Cincinnati Reds Dynasty

janitor06

Where will the Reds (MLB) finish in this dynasty this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• First Place
    • Second Place
    • Third Place
    • Fourth Place
    • Fifth Place
    • Sixth Place

Brewers (61-76) at Reds (91-46)

Kei Igawa threw a complete game shutout, and the Reds got to Brewers All-Star starter Chris Capuano early, knocking him out in the 3rd inning. Reds end up winning the game 9-0.

Brewers (61-77) at Reds (92-46)

Bronson Arroyo went 8 innings, running his record to 16-4. The Reds and Brewers were neck-and-neck for most of the game, until the Reds pulled ahead late. The final score was 6-2 Reds.

Brewers (61-78) at Reds (93-46)

Eric Milton won his 9th game (record is now 9-9), and Eddie Guardado got his 40th save of the season. The Reds win 7-5, and sweep the Brewers once again.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirates (54-86) at Reds (94-46)

Todd Coffey came in to relieve Elizardo Ramirez and allowed 5 runs. The Reds battled back to tie the game in the 9th inning, and won it on a walk-off single by Scott Hatteberg in the 10th inning. Reds win 9-8.

Pirates (54-87) at Reds (95-46)

The Reds couldn't touch Zach Duke until the 8th inning, when they managed to get one run. That was all they could get, though, as the Pirates won 3-1.

Pirates (55-87) at Reds (95-47)

The Reds not only lost the game, 4-3, but they lost pitcher Kei Igawa as well, to a sprained ankle. Igawa was placed on the disabled list, and the Reds brought Kyle Lohse up to take Igawa's spot. Igawa is expected to be ready for the postseason.

Reds (95-48) at Cubs (77-66)

Bronson Arroyo went the distance once again, his 9th complete game of the season, as the Reds won 5-1. Arroyo now has a record of 17-4.

Reds (96-48) at Cubs (77-67)

Eric Milton pitched 7 strong innings, clinging to a 2-0 lead. The Reds scored 3 more runs in the top of the 9th, and held on to win 5-0.

Reds (97-48) at Cubs (77-68)

After 7 innings, Carlos Zambrano had a no-hitter going, and Elizardo Ramirez had only allowed one hit. The Reds broke up Zambrano's no-no in the 8th, and scored 2 runs off Kerry Wood in the 9th, and went on to win 2-0 and sweep the series.

f_Game811i_6d5am_89fb2e6d.png

Adam Dunn breaks up Carlos Zambrano's no-hitter

f_Game812i_6d5am_7ae85963.png

Carlos Zambrano came within 6 outs of no-hitting the powerful Reds.

Reds (98-48) at Pirates (57-89)

The Pirates took a 3-0 lead deep into the game, but the Reds greeted Pirates reliever Damaso Marte by taking a 4-3 lead in the 8th, and adding a run in the 9th. The Reds won the game 5-3.

f_Game821i_6d5am_05a39f42.png

Jack Wilson hits a 2-run homer off Aaron Harang

f_Game822i_6d5am_aecb8214.png

The Reds made Damaso Marte miserable as soon as they saw him

Reds (99-48) at Pirates (57-90)

Kyle Lohse pitched a shutout in his return to the Majors, as well as gonig 3-for-4 at the plate. The Reds won the game 7-0, picking up their 100th win of the season and closing in on clinching the NL Central.

f_Game831i_6d5am_a2c6292c.png

Kyle Lohse did as much damage at the plate as he did on the mound, going 3-for-4.

Reds clinch NL Central

Reds (100-48) at Pirates (57-91)

The Pirates tied the score late in the game, and entered the 9th inning with a 2-2 tie. The Reds got a runner on, and with one out, Chad Moeller hit what appeared to be a 2-run homer, but left fielder Rich Thompson brought it back. With 2 outs, Pirates All-Star closer Mike Gonzalez couldn't hold the tie, as the Reds scored their two runs anyway, and won the game 4-2. Bronson Arroyo won his 18th game and Eddie Guardado got his 43rd save. The Reds sweep the Pirates, and clinch the NL Central.

f_Game841i_6d5am_146e43ad.png

Pirates left fielder Rich Thompson robs the Reds' Chad Moeller of a 9th inning home run. The Reds ended up scoring two runs in the inning anyway.

