But then you have this:

2 Leagues

2 Divisions per league

2 Teams per division

Unless we do this:

1 League

2 Divisions

4 Teams per division

And the playoffs end at the Pennent, insted of the World Seres. It's completely up to you guys.

We can make that decision once we see how the signups are flowing in, in they start coming in like crazy than 16 teams, 2 leagues, but if there's 8 teams, than 1 league.

I also think that it should have 10 player teams, 8 position players, 1 Starting Pitcher, one reliver. Or 5 Starters, and 1 reliver.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character name: Chris Ravage

Birthday: January 8th, 1985

Uniform #: 7

Bats: R

Throws: R

Hitter

Drafted out of: College

Outfield (2pts) = 2

Contact odds: 7 x 5 = 35

1-10 (#X5 pts)

Homerun odds: 3 x 5 = 15

1-10 (#X5 pts)

Batters Eye: 5 x 4 = 20

1-10 (#X4 pts.)

Gap Talent: 5 x 2 = 10

1-10 (#X2 pts) For doubles and triples

Running Speed: 5 x 1 = 5

1-10 (#X pts)

Stealing Ability: 3 x 1 = 3

1-10 (#Xpts)

TOTAL = 90

Hitting RHP: 7

Hitting LHP: 3

*I'll add a scouting report for him later if you wish to have one*

I think you are missing fielding ability.

Tomackze Rhino

January 16th 1980

Bat: Righty

Pitch: Lefty

Pitcher

College

Pitching stuff: 5

25 points

Control: 3

12 points

Velocity: 6

18 points

Poise: 5

15 points

Endurance: 5

Defense: 3

Hitting: 3

3 point

Pitches thrown: 4 pts

Fastball

Splitter

Curveball

Changeup

Total: 90 points

Scouting: He is a very devoted pitcher to his team who goes out everyday trying to give as many innings as he cans. He is injury prone though because he is a firearm that goes out and gives as many innings as possible so that is something coaches must work with him on. He is stubborn, it is almost impossible to take him out of a game.

can i get the website for it?

I am going to use two systems for this game, both made by the same people.

I'm using Inside of the Park Baseball to create the players and Out of the Park Baseball to simulate the games.

Also, the way this will be ran is that your character will be drafted into a already functioning baseball league.

KillerB is 1 pt over the limit, but this can be fixed by taking one pt away from the fielding, running speed, stealing ability, or the hitting vs LHP.

I quickly counted Tomackze's points up, and if I'm correct, he has 105 pts, 15 over the limit.

Also, I am currently looking for a website to host this league for free unless you all want to donate cash for it (which I doubt anyone would on a league nobody has played in yet). Although the main game for this, OOTP5, is available for free at this website: OOTP5. From there, I can upload the league file for d/load and you can check your guys stats that way. The hardest thing will be setting up the league, after that, It'll be smooth sailing past that.

Ok, I finished all but d1git4l_cha0s's character, which I'm waiting for him to update. Other than that, I'm now at the hard part. I see alot of different style players, and I also see at least 1 person being happy they joined this league.

Character name: Addison Smith

Birthday: May 18th

Uniform #: 97

Bats: (L,R,or S) R

Throws: (R/L) R

Hitter/Pitcher: Hitter

Drafted out of: High School

Select position(s) to play: CF/OF (2 pts)

Contact odds: 6 (30 pts)

Homerun odds: 4 (20 pts)

Batters Eye: 2 (8 pts)

Gap Talent: 6 (12 pts)

Fielding: 7 (7 pts)

Running Speed: 10 (10 pts)

Stealing Ability: 3 (3 pts)

Hitting LHP: 3 (2 points added)

TOTAL: 92 pts

SCOUTING: Is already an above average contact hitter with developing power and extraordinary speed. Still developing his ability to steal bases but can almost always stretch hits for extra bases. Needs work on his plate awareness but excellent at hitting into the gaps. A very good defensive OF that covers a ton of ground and has a very good throwing arm.

