new baseball...

medric822

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, well, I'm just about to start the draft, but I have to wait until noon tomorow. Now I have to think of the upgrades and training workouts and how much they will cost. I'll get back to you later on this.

As a test, I wanted to see how soon someone's player would get by the computer, and here it is:

Drafted:

Round 1 Pick#14 (Chiago N)

Signing Bonus:

$1,080,000

Not bad, but in our league, he would be in round 2, pick# 6, 14th overall.

He was also scheduled to start opening day for the AA team, not bad, whoever this was.

Ok, we can do this one of two ways. We can:

1) Start this league in the year of 1970, with real players of that year, but all ne rookies will be computer generated.

2) Start in the year ????, and use completely computer generated players.

Its up to you.

I am going to use two systems for this game, both made by the same people.

I'm using Inside of the Park Baseball to create the players and Out of the Park Baseball to simulate the games.

Also, the way this will be ran is that your character will be drafted into a already functioning baseball league.

KillerB is 1 pt over the limit, but this can be fixed by taking one pt away from the fielding, running speed, stealing ability, or the hitting vs LHP.

I quickly counted Tomackze's points up, and if I'm correct, he has 105 pts, 15 over the limit.

Also, I am currently looking for a website to host this league for free unless you all want to donate cash for it (which I doubt anyone would on a league nobody has played in yet). Although the main game for this, OOTP5, is available for free at this website: OOTP5. From there, I can upload the league file for d/load and you can check your guys stats that way. The hardest thing will be setting up the league, after that, It'll be smooth sailing past that.

Is the OOTP5 a demo? Because I can't find it anywhere? OR are you going to do something else?

Ok, well, will the year 2004 work? Also, I can have real rookies, but the pre season will be a little longer because I'll have to edit each and every player. I am also still looking for help with finding a good free website host. All help needed on that subject.

Ok, I got everything ready EXCEPT the website. I almost had it, but it decided not to want to upload. I'll probably have that done by tomorow. Well, here's the results of the draft, and who was drafted where. Since we are using the 2004 rosters, I decided just to use the league setup of the 2004 season, insted of the 8 team, 1 league that we have.

Paul Quisenberry-Round 1-Pick#3-Pittsburgh-Signing Bonus: $2,550,000

Tomackze Rhino-Round1-Pick #7-San Diego-Signing Bonus: $1,295,000

Mike Silberling- Round 1-Pick #8-Montreal-Signing Bonus: $1,345,000

Dave Fisher-Round 1-Pick# 9-Colorado-Signing Bonus: $1,345,000

Carl Hunter-Round 1-Pick #10-Cleveland-Signing Bonus: $1,215,000

Addison Smith-Round1-Pick#11-New York (NL)-Signing Bonus: $1,230,000

Blaze Frazier-Round 1-Pick #12-Florida-Signing Bonus: $1,115,000

Adam Leahy-Round 1-Pick#13-Cincinatti-Signing Bonus: $1,145,000

Alexis Rodriguez-Round 4-Pick # 99-Colorado- Signing Bonus: $150,000

Jack Bisson-Round 4-Pick # 114-Angles-Signing Bonus: $150,000

For the most part, most of you were drafted near eachother. my player, Jack Bisson, and Alexis Rodriguez were picked in round 4, but we were top-notch relivers. If we were starters or closers, we would have been gone in round 1, round 2 at most. I am also in the process of setting up a forum where we can comminucate easier.

I never knew I'd be a first round pick. There are so many people to thank...my agent, my family, and o yea, GOD. ;)

I'm just happy to be playing baseball, I'm so glad the Reds gave me this opportunity (but if this was the NFL draft I'd demand a trade). ;)

check one of my last post on page 2, there's a link for the free version of it.

The link doesn't show up on my cpu - its just text.

Nice! - #10 WOW I thought somewhere around round three. AND by Cleveland too - their 2nd baseman stinks!

I'm sorry, I forgot to type your guy in. Hope this cheers you up:

Chris Ravage-Round 1-Pick# 4-Kansas City-Signing Bonus: $2,150,000

Also, Here are some of the player pages. I condensed them so they would be quicker to load. I only removed the stats because the season hasn't started yet. I'm not done yet, but here's some for now, I'll post the rest later. The star rating goes from 1 to 5. 5 being the best.

Adam Leahy

Alexis Rodriguez

Addison Smith

Braze Fraizer

Carl Hunter

The link doesn't show up on my cpu - its just text.

Nice! - #10 WOW I thought somewhere around round three. AND by Cleveland too - their 2nd baseman stinks!

check page # 3 or 4, I cant remember which one I saw it on thismorning.

For the stat "Prospect rating", should it be high or low? EDIT: NVM, reread the thread, just saw what it should be

And just FYI, Alexis Rodriguez is a high school pitcher, so he has lower stamina, but he really should be a starter. Is there anything we can do to adjust that?

For the stat "Prospect rating", should it be high or low? EDIT: NVM, reread the thread, just saw what it should be

And just FYI, Alexis Rodriguez is a high school pitcher, so he has lower stamina, but he really should be a starter. Is there anything we can do to adjust that?

In spring training, after this season, we can train him to become a starter, but no guarantees that he'll be able to adapt.

Archived