Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

Braves (58-50) at Reds (71-36)

The Braves left town with a 2-to-1 series win following this 6-3 win over the Reds. Andruw Jones homered off Kei Igawa in the 1st inning and the Reds never got the lead.

f_Game70i_6d5am_4a7eddec.png

Andruw Jones homers off Kei Igawa in the 1st inning

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlins (51-57) at Reds (71-37)

Bronson Arroyo won his 13th game of the year, as the Reds won the game 2-0. Scott Olsen was solid for Florida, but a 2-run homer by Ryan Freel was all the Reds needed to beat the Fish.

f_Game71i_6d5am_64db9464.png

Joe Mays, released by the Reds a few weeks ago, pitches against them for Florida

Marlins (51-58) at Reds (72-37)

Todd Coffey gave up the go-ahead run, but a 2-run homer by Adam Dunn put the Reds back on top, and Eddie Guardado got another save--number 31--and the Reds won 4-3.

Marlins (51-59) at Reds (73-37)

The Reds trailed Dontrelle Willis late into the game, but they got to him in the 8th inning. They loaded up the bases, and then Willis left in favor of Joe Mays, who the Reds cut last month. Mays gave up the tying and winning runs, although they--and the loss--were charged to Willis. Eddie Guardado got another save, as the Reds sweep the Marlins for the entire season.

f_Game721i_6d5am_5c8b8935.png

Brandon Phillips robs Hanley Ramirez of a hit to start the game

f_Game722i_6d5am_85a2e033.png

Dontrelle Willis pitches against the Reds Sunday afternoon

f_Game723i_6d5am_83a35d41.png

Alex Gonzalez singles off Joe Mays to put the Reds ahead 4-3

Aug. 1: Top pitching prospect Homer Bailey, struggling with a 3-9 record and an ERA in the 6.00s, was sent to Single-A to work on his mechanics for the remainder of the season. Behemoth pitcher David King, 7 ft. tall and 354 pounds, yet only 18 years old, was promoted to AA Chattanooga. King has a floating curveball that typically is about 54 MPH, and a knuckleball that also is in the mid 50s, and then he also has a 100 MPH fastball.

f_Kingi_6d5am_8b6cfd27.png

David King pitching for the Single-A Sarasota Reds

lol. Looks like a skinny Ray King,

Reds (74-38) at Cubs (59-53)

The Reds snapped a 2-2 tie in the 8th inning, scored 3 runs off Rich Hill and Ryan Dempster, and went on to win 5-2. Todd Coffey worked the 9th, giving Eddie Guardado a break, and got a save, his second.

f_Game731i_6d5am_bd702b32.png

Adam Dunn puts the Reds ahead for good with his bases-loaded single

Reds (75-38) at Cubs (59-54)

The Reds battled back from a 3-0 deficit to tie the game, but could not score another run, and lost the game in extra innings, 4-3. Todd Coffey, in for his third inning, gave up a walk-off single to the Cubs' Matt Murton. The Cubs win the series 2 games to 1, as the Reds now head for Milwaukee.

MILTON THROWS NO-HITTER

Reds (75-39) at Brewers (54-61)

Reds hitters pounded Milwaukee pitching for 7 runs, but the real story was Reds starter Eric Milton. He struck out 12 Milwaukee batters, walked one and did not give up a single hit. It is the first no-hitter by a Reds pitcher since Tom Browning's perfect game in 1988.

f_Game741i_6d5am_3ea8c51b.png

Eric Milton threw a no-hitter in Milwaukee Friday night

f_Game742i_6d5am_363cf160.png

Adam Dunn saves the no-hitter by robbing Brady Clark of a home run with one out in the 9th

f_Game743i_6d5am_7183a411.png

Eric Milton celebrates after getting the final out

Reds (76-39) at Brewers (54-62)

Elizardo Ramirez was solid, and even though he was trailing when he left, the Reds once again claimed the lead in the same inning that he was pinch-hit for, and they never relinquished the lead again. The Reds win 4-2. Eddie Guardado gets save #33.