The Reds have the division title wrapped up, and have 13 games remaining: one final homestand with 3 games against the Cardinals and 3 against the Phillies, then a final road trip, with 4 games in Milwaukee and 3 in St. Louis. The scores of these final games are:

Reds 2, Cards 1

Cards 11, Reds 1

Reds 4, Cards 3

Phils 9, Reds 3

Phils 4, Reds 2

Reds 8, Phils 1

Reds 4, Brewers 3

Brewers 3, Reds 1

Reds 4, Brewers 0

Reds 5, Brewers 4

Reds 4, Cards 3

Cards 6, Reds 2

Reds 8, Cards 6

The Reds made the playoffs, and the Chattanooga Lookouts made the playoffs. The Louisville Bats and Sarasota Reds did not make the playoffs.

PLAYOFFS:

MLB

Los Angeles Angels vs. Boston Red Sox

Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees

New York Mets vs. Cincinnati Reds

Colorado Rockies vs. St. Louis Cardinals

AAA

International League

Columbus Clippers vs. Charlotte Knights

Ottawa Lynx vs. Indianapolis Indians

Pacific Coast League

Oklahoma Redhawks vs. Omaha Royals

Fresno Grizzlies vs. Portland Beavers

AA

Eastern League

Trenton Thunder vs. New Britain Rock Cats

Harrisburg Senators vs. Bowie BaySox

Southern League

Mobile BayBears vs. Montgomery Biscuits

Chattanooga Lookouts vs. Mississippi Braves

Texas League

Frisco Roughriders vs. Springfield Cardinals

A

California League

San Jose Giants earn 1st round bye

Lake Elsinore Storm earns 1st round bye

Bakersfield Blaze vs. Stockton Ports

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes vs. Lancaster JetHawks

Carolina League

Lynchberg Hillcats vs. Wilmington BlueRocks

Myrtle Beach Pelicans vs. Winston-Salem Warthogs

Florida State League

Clearwater Threshers vs. Tampa Yankees

Palm Beach Cardinals vs. Brevard County Manatees

IGAWA THROWS NO-HITTER IN PLAYOFF GAME

NLDS Game 1: Mets at Reds

Reds pitcher Kei Igawa became the 2nd pitcher in Major League history to throw a no-hitter in the playoffs, blanking the Mets in 10 innings, 1-0. Igawa scored his own winning run in the bottom of the 10th inning on a Scott Hatteberg double to give the Reds the win.

Igawa would have had a perfect game, but Adam Dunn dropped a fly ball in the 8th inning. That resulted in the Mets' only baserunner.

f_NLDS12i_6d5am_2473bbf9.png

Igawa threw a no-hitter at the Mets to open the playoffs.

f_NLDS13i_6d5am_5435fc63.png

Igawa scores the winning run

f_NLDS11i_6d5am_70c58e8c.png

Tom Glavine threw 8 shutout innings for the Mets.

ARROYO SHUTS DOWN METS

NLDS Game 2: Mets at Reds

The Mets very nearly were no-hit for a second night in a row. Cliff Floyd broke up Bronson Arroyo's no-hit bid in the 8th inning, but the Mets could only get one more hit--a Jose Reyes single in the 9th--and the Reds won 6-0 to take a 2 games to 0 lead in the division series. Arroyo had a perfect game until the 6th, and lost it the same way Igawa lost his perfect game: an error.

f_NLDS25i_6d5am_00ac4b00.png

Bronson Arroyo shut down the Mets almost as well as Igawa did last night

f_NLDS22i_6d5am_400cde12.png

Pedro Martinez was rocked early by the Reds

f_NLDS21i_6d5am_9d6fb766.png

Brandon Phillips drives in a couple runs in the 1st inning

f_NLDS23i_6d5am_8077ecf9.png

Edwin Encarnacion's throw sails wide of 1st base, downgrading Arroyo's perfect game to just a no-hitter

f_NLDS24i_6d5am_974d51ab.png

Cliff Floyd ends Arroyo's no-hit bid in the 8th

REDS SWEEP METS OUT OF PLAYOFFS

Deflated from two shutouts in Cincinnati, the Mets came home and basically rolled over and played dead. The Reds shut them out for the third straight game, winning the game 4-0 and sweeping the division series. The Mets were unable to score a single run in the entire series.

