Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

f_COLAtkini_6d5am_8cbf6b45.pngf_COLHeltoi_6d5am_1e6e7690.png

From the Colorado Rockies, third baseman Garrett Atkins and first baseman Todd Helton

f_FLAWillii_6d5am_69de3cd1.png

From the Florida Marlins, outfielder Josh Willingham

f_HOUHuffi_6d5am_8f1b0106.png

From the Houston Astros, outfielder Aubrey Huff

f_LADMartii_6d5am_268fec18.pngf_LADDrewi_6d5am_8db70ef4.png

f_LADPennyi_6d5am_7ddfd04b.pngf_LADGagnei_6d5am_a44a323a.png

From the Los Angeles Dodgers, catcher Russell Martin, outfielder J.D. Drew, pitcher Brad Penny and pitcher Eric Gagne

f_MILCapuai_6d5am_73526154.png

From the Milwaukee Brewers, pitcher Chris Capuano

f_NYMBeltri_6d5am_5e8a90f1.pngf_NYMReyesi_6d5am_5a279da7.png

f_NYMWagnei_6d5am_82f05950.png

From the New York Mets, outfielder Carlos Beltran, shortstop Jose Reyes and pitcher Billy Wagner

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f_PHIHowari_6d5am_b594f056.png

From the Philadelphia Phillies, first baseman Ryan Howard

f_PITGonzai_6d5am_206f149e.png

From the Pittsburgh Pirates, pitcher Mike Gonzalez

f_SDPPeavyi_6d5am_980a706a.png

From the San Diego Padres, pitcher Jake Peavy

f_SFGBondsi_6d5am_213ed915.png

f_SFGAloui_6d5am_12e4a79e.png

f_SFGVizqui_6d5am_61cd5d45.png

From the San Francisco Giants, outfielder Barry Bonds, outfielder Moises Alou and shortstop Omar Vizquel

f_STLPujoli_6d5am_0c5b0f5b.pngf_STLRoleni_6d5am_2d87844c.png

From the St. Louis Cardinals, first baseman Albert Pujols and third baseman Scott Rolen

f_WASChurci_6d5am_a18be429.pngf_WASJohnsi_6d5am_e087e21b.png

From the Washington Nationals, outfielder Ryan Church and first baseman Nick Johnson

f_BALHernai_6d5am_fe513af6.png

From the Baltimore Orioles, catcher Ramon Hernandez

f_BOSCrispi_6d5am_996a1553.pngf_BOSRamiri_6d5am_2a1fc255.pngf_BOSLoreti_6d5am_7e7c0f7a.pngf_BOSLoweli_6d5am_a3058c8c.png

f_BOSOrtizi_6d5am_0018de5f.pngf_BOSMatsui_6d5am_860a6e33.pngf_BOSSchili_6d5am_e649ffcb.png

From the Boston Red Sox, outfielder Coco Crisp, outfielder Manny Ramirez, second baseman Mark Loretta, third baseman Mike Lowell, designated hitter David Ortiz, pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka and pitcher Curt Schilling

f_CHWGarcii_6d5am_c463c79d.pngf_CHWSheali_6d5am_5b51d246.png

From the Chicago White Sox, pitcher Freddy Garcia and first baseman Ryan Shealy

f_CLESizemi_6d5am_310bb10d.pngf_CLEAurili_6d5am_9a8e0513.png

From the Cleveland Indians, outfielder Grady Sizemore and infielder Rich Aurilia

f_DETBondei_6d5am_59329cca.png

From the Detroit Tigers, pitcher Jeremy Bonderman

f_KANBrowni_6d5am_ad1eb911.png

From the Kansas City Royals, outfielder Emil Brown

f_LAAFiggii_6d5am_928d2391.pngf_LAAGuerri_6d5am_4ce22e2e.png

From the Los Angeles Angels, outfielder Chone Figgins and outfielder Vladimir Guerrero

f_MINSantai_6d5am_dfa79038.pngf_MINMaueri_6d5am_ad26fbd1.png

From the Minnesota Twins, pitcher Johan Santana and catcher Joe Mauer

f_NYYAbreui_6d5am_7eaaabfc.pngf_NYYJeteri_6d5am_7e4f84ed.png

f_NYYRodrii_6d5am_654b8243.pngf_NYYJohnsi_6d5am_1c92e865.pngf_NYYRiveri_6d5am_b9969e61.png

From the New York Yankees, outfielder Bobby Abreu, shortstop Derek Jeter, third baseman Alex Rodriguez, pitcher Randy Johnson and pitcher Mariano Rivera

f_OAKKendai_6d5am_f4770e59.pngf_OAKZitoi_6d5am_01903a95.pngf_OAKDuchsi_6d5am_63a34f5a.png

