NFL Playoffs

Yankee4Life

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the bears don't have a good offense and played a weak schedule so they're a soft 13-3 or w/e they are. the saints, eagles, or seattle (probably seattle) will knock them off like that other year they were 13-3 and lost in their first game to the eagles (i think it was '03) and that team is alot like this years team.

eagles V. seahawks NFC championship

chargers V. patriots AFC championship

chargers v. eagles superbowl

chargers win

I really can't see the Bears winning their game next week. Grossman probably has no confidence in himself or from the team after his absolutely pitiful performance against the Packers last week. Their defense hasn't been playing well either, so I think they'll lose their game.

That being said, I like a Saints/Chargers SB, I guess.

I do think however Dallas should look elsewhere for a QB because Romo just can't seem to get that job done consistently. Take today's game for example: he simply CHOKED.

Whoa... Before you start saying Romo can't get the job done, you have to take into account his experience. He started 10 games this season and fared pretty well. Come to think of it, I think Romo's individual stats are better than Tom Brady's in 2001 (his first real season) - only difference is that the Pats went 11-5 (due to be better support staff?). Yet, if the Pats lost a few more games, I'm sure the blame wouldn't have been put on Brady himself.

In addition, while Romo's play did decline towards the end of the season, I would lay most of the Cowboys' faults on the defense, not Romo. They said during today's game that the Defense in the last 4 games allowed 400+ yds of offense, 30+ points per game (or something similar to this).

Again, this is just my opinion.

the reason romo is getting alot of blame is because he made the pro bowl... so he "should" be able to win his team games

no... he shouldn't be getting all the blame but one reason he is, is the fact that he made the pro bowl and he's not a rookie or a 2nd year player (and how the media made him out to be the "best thing since sliced bread" probably didn't help him much either)

Whoa... Before you start saying Romo can't get the job done, you have to take into account his experience. He started 10 games this season and fared pretty well. Come to think of it, I think Romo's individual stats are better than Tom Brady's in 2001 (his first real season) - only difference is that the Pats went 11-5 (due to be better support staff?). Yet, if the Pats lost a few more games, I'm sure the blame wouldn't have been put on Brady himself.

In addition, while Romo's play did decline towards the end of the season, I would lay most of the Cowboys' faults on the defense, not Romo. They said during today's game that the Defense in the last 4 games allowed 400+ yds of offense, 30+ points per game (or something similar to this).

Again, this is just my opinion.

I'd have to agree. Romo didn't turn the ball over at all in this game. He worked with what he was given. The only real bad play he made was fumbling the field goal, he managed the game well. If Terry Glen doesn't fumble, or if Roy Williams could actually cover someone on a go route, or if after Romo's fumble if the defense had remembered to run on the field instead of letting Alexander run for 20 yards, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Bears has 0 chance of winning the Super Bowl. They will be lucky to even win 1 game in the playoffs. They are the definition of "over-hyped"

Zero chance, eh?

Well I guess there's no need to actually have the teams suit up and play then.

lol.

I like the Bears, even tho I'm from STL, but if anything is going to cost them a decent run thru the playoffs, it's going to be their black hole at quarterback.

Zero chance, eh?

Well I guess there's no need to actually have the teams suit up and play then.

true, they probably shouldn't even bother suiting up. they're going to lose. it would just make things quicker, and have less heartbreak for the fans.

true, they probably shouldn't even bother suiting up. they're going to lose. it would just make things quicker, and have less heartbreak for the fans.

He's right, they got the #1 seed by a roll of the dice, that's what happened, right?

the reason romo is getting alot of blame is because he made the pro bowl... so he "should" be able to win his team games

no... he shouldn't be getting all the blame but one reason he is, is the fact that he made the pro bowl and he's not a rookie or a 2nd year player (and how the media made him out to be the "best thing since sliced bread" probably didn't help him much either)

Let's not even get started on the Pro Bowls and All Star Games (they are such BS). In addition, if that is the reason he is getting the blame, I would consider rethinking your evaluation of him. Look how many players make the Pro Bowl and miss the playoffs - but in your evaluation, they should all be winners, correct? I just think it is more of a "I hate the Cowboys and therefore I'm going to bash any player possible" type of mentality for most people.

In regards to the Bears and their chance of winning the Super Bowl - remember that the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2001 and they weren't an "offensive" driven team. Same thing can be said about the Tampa Bay team that won in 2003 against Oakland. So maybe the Bears can do it....

id just like to say that Tony Romo Sucks large testicals

Make that the last time you ever give such a graphical description in here again.

And no, I'm not defending the Cowboys nor am I a Cowboy fan.

He's right, they got the #1 seed by a roll of the dice, that's what happened, right?

pfff...please.... they got the #1 seed in the NFC. The NFC is by far the weaker conference, the talent in the NFC is almost non existent. The Bears has the easiest schedule in the NFL this year, and they took advantage of it. Which I must give them credit for, the did beat a bunch of push overs. They seem to take advantage of thier schedules in the regular season, but when they get into the playoffs they blow it, big time. Home field advantage? Please the Bears have none, they'd be better off playing on the road. No one is intimidated to go into their house in January and play them, they have no mystique.

sheff... eagles and saints can't play eachother in the NFC championship (if the eagles win they play each other next week in NO)... but i still like your predictin (GO EAGLES!)

and oxbay... i'm not saying that all pro bowlers are winners... but look at when a pro bowlers team looses a big game... who normally gets the blame?

...the one thing that the bears have that the ravens and buccs didn't have was a liability at QB... but who knows?

and oxbay... i'm not saying that all pro bowlers are winners... but look at when a pro bowlers team looses a big game... who normally gets the blame?

I agree that he is at fault [partially] for the loss.

...the one thing that the bears have that the ravens and buccs didn't have was a liability at QB... but who knows?

I guess this would depend on a personal definition of liability. Ravens had Dilfer and the Bucs had Brad Johnson - Liability??? Regardless of what you look at on the offensive side of the ball, the defense of the Ravens and Bucs carried them to the Super Bowl.

I am not sure if the bears will win the superbowl but I think they will get there. The R.Grossman can step up when he has to and they have enough offense and plenty of deffense to keep the score close. If the gorssman does not turn the ball over and Jones gets 4 to 5 yards per carry bears should be good.

I am not sure if the bears will win the superbowl but I think they will get there. The R.Grossman can step up when he has to and they have enough offense and plenty of deffense to keep the score close. If the gorssman does not turn the ball over and Jones gets 4 to 5 yards per carry bears should be good.

you could say that about any team in the world. if the raiders qb's didnt turn the ball over than their running backs got 4 to 5 yards per carry, they'd be undefeated!!!!

Archived