and assigned him to Sarasota's rotation.

Archived