Also today, the Los Angeles Angels swept the Boston Red Sox out of the playoffs, and the St. Louis Cardinals swept the Colorado Rockies. The Yankees beat the Twins to avoid a sweep.

Next step for the Reds: NLCS vs. division rival St. Louis Cardinals.

f_NLDS31i_6d5am_054f911e.png

Ryan Freel homers on the first pitch of the game

f_NLDS32i_6d5am_a81efc96.png

Eric Milton threw seven shutout innings

f_NLDS33i_6d5am_e9b7df1a.png

Todd Coffey worked 2 innings, as the only relief pitcher the Reds used in the series

f_NLDS35i_6d5am_0c572451.png

The Reds celebrate on the Mets' home field as they advance to the next round

CHATTANOOGA BOUNCED FROM PLAYOFFS IN 5

BISCUITS SWEEP BAYBEARS; THUNDER, SENATORS ALSO ADVANCE

The Chattanooga Lookouts lost their Eastern League playoff series to the Mississippi Braves in 5 games. Mississippi will face the Montgomery Biscuits in the next round, after Montgomery swept Mobile in 3 games.

In the Southern league, the Trenton Thunder swept the New Britain Rock Cats, and the Harrisburg Senators took 5 games to dispose of the Bowie BaySox.

Texas League playoff teams Springfield and Frisco had 1st round byes and will face each other in the 2nd round.

YANKEES BOUNCE TWINS

The New York Yankees, who were down 2 games to 0 just days ago, completed a 3-game comeback as they beat the Twins in 5 games and advance to the ALCS to play the Angels. The Reds and Cardinals already have their NLCS date set.

AAA PLAYOFFS

The Yankees also have their AAA farm team in a championship game: they beat the Charlotte Knights in 5 games, and will play the Ottawa Lynx--who beat the Indianapolis Indians in 4--in the International League finals.

The Pacific Coast Leauge finals will be decided between the Oklahoma Redhawks and Fresno Grizzlies, both of whom won their playoff series in 5 games.

Single-A PLAYOFFS

The Bakersfield Blaze defeated the Stockton Ports in 3 games to earn the right to play the San Jose Giants. The Lake Elsinore Storm will face the Lancaster JetHawks, who swept the Quakes in 2 games.

In the Carolina League and the Florida State League, all playoff teams had 1st round byes and have not played yet. They will now face each other.

REDS WIN GAME, BUT LOSE DUNN

The Reds beat the life out of the Cardinals, 9-0, on a complete game shutout by Aaron Harang. Unfortunately for the Reds, Adam Dunn also was injured with a minor MCL sprain. He is out for the rest of the NLCS and may miss the World Series too, if the Reds make it.

f_NLCS11i_6d5am_af0fa0df.png

David Ross drives in 2 runs with a double. He later scored in the inning.

f_NLCS12i_6d5am_1ec11f2e.png

The Reds sent Chris Carpenter to the showers in the 2nd inning.

f_NLCS16i_6d5am_fcb706f9.png

Sean Casey bats against his former team

REDS CRUSH CARDS

YANKEES EVEN UP SERIES

Kei Igawa did not throw another no-hitter, but he was solid as the Reds pounded the Cardinals 10-2. Ken Griffey Jr. broke the game open in the 6th with a big 3-run home run. The Cardinals now head home down 2 games to none.

Yankees even up series

The Yankees, after dropping Game 1, have won Game 2 by a score of 6-2, and head for Anaheim with the series tied at 1 game apiece.

Dunn update

It is still not known if Adam Dunn will be able to play in the World Series, if the Reds advance. In case he can't play, the Reds have told Louisville outfielder Chris Denorfia to be ready to join the team for the Fall Classic. They cannot add to the roster during a series, but they are allowed to before the World Series starts.