Aug. 1: Top pitching prospect Homer Bailey, struggling with a 3-9 record and an ERA in the 6.00s, was sent to Single-A to work on his mechanics for the remainder of the season. Behemoth pitcher David King, 7 ft. tall and 354 pounds, yet only 18 years old, was promoted to AA Chattanooga. King has a floating curveball that typically is about 54 MPH, and a knuckleball that also is in the mid 50s, and then he also has a 100 MPH fastball.

f_Kingi_6d5am_8b6cfd27.png

David King pitching for the Single-A Sarasota Reds

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he's a created character.

Reds (77-39) at Brewers (54-63)

Brandon Phillips and David Ross each erased Milwaukee leads with home runs. Both times, the pen gave it back. The second time was the bottom of the 9th, and Milwaukee won the game 5-4 to avoid getting swept by Cincinnati again.

Giants (61-55) at Reds (77-40)

Kei Igawa pitched well, but not great, but the Reds offense kept hacking. In the end, the Reds emerged victorious, 7-5. Eddie Guardado got save #34, striking out Barry Bonds with a man on to end the game.

Giants (61-56) at Reds (78-40)

The game was tied for most of the time, until the Reds managed to rally in the 10th inning, with Alex Gonzalez hitting in Adam Dunn with the winning run. The inning would have ended on a potential double play, but Ray Durham's throw to first pulled Lance Niekro off the bag, bringing up Gonzalez to win the game. Reds win 3-2.

f_Game75i_6d5am_91e2198a.png

Alex Gonzalez drives in the winning run off Armando Benitez

Giants (61-57) at Reds (79-40)

This game also was tied in extra innings, but neither team could score. In fact, neither team could even get a baserunner. In the bottom of the 14th inning, Matt Kinney allowed a double to pinch hitter Javier Valentin. Kinney then walked Scott Hatteberg intentionally to set up a force play, then the Giants brough Jonathan Sanchez in to pitch to Ken Griffey Jr. Griffey singled, to load the bases with no one out. Edwin Encarnacion stepped up to the plate and hit a walk-off grand slam to win the game, 6-2.

f_Game76i_6d5am_2c60ce5e.png

Brandon Phillips congratulates Edwin Encarnacion after Encarnacion won the game with a grand slam

Giants (61-58) at Reds (80-40)

Elizardo Ramirez pitched well again, giving up one run in 8 innings. Alex Gonzalez homered to give the Reds their first run, and they scored another run in the bottom of the 8th. Eddie Guardado got a save and the Reds won 2-1, sweeping the Giants in four. This gives the Reds their 81st win and officially snaps their streak of losing seasons.

The Diamondbacks are now coming to town.

Diamondbacks (59-62) at Reds (81-40)

Eddie Guardado entered to get a save in the 9th, but gave up back-to-back homers to allow Arizona to tie the game. The score remained tied until the bottom of the 11th, when Scott Hatteberg hit a walk-off homer off Luis Vizcaino to win the game for the Reds, 8-6.

AUG. 20: Sarasota Reds backup catcher/DH Craig Tatum got hurt and will miss the rest of the season. The Reds signed free agent catcher Hector Gimenez for the remainder of the season, and to compete for a catching job in the organization next season. Sarasota starting catcher John Purdom, struggling with a .230 batting average, will take a back seat to Gimenez for the remaining 13 games of the regular season. Sarasota is 25-32 and in last place and has virtually no hope of reaching the playoffs this season.

Diamondbacks (59-63) at Reds (82-40)

Despite hitting a home run himself, Kei Igawa could not keep the Reds in the lead. He only gave up 3 runs, but the Reds only got 2. Arizona wins the game 3-2 to end the Reds' winning streak.

Diamondbacks (60-63) at Reds (82-41)

The D-Backs win the series 2 games to 1 on a 1-0 win. Corey Hart hit a 12th-inning home run off Craig Hansen, and the Diamondbacks held on to win.

Reds (82-42) at Nationals (60-64)

The Reds held a one-run advantage for much of the game, and added 2 runs in the 9th. Eric Milton got his record up to 8-8, and Eddie Guardado got another save, as the Reds won the game 6-3.

f_Game771i_6d5am_616ca3e9.png

Austin Kearns went 3-for-4 against his former team

f_Game772i_6d5am_6a5151d0.png

Ryan Zimmerman throws Brandon Phillips out at first on a close play

f_Game773i_6d5am_857df30a.png

David Ross homers off the Nats' Ryan Drese

Reds (83-42) at Nationals (60-65)

Elizardo Ramirez pitched a complete game, and Adam Dunn hit 2 home runs to help support him, as the Reds rolled over the Nationals 9-2.

f_Game78i_6d5am_ea50778b.png

Adam Dunn hit 2 homers for the Reds.

