Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

Cardinals (38-30) at Reds (44-25)

It was a bad night for the Reds. Every Cardinal got a hit except the pitchers/their pinch-hitters and Ron Belliard. Eric Milton gave up 5 runs before leaving, and the Cards punished any Reds reliever that came out. In the end, it was 15-2 Cardinals. The Reds' lead in the NL Central has shrunk to 4.5 games now, as they have lost 7 of their last 11 games, since their 10-game winning streak ended at the hands of the Orioles.

After the game, the Reds sent reliever Matt Belisle to Louisville. Belisle had been solid when he came up, but has been very shaky as of late, and currently holds the highest ERA on the team. They called up Brandon Claussen, and announced that Claussen will replace Ryan Franklin in the rotation. Franklin will be moved back to the bullpen.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals (39-30) at Reds (44-26)

Aaron Harang gave up 5 early runs, but then settled down as the Reds battled back to tie the game. Mike Stanton gave up an 8th inning run, and the Reds wound up down 7-6 in the 9th. They fought back, though, and won the game on a one-out double by Javier Valentin.

Cardinals (39-31) at Reds (45-26)

Brandon Claussen made his season debut for the Reds, and pitched average. He gave up four runs, before he was ejected in the 4th inning. Ryan Franklin came in and kept them from scoring too many more, but it was already too much. In the 9th, the Reds loaded the bases with 2 outs, but could not score. The Cardinals won 6-3.

f_Game54i_6d5am_be34485a.png

Cards closer Jason Isringhausen--beaten by the Reds several times this season--celebrates after getting the save.

The first half of the season is over for AA and Single-A.

The Chattanooga Lookouts won their division with a 40-30 record, and will participate in the playoffs. The Sarasota Reds finished with a 35-35 record, due for 3rd place. If they can win the division in the second half, they will face the Tampa Yankees.

Reds (45-27) at Indians (37-34)

Bronson Arroyo picked up his 9th win of the year, as he and Ryan Franklin combined to shut out the Indians. The Reds scored a few runs early, and added more later in the game, and won 6-0. They also lost third baseman Edwin Encarnacion to an injury. After the game, he was placed on the DL with a strained ribcage. Infielder Ray Olmedo was called up from Louisville to take Encarnacion's spot. Olmedo is expected to share time at third with Juan Castro until Encarnacion returns.

f_Game551i_6d5am_068dfb09.png

Bronson Arroyo shut down the Cleveland offense.

Reds (46-27) at Indians (37-35)

Jason Johnson struggled again, giving up 2 early homers, and the Reds could not get to Cliff Lee. The Indians won the game 6-2. After the game, the Reds sent Jason Johnson back to Louisville. To replace him, they brought back Elizardo Ramirez.

f_Game561i_6d5am_78cea891.png

Ray Olmedo makes his season debut for the Reds

June 26: The Reds traded relief pitcher Jason Standridge to the Red Sox for relief pitcher Craig Hansen, who has posted a 5.01 ERA in 31 appearances for Boston this season. Hansesn was assigned to AAA Louisville.

Reds (46-28) at Indians (38-35)

In the rubber game, the Reds pounded the Indians, beating them 11-5. Eric Milton pitched well, only giving up 2 runs. Todd Coffey gave up 3 runs in the 9th, but he was fortunate enough to have a 9-run cushion.

f_Game571i_6d5am_c252b814.png

David Ross had a good night for Cincinnati.

f_Game572i_6d5am_fc6de3bd.png

The Reds made reliever Adam Miller miserable.

f_Game573i_6d5am_eb3efb52.png

Eric Milton had a solid start against the Tribe.

do you have their new jerseys?

Yes, these are as close as I have to the new jerseys, which I think is pretty close. I made them myself, and it was my first attempt at modding, so they aren't all that great. I could not change the font on the new uniforms (the numbers and names, which I believe are contained in the fxxxy.fsh files--I do not know how to create those yet (EA Graphics Editor does not work for me). If you want these Reds uniforms, you can find the package in the downloads section.

*Note: That package includes the home, road and alternate home uniforms. I later created an alternate road uniform--they don't have one, I just made it because I wanted to (same story for the alternate Angels road jersey that I put in the downloads section)--that you've seen in some pictures. I have not posted that one yet. If you want it, let me know.

Reds (47-28) at Cardinals (43-32)

Elizardo Ramirez had a successful return to the mound, throwing 7 strong innings at the Cardinals, who couldn't score on him until the 7th inning. Ramirez had a lead before he even took the mound, as Ryan Freel led off the game and greeted Chris Carpenter with a homer. Ken Griffey Jr. hit one in the 1st as well. The Reds won the game 4-1, with Eddie Guardado getting his 20th save of the season.

Reds (48-28) at Cardinals (43-33)

Aaron Harang was not great, but neither was Mark Mulder. Adam Dunn hit 2 homers off Mulder, both times snapping a tie. The Reds won the game 5-4. Cincinnati gets a 2-game sweep of the 2nd place Cardinals, and heads home to face the Astros with a 6-game lead in the division. Houston currently sits 12 games back as they struggle to maintain a .500 record.

Astros (37-40) at Reds (49-28)

The Reds were in a hole late in the game, but managed to tie it in the 9th. Neither team could score after that, until the 15th inning, when Brandon Phillips hit a bases-loaded single off Astros reliever Damian Moss to win the game for the Reds, 4-3.

Astros (37-41) at Reds (50-28)

After using every reliever except closer Eddie Guardado the night before, the Reds got to rest their bullpen this time, as Bronson Arroyo threw a complete game. The Reds pounded Brandon Backe (record now is 2-7) and two Houston relievers, as they cruised to an 11-1 win.