From the Oakland Athletics, catcher Jason Kendall, pitcher Barry Zito and pitcher Jason Duchscherer

f_SEAPutzi_6d5am_7dc26569.png

From the Seattle Mariners, pitcher J.J. Putz

f_TAMJacksi_6d5am_34ea5677.pngf_TAMWeachi_6d5am_f1ab8164.png

From the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, pitcher Edwin Jackson and pitcher Doug Waechter

f_TEXYoungi_6d5am_b57508b4.png

f_TEXLeei_6d5am_cedbb321.png

From the Texas Rangers, second baseman Michael Young and outfielder Carlos Lee

f_TORRyani_6d5am_6ae262a8.png

From the Toronto Blue Jays, pitcher B.J. Ryan

Rockies (41-48) at Reds (56-32)

The Reds dropped the opening game of the 2nd half of the season, 5-1. A grand slam by Brad Hawpe in the 2nd inning was all Colorado needed, as Jason Jennings stifled Reds hitters all day.

f_Game611i_6d5am_1d018d45.png

Brad Hawpe hits a 2nd-inning grand slam off Bronson Arroyo

Rockies (42-48) at Reds (56-33)

Eric Milton yielded a 2-run homer to Garrett Atkins, but was solid besides that. The game went into the 11th inning tied at 2-2, before the Reds got to reliever Jose Mesa and won the game, 3-2.

f_Game622i_6d5am_addfaf2f.png

David Ross singles in Edwin Encarnacion with the winning run, off Rockies closer Jose Mesa

f_Game621i_6d5am_d29ea94c.png

Juan Castro and Andy Abad cheer on their teammates from the dugout

Rockies (42-49) at Reds (57-33)

Elizardo Ramirez pitched well, going 7 innings and allowing only one run. The Reds got three on a homer by Alex Gonzalez, and that was all they needed. The Reds won 3-1, with Eddie Guardado picking up another save.

During the game, Colorado traded Jose Mesa--who lost last night's game--to Philadelphia.

Cubs (45-46) at Reds (58-33)

The Reds ended up winning the game 6-4, thanks to a 3-run homer by David Ross, after the Reds battled back to tie the score at 3-3. Eddie Guardado got a save.

Cubs (45-47) at Reds (59-33)

Brandon Claussen pitched well, but was burned after he left by a leaky bullpen, as Gary Majewski gave up a homer to start the 8th inning, and proceeded to give up 5 more runs that inning, as the Cubs won 7-4.

After the game, the Reds sent pitcher Steve Kelly from AAA to AA, and promoted pitcher Mike Gosling to AAA. Gosling has gotten two of the three AA Pitcher of the Month awards this season so far.

Cubs (46-47) at Reds (59-34)

The Reds kept pace with the Cubs and starter Glendon Rusch. When Rusch departed in favor of Juan Mateo, the Reds unloaded on him, getting 6 runs off him before Randy Wells came in to stop the bleeding. Bronson Arroyo was solid and the Reds won 8-1 on Arroyo's complete game. Arroyo's record now stands at 11-4.

f_Game631i_6d5am_a3653602.png

Cubs reliever Randy Wells stopped the Reds' big 7th inning, but the score was already 8-1.

f_Game632i_6d5am_0de14a04.png

Bronson Arroyo turned in a solid performance for the Reds.

f_Game633i_6d5am_e135e915.png

The Reds infielders celebrate their victory over the Cubs

Cubs (46-48) at Reds (60-34)

Eric Milton pitched well, but Todd Coffey let the Cubs take the lead after Milton left. The Reds entered the 9th inning down 4-2. Ken Griffey Jr. hit a none-out, bases-loaded double to tie the game, but then after an intentional walk to Ryan Freel, the Cubs got out of it. Scott Hatteberg struck out, Andy Abad botched a suicide squeeze by bunting the ball directly back to the pitcher, and Juan Castro flied out to right. In the bottom of the 10th, the Reds once again loaded the bases with nobody out. After Alex Gonzalez lined out to center, Javier Valentin--pinch-hitting for Ryan Franklin--singled to right-center to bring home the winning run.

f_Game641i_6d5am_8206dca9.png

Ken Griffey Jr. ties the game in the 9th against Kerry Wood

f_Game642i_6d5am_778a6a2e.png

Cubs manager Dusty Baker talks to Wood

f_Game643i_6d5am_69444e8d.png

Javier Valentin wins the game in the 10th inning

July 22: The Reds announced that they have signed catcher David Ross to a 2-year, $1.4 million contract extension. They also traded infielder Anderson Machado--who had been with the Louisville Bats for most of the season--to the Diamondbacks for outfielder Jonathan Zeringue. Zeringue was assigned to AA Chattanooga. The Reds also promoted outfielder Jay Bruce to Louisville, and sent outfielder Norris Hopper to Chattanooga.