Reds (84-42) at Nationals (60-66)

The Reds got several hits, but could not score on Brian Lawrence, until Adam Dunn homered off him in the 9th to tie the game. The Reds scored in the top of the 11th, but Eddie Guardado allowed Washington to tie it in the bottom of the 11th. They scored again, twice, in the top of the 13th. In the bottom of the 13th, Todd Coffey gave up a homer to Austin Kearns but still held on for a 4-3 Reds win and a series sweep.

Reds (85-42) at Pirates (48-80)

Kei Igawa was shaky, but a 3-run homer by Edwin Encarnacion got the Reds back on top, 6-4, and that was where it ended.

Reds (86-42) at Pirates (48-81)

Bronson Arroyo threw another complete game, and the Reds won 5-2. Brandon Phillips drew two bases-loaded walks to help the Reds over the Pirates.

Reds (87-42) at Pirates (48-82)

Eric Milton almost threw a complete game, but couldn't get the last out. Eddie Guardado came in to get it, but couldn't. The Pirates scored 2 runs off him and won the game 5-4.

Reds (87-43) at Pirates (49-82)

The Pirates took out their frustrations on the Reds, pounding them 12-2. Ronny Paulino, Freddy Sanchez, Brad Eldred and Jeromy Burnitz all homered for the Pirates, as they crushed the Reds to split the series at 2 games apiece.

Reds (87-44) at Astros (56-74)

The Reds had trouble with Roy Oswalt until Edwin Encarnacion bombed a 3-run homer off him in the 6th. The Reds added another run on a Scott Hatteberg single, and that was all they needed. Aaron Harang won his 11th game and Eddie Guardado got his 38th save.

f_Game791i_6d5am_fbdabd02.png

Edwin Encarnacion hits a 3-run homer off Roy Oswalt to give the Reds a 3-2 lead.

Reds (88-44) at Astros (56-75)

The Reds and Kei Igawa outdueled the Astros and Roger Clemens, dealing the Rocket his 15th loss in a very disappointing season for both Clemens and his team, which was picked by many to win the NL Central. The Reds won the game 4-2, and Eddie Guardado got his 39th save.

Reds (89-44) at Astros (56-76)

Bronson Arroyo pitched a brilliant one-hit shutout, striking out 11, as he won his 15th game in a 4-0 Reds win. Cincinnati gets a 3-game sweep of the Astros.

Reds (90-44) at Braves (68-66)

Mike Hampton outdueled Eric Milton, with a 2-run homer by Casey Blake making the difference in the 4-3 Braves win. The Braves are now 6-2 against the Reds this season, with 2 more games to play.

f_Game801i_6d5am_0ed5df12.png

Casey Blake smacks a 2-run homer off Eric Milton

f_Game802i_6d5am_a577647e.png

Braves closer Macay McBride celebrates his 28th save of the season

Where's Bubba?

I apologize for this post going unnoticed. Bubba Crosby is on the Yankees' AAA farm team. I may try to acquire him in the offseason, but I forgot to add him to the Reds before starting.

Reds (90-45) at Braves (69-66)

The game went into 13 innings, scoreless, before Jeff Francourer hit a walk-off homer off the Reds' Craig Hansen. The Braves win the game 1-0, and lead the season series 7 games to 2. The Reds had better hope the Braves (6.5 games behind the Mets) don't make the playoffs, since they have had so much trouble with Atlanta this season.'

Reds (90-46) at Braves (70-66)

With the Braves thinking sweep, the Reds dealt them an 8-1 defeat. Aaron Harang threw a complete game to get the win and run his record to 12-5. Alex Gonzalez got everything started with a 3-run homer off Tim Hudson.

SEPT. 5: The minor league seasons are over.

The Louisville Bats finished with a 75-69 record, in 3rd place in their division. They ended up 3 games short of the wild card.

The Chattanooga Lookouts won their division again with a 45-25 record. They have won the division in both halves of their season.

The Sarasota Reds finished in a tie for last place with a 30-40 record.

Only the Chattanooga Lookouts qualify for the playoffs this season.

Archived