Astros (37-42) at Reds (51-28)

The game was tied at 3-3 until the bottom of the 8th, when the Reds rallied with 2 outs, scoring Brandon Phillips on Ryan Freel's single off reliever Wandy Rodriguez. They scored a second run on a bang-bang play at home, and that was all they needed. Eddie Guardado got the save as the Reds won 5-3. Going into the final game of the 4-game set facing a sweep, Houston has lost 5 straight and are seeing their season spiral down a rat hole fast.

f_Game581i_6d5am_13bdc54e.png

Ryan Freel puts the Reds ahead for good

f_Game582i_6d5am_dbf52217.png

Astros manager Phil Garner argues with the home plate umpire after Jeff Conine was called safe at home.

Astros (37-43) at Reds (52-28)

The Astros avoided the sweep by beating the Reds 10-9. Elizardo Ramirez was not great, giving up 6 runs, but the Reds went ahead in the same inning that they pinch-hit for him, 7-6. David Weathers entered the game and promptly gave up 4 runs, and the Reds could only get 2 more runs, as they lost the game and Houston avoided a 4-game sweep.

Reds (52-29) at Giants (41-39)

The Reds kicked off a 7-game road trip to San Francisco and Arizona to close out the first half of the season. Aaron Harang gave up a couple early runs, but the Reds battled back, finally managing to tie the game in the 6th inning. In the top of the 7th, Ryan Freel tried to bunt his way on, and third baseman Rich Aurilia, trying to get Freel at first, threw the ball right past Shea Hillenbrand, and Freel wound up on second. Scott Hatteberg doubled him in to put the Reds ahead 4-3. They ran the score to 6-3 before Schmidt finally got out of the inning. They added another run in the top of the 8th, and in the bottom of the 8th, the Giants got one back on an Omar Vizquel homer off Todd Coffey. Coffey and closer Eddie Guardado shut them down the rest of the way, and the Reds won 7-4.

f_Game59i_6d5am_858a9860.png

Alex Gonzalez ties the game in the 6th inning

f_Game592i_6d5am_e4584d68.png

Jason Schmidt pitched well for the Giants, but the Reds got to him in the later innings.

f_Game593i_6d5am_a532459e.png

Ryan Freel, who reached second on a throwing error by third baseman Rich Aurilia, scores the go-ahead run in the 7th on a double by Scott Hatteberg

f_Game594i_6d5am_0aac8793.png

Omar Vizquel hits an 8th-inning homer off Todd Coffey

f_Game595i_6d5am_bbf6c109.png

Barry Bonds went 0-for-4 tonight.

Reds (53-29) at Giants (41-40)

Brandon Claussen threw seven shutout innings, and departed with a 4-0 lead. The Giants got three off Todd Coffey, but that was all. Cincinnati added one in the 9th, and Eddie Guardado got save #24 to preserve a 5-3 Reds win.

Reds (54-29) at Giants (41-41)

Bronson Arroyo and the Reds took a 7-1 beating, as the Reds could barely touch Noah Lowry. The Giants did almost all their damage in the 4th inning, when they scored 6 runs off Arroyo.

Reds (54-30) at Giants (42-41)

Eric Milton gave up 5 runs, including 2 homers, and the Reds couldn't get anything going off Matt Morris, and wound up losing 6-2 to split the series.

f_Game60i_6d5am_f183393c.png

Shea Hillenbrand hit two homers off Eric Milton.

Reds (54-31) at Diamondbacks (43-44)

Facing their former ace, Paul Wilson, the Reds could not get anything done. Elizardo Ramirez pitched well, giving up only 3 runs, but the Reds entered the 9th inning down 3-0. They once again showed how they got the reputation for beating on closers: they scored 4 runs off Jorge Julio and won the game, 4-3. Eddie Guardado got his 25th save.

After the game, the Reds activated Edwin Encarnacion from the disabled list and returned Ray Olmedo to AAA Louisville.

Reds (55-31) at Diamondbacks (43-45)

Aaron Harang threw a complete game shutout at Arizona, as the Reds won 6-2. Edwin Encarnacion went 1-for-4 in his return to action.

Reds (56-31) at Diamondbacks (43-46)

Brandon Claussen was good, but not great, but the Reds had a chance to win, with the game tied at 4-4. Todd Coffey, however, gave up 2 runs in relief, as the Reds were denied the sweep, losing 6-4.

AL wins the All-Star game 10-1.

Rich Aurilia, shown with Cleveland, was traded to the Indians by the Giants after the third game of the Reds/Giants series. Aurilia had previously been named to the NL All-Star team as a backup, and when he was traded, he was replaced on the NL roster by Nationals first baseman Nick Johnson. Aurilia wound up being placed on the AL All-Star roster, replacing Baltimore's Brian Roberts, who sat out due to a minor injury.

Meet the National League All-Stars:

f_ARIHudsoi_6d5am_537eb00a.pngf_ARIWebbi_6d5am_8b446419.png

From the Arizona Diamondbacks, second baseman Orlando Hudson and pitcher Brandon Webb

f_ATLSmolti_6d5am_7fcdd434.png

From the Atlanta Braves, pitcher John Smoltz

f_CHCDempsi_6d5am_072a4dd2.pngf_CHCMurtoi_6d5am_21dd7297.png

From the Chicago Cubs, pitcher Ryan Dempster and outfielder Matt Murton

f_CINGriffi_6d5am_ac3c3461.pngf_CINRossi_6d5am_d0d98cfb.png

f_CINPhilli_6d5am_1bb88e49.pngf_CINArroyi_6d5am_d19458f9.png

f_CINGuardi_6d5am_079f9df9.png

From the Cincinnati Reds, outfielder Ken Griffey Jr, catcher David Ross, second baseman Brandon Phillips, pitcher Bronson Arroyo and pitcher Eddie Guardado

Archived