SINGLE-A PLAYOFF ROUND COMPLETED

In the California League, the San Jose Giants have swept the Bakersfield Blaze. Also, the Lake Elisnore Storm swept the Lancaster JetHawks. The Storm and Giants will play next for the California League championship.

In the Carolina League, the Lynchberg Hillcats defeated the Wilmington BlueRocks 2 games to 1. They will play for the Carolina League championship against the Winston-Salem Warthogs, who swept Myrtle Beach.

In the Florida State League, the Tampa Yankees beat the Clearwater Threshers to advance to the finals. They will face the Brevard County Manatees, who swept the Palm Beach Cardinals.

REDS WIN IN 14 INNINGS

LOSE GRIFFEY TO INJURY

The Reds won Game 3 of the NLCS in extra innings, 6-4, on their second try. They scored in the 11th inning, and then with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, Albert Pujols homered off Gary Majewski to tie the game. They got 2 runs in the top of the 12th, and brought in Elizardo Ramirez for a save. Ramirez set down the Cards in order, to put the Reds a game away from the World Series. With Dunn out, and now Griffey out, the Reds want to end this series ASAP.

Griffey hurt: The Reds lost Ken Griffey Jr. to a sprained knee--the same type of injury Adam Dunn suffered in Game 2. Dunn is still likely to try to play in the World Series--Griffey is extremely doubtful. The Reds have put the official call out to Chris Denorfia--he will be added to their World Series roster should they win the NLCS. They are likely to call on Ray Olmedo as well if both Dunn and Griffey are unable to play. If not Olmedo, they may add pitcher Craig Hansen, who had been left off the playoff roster in favor of Kyle Lohse.

f_NLCS33i_6d5am_d133549d.png

Pujols ties the game back up in the 11th

f_NLCS34i_6d5am_0156977f.png

Brandon Phillips doubles in 2 runs in the top of the 12th

f_NLCS35i_6d5am_05ad5c4e.png

Elizardo Ramirez looked sharp in his postseason debut.

CLIPPERS WIN GOVERNOR'S CUP

OKLAHOMA WINS PCL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Columbus Clippers, the AAA affiliate of the New York Yankees, swept the Ottawa Lynx in three games to win the Governor's Cup for the AAA International League.

The Oklahoma Redhawks, of the Texas Rangers, have won the Pacific Coast League championship with a 3-game sweep of the Fresno Grizzlies.

SHORT-HANDED REDS DROP GAME 4

Eric Milton had a sub-par night, and the Cardinals scored enough runs late to hold off the Reds, 6-2, and deny them a sweep. Due to injuries and the rule that you cannot make roster adjustments during a playoff series, the Reds are left with only Chad Moeller, Javier Valentin and Juan Castro on the bench--Jeff Conine and Andy Abad have been thrust into starting roles in place of the injured Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey Jr. If the Reds manage to make it to the World Series, Chris Denorfia will be joining the team.

f_NLCS41i_6d5am_de290666.png

Junior Spivey breaks a 2-2 tie with a 2-run homer off Eric Milton

REDS WIN NL PENNANT

The Reds took Game 5 of the NLCS by a score of 7-1 to beat the Cardinals in 5 and capture the NL pennant. Elizardo Ramirez pitched well and delivered a couple hits at the plate. Todd Coffey and Ryan Franklin closed the game out. Franklin had some trouble in the 9th, but he also had a 7-run cushion. The Reds await their AL opponents: the Yankees won today to take a 3 games to 2 lead in the ALCS, which is heading back to New York.

f_NLCS51i_6d5am_8c5217bb.png

Elizardo Ramirez kicked off the scoring himself, with a 2nd inning double.

f_NLCS52i_6d5am_78603026.png

Injured OF Adam Dunn cheers his teammates on from the dugout

f_NLCS53i_6d5am_821a231a.png

Andy Abad snares Chris Shelton's line drive to end the game

f_NLCS55i_6d5am_b5d465dc.png

It's celebration time for the Reds.

Archived