okay, I still have a big progression issue

JP_Frost

I dunno what's wrong, but whenever I completed spring training, most pitchers' ratings decline with 50 or so points. This results in their pitches not having any velocity and in game they will throw air and the ball will just fall to the ground. I downloaded Bill Harris' patch and the total minors v4 rosters, but I still have that issue.

Could anyone help me? cuz I'm tired of playing the same season over and over again.

P.S. It's mostly the old pitchers that get struck by this

JP, I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what's going on. No one else has reported that problem, to the best of my knowledge, and I don't know why it would happen.

Here's what's particularly strange about your problem: I barely touched velocity in my progression mod. I changed endurance and control significantly, but not velocity. So I'm totally stumped on this.

Now it's absolutely true that the player progression mod will make significant changes two times:

1. The very first time you run it during a franchise, when it will make changes to all players as needed, and

2. On rookies in each following year.

Here's why: For the league to sustain itself statistically over time, ratings have to reach a balance. To do that, rookie pitchers in particular have to be adjusted, because EA makes them far too powerful at 18/19 years of age.

As far as overall adjustments the first time you run the mod, I wish that didn't happen but there's no way around it. For the game to be sustainable over forty or fifty seasons, those player progression definitions are necessary. So the first time it runs there will be some 'calibration' of players. But not in the way you're describing.

Could you maybe re-download V2 of the progression mod from the downloads section here and try replacing the progress.big file with that one?

thanx for the response Bill ( if I may say so :) )

I know that it must sound extremely strange to you and I'm 100% certain that it doesn't have to do with your mod. It's just that the immense decline in ratings makes the pitchers' velocity 0. I have no problem with players getting worse over the years ( even though ea has made a reall ignorant progress system ), but when they're not able to pitch anymore then it gets a little out of hand.

I will try as you suggested...and hopefully it'll work

Bill Harris, you are the man! You just made my mvp experience so much better.

I installed v2 of your patch and it worked. Guess I must've installed it wrong the first time. Thanx

Archived