I'm gonna build my guy Billy Beane style, maxing out with what I can where I can afford it :D

Name:

Birthday: May 12th

Uniform #: 1

Bats: S

Throws: R

Hitter/Pitcher: Hitter

Drafted out of: High School

Select position(s) to play: SS (6 pts)

Contact odds: 4 (20 pts)

Homerun odds: 2 (10 pts)

Batters Eye: 2 (8 pts)

Gap Talent: 10 (20 pts)

Fielding: 10 (10 pts)

Running Speed: 10 (10 pts)

Stealing Ability: 8 (8 pts)

Hitting LHP: 3 (2 points added)

TOTAL: 92

Scouting: Sure he can't hit a lick, but the scouts say that will come with time. He's a speed demon who can swipe enough bases to lead the league. He's a wizard with the glove, earning him the nickname of "Hoover". Quite a good slap hitter, hitting gaps with great ease, but his lack of ability to make contact with the ball is what is keeping him from making the big leagues quite yet.

Oops, I was saving that for last cause I couldn't think of one, I guess I waited a little too long. For the name I guess I'll go with Adam Leahy. The name Adam came from my brother recommending it, and the name Leahy comes from a guy who I just saw on Canadian television named Leahy Smith, which I thought was a funny name.

Ok, so far, what is definate:

1 League

2 Divisions

4 Teams per Division

Playoffs end at Pennant

10 people are in this league (including myself) so probabality that you may be teammates with someone here.

Deadline for joining this league will be on Friday at Noon Eastern Standard Time (NYC time).

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask.

wait we can only be players? We can't be a GM of the team?

The computer will be the GM of the teams, all we are are players. Myabe in the future people can join up to become team GM/Managers.

just let me know for sure when this thing starts up and if it has a specific website to visit to get updates and such... thanks

Well, thats the bad part. I havent found out how to host this on a website, which the program I am using says I can. But, The league file can be d/loadedand put into the game. The game that will be used is called OOTP5 (Out of the Park Baseball version 5), which you used to have to pay $20 for, but now since version 6 came out, it is now FREE!

here's the link for the game:

OOTP5 Legaly FREE!

I hope that this helps a bit. Hopefully since the game is free, more people will want to join.

The computer will be the GM of the teams, all we are are players. Myabe in the future people can join up to become team GM/Managers.

Well, thats the bad part. I havent found out how to host this on a website, which the program I am using says I can. But, The league file can be d/loadedand put into the game. The game that will be used is called OOTP5 (Out of the Park Baseball version 5), which you used to have to pay $20 for, but now since version 6 came out, it is now FREE!

here's the link for the game:

OOTP5 Legaly FREE!

I hope that this helps a bit. Hopefully since the game is free, more people will want to join.

Oh that's awesome *downloading now*

Character name: Blaze Fraizer

Birthday (year not needed): 6/23

Uniform #: 13

Bats: L

Throws: L

Pitcher

Drafted out of: College (1 year)

Pitching Stuff: 25

1-10 (5X 5pts)

Control: 16

1-10 (4X 4pts)

Velocity: 24

1-10 (8 X 3pts)

Poise (confidance): 6

1-10 (2X3 pts)

Endurance: 12

1-10 (6X2 pts)

Defence: 2

1-10 (2X1 pt)

Hitting: 2

1-10 (1X1 pt)(advice- if you want to be a RP/CL, this will be useless.

Pitches Thrown: 3

Fastball

Curveball

Sinker

Scouting: Blaze is a young pitcher who excelled in his first year at Rice University. He has a blazing fastball and an above average curveball to buckle hitters. Unfortunately he did knock a couple batters unconscious with his fastball, due to his lack of control at times. He is young but will continue to gain confidence on the mound as his overall game develops.

well, I wasn't going to mention this til later, but we can nickname our players. So xcrunner4623, are you sure you want your guy to be named "Blaze?"

Alexis Rodriguez - his nickname will be A-Pitching-Rod. :D

Only kidding of course, I don't really see a good nickname other then A-Rod. Which, by the way is taken.

well, I wasn't going to mention this til later, but we can nickname our players. So xcrunner4623, are you sure you want your guy to be named "Blaze?"

Yup...that's the man's name...Blaze Fraizer...Has a certain ring to it doesn't it?

Archived