Later in the day, the Reds designated pitcher David Weathers for assignment. Weathers pitched well in the beginning of the season, but in the past month has seen his ERA swell from the high 1's to 4.50. The Reds called up pitcher Craig Hansen from Louisville to take Weathers' spot. The Reds also released lefty Kent Mercker from Louisville's roster, ending his comeback attempt. The Reds then promoted relievers Jon Coutlangus and Joel Barreto, along with infielder Aaron Herr, to Louisville. They then promoted Sarasota pitchers Camilo Vazquez and James Avery to Chattanooga. In their final transaction of the day, they signed pitcher Enyelbert Soto and assigned him to AA Chattanooga.

Brewers (48-48) at Reds (61-34)

The Reds entered the 9th inning tied at 2-2. After Adam Dunn flied out, Brandon Phillips and David Ross hit back-to-back singles. Then Alex Gonzalez grounde to second. Instead of taking the sure out, second baseman Rickie Weeks threw home, almost throwing it over catcher Mark Johnson's head. The next batter, Jeff Conine, singled to win the game 3-2.

f_Game651i_6d5am_4d151f09.png

Craig Hansen makes his first appearance for the Reds

f_Game652i_6d5am_629671a0.png

Ken Griffey Jr. robs the Brewers' Gabe Gross of a sure double

f_Game653i_6d5am_a1e20a4a.png

Juan Castro rounds the bases after tying the game with a home run

f_Game654i_6d5am_af89ed53.png

Jeff Conine wins the game for the Reds

Brewers (48-49) at Reds (62-34)

Aaron Harang threw another complete game and struck out 10, shutting out the Brewers 4-0. Brandon Phillps homered for Cincinnati.

Brewers (48-50) at Reds (63-34)

The Reds pounded the Brewers 13-5. Ryan Franklin, in a spot start, pitched well. David Ross hit 2 homers, Brandon Phillips hit a homer and Ryan Freel hit a grand slam. After sweeping the Brewers, the Reds now head to the west coast.

f_Game661i_6d5am_cf2b27a8.png

John Baker, playing in his first game for Milwaukee after a trade from Oakland, bats in a run in the 6th

f_Game662i_6d5am_8483e199.png

Ryan Freel smacks a grand slam in the 4th.

July 24: Unable to trade for any pitching help, the Reds turned to the free agent market, where Japanese left-hander Kei Igawa had unexpectedly landed, having been cut by the Royals. The Reds signed him to a 2-year deal, and sent left-handed pitcher Brandon Claussen to AAA to make room for Igawa. To make room on the 40-man roster, Cincinnati designated Louisville pitcher Joe Mays for assignment.

The Royals had released Igawa after he was suspended for his part in an altercation. Kansas City has had several bench-clearing brawls this season, and general manager Dayton Moore had vowed to make an example of the next instigator. When Igawa drilled the Indians' Rich Aurilia with a pitch, apparently in retaliation for the Royals' Angel Berroa getting hit, Igawa was immediately tossed, before the Cleveland bench coach rushed him from the dugout. Once Igawa serves his suspension, he will be inserted into the rotation. Ryan Franklin made one start in his place, and will take Igawa's next turn if it is necessary.

f_Igawai_6d5am_8028b1f5.png

Kei Igawa's surprising availability helps the Reds fill a much-needed void for another reliable starting pitcher.

Reds (64-34) at Dodgers (60-38)

The Reds had trouble scoring off the Dodgers, until the 9th inning. Down 5-4, they suddenly unloaded. They got 6 runs off Dodgers All-Star closer Eric Gagne, and five more off Yhencey Brazoban. Joel Hanrahan finally got the last out, but the Reds had already scored 11 runs in the 9th inning, and went on to win 15-5. Here is how bad the 9th inning was:

--Jeff Conine had one at-bat, one hit and two runs scored. He pinch-ran for Javier Valentin after Valentin led off the inning with a double.

--Andy Abad went 2-for-2, as a pinch-hitter for pitcher Craig Hansen

f_Game67i_6d5am_2bb58ad0.png

Eric Gagne, in to try to get a save, exited the game having given up 6 runs.

f_Game672i_6d5am_999cd766.png

Joel Hanrahan finally stopped the Reds' rally at 11 runs.

Reds (65-34) at Dodgers (60-39)

The Reds couldn't repeat their 9th inning magic. Although he pitched pretty poorly, Eric Milton gave up only four runs. He still lost, though, as the Reds could only get one run off Derek Lowe. Dodgers win 4-1.

Reds (65-35) at Dodgers (61-39)

This time, the Dodgers pitching got a full-game dose of the Reds' rage, as they pounded Los Angeles 10-1. Elizardo Ramirez gave up 7 hits and one run, throwing a complete game and improving his record to 5-1. Every Reds batter got a hit except Ramirez (0-for-4), but Ramirez did score a run, as he reached base on an error. Alex Gonzalez and David Ross were the only Reds not to score a run. The only Dodger that DID score a run was Andre Ethier, who homered off Ramirez.

Reds (66-35) at Dodgers (61-40)

The Reds and Dodgers were tied 2-2 for most of the game. Mike Stanton gave up 2 runs in the 8th inning, but the Reds got them back, plus one, in the top of the 9th. Eddie Guardado made quick work of the Dodgers in the bottom of the 9th, getting a save and preserving the Reds' 5-4 win. Winners of 3 out of 4 in Los Angeles, the Reds now head south to San Diego.

During the game, Yhencey Brazoban--who the Reds made absolutely miserable this series--was traded by the Dodgers to the Royals.

Reds (67-35) at Padres (45-57)

Kei Igawa made his Reds debut, and was locked into a pitcher's duel with Chris Young. The Reds finally scored 3 runs in the 7th, and that was all they needed. Igawa threw a complete game shutout, and the Reds won 3-0.

f_Game681i_6d5am_d8460a9b.png

Kei Igawa looked sharp in his first start as a Red

Reds (68-35) at Padres (45-58)

Bronson Arroyo gave up a 3-run homer early, but then settled down and soon had an 11-3 lead. Arroyo and the bullpen had trouble holding the lead, and Eddie Guardado soon found himself on the mound in the 9th inning, up 12-11 and with the tying run on 2nd and the winning run on 1st. Then he froze Mike Cameron, striking him out looking to end the game. Reds win 12-11, a game that they never should have let get that close.

Reds (69-35) at Padres (45-59)

Eric Milton hit two of the first three batters he faced, and was ejected in the 1st inning after only getting one out. Former starter Ryan Franklin came in to relieve him, and ended up giving up a grand slam in the third. He was immediately yanked in favor of Rheal Cormier, another reliever who had been a starter earlier in his career. In the 6th inning, Chan Ho Park hit Brandon Phillips with a pitch. Phillips charged the mound, and both he and Park were tossed. The Reds ended up tying the game in the 7th on a homer by David Ross--who was pinch-hitting for Cormier. Ken Griffey Jr. hit a go-ahead 2-run homer in the 8th, and the score stood at 8-6 Reds: a sweep for Cincinnati.

AUGUST 1: Statistics Update

f_Pitchingi_6d5am_f3b89b87.png

*D. Weathers released

*B. Claussen sent to AAA

*K. Lohse sent to AAA

*J. Johnson released

*M. Belisle sent to AAA

f_Battingi_6d5am_c82a2894.png

*J. Hamilton released

*C. Denorfia sent to AAA

*R. Olmedo sent to AAA

You're write-ups are pretty good. I like the pictures as well. I really liked how you had the pictures of the all-stars, even though it took up a lot of room, which doesn't really matter anyway.

Aug. 1: Top pitching prospect Homer Bailey, struggling with a 3-9 record and an ERA in the 6.00s, was sent to Single-A to work on his mechanics for the remainder of the season. Behemoth pitcher David King, 7 ft. tall and 354 pounds, yet only 18 years old, was promoted to AA Chattanooga. King has a floating curveball that typically is about 54 MPH, and a knuckleball that also is in the mid 50s, and then he also has a 100 MPH fastball.

f_Kingi_6d5am_8b6cfd27.png

David King pitching for the Single-A Sarasota Reds

Braves (57-49) at Reds (70-35)

Elizardo Ramirez was not bad, but the 3 runs he gave up were 3 too many, as the Reds could not get one single run off Tim Hudson or any of his relievers. The Braves won the game 5-0.

Braves (58-49) at Reds (70-36)

Aaron Harang shut down the Braves offense, as the Reds battered Braves pitcher John Thomson. Thomson gave up 5 runs in the 5th, yet somehow managed to remain in the game for a couple more innings. Harang, meanwhile, threw a 4-hit shutout and the Reds won 6-0.

f_Game691i_6d5am_755b5aef.png

David Ross starts the Reds' 5th-inning rally.

f_Game692i_6d5am_5c591b0f.png

Juan Castro hit a homer off John Thomson

f_Game693i_6d5am_008cf9e5.png

John Thomson was not sharp, but kept the game from getting out of hand.

f_Game694i_6d5am_c1981999.png

Edgar Renteria gets up after making a diving catch to end the 7th inning

^^^Holy smokes

and hes got a 45 mph speed difference on top of that

AND HES GOT WRISTBANDS ON TOP OF THAT

crazy

I'm hoping this guy will be my ace pitcher in a few years. And he can hit, too.

Archived