Great Call!

medric822

I love it when the game cheats, but I have to say that this is the biggest one that ever happened to me! with two outs in the bobbom of the 9th, tying tun on second, Jeter's up to bat. He hits a chopper to first, foul. Or is it.....

untitledxw2.png

Yup! Sure looks foul to me. The first baseman then walks to first and steps on the bag to end the game. Jeter never left the batters box. That was the exact position that the fielder was in when he caught the ball.

cant tell from that screenshot since the glove Is in fair territory...

based on that screen alone, it does look fair to me..

But it matters on where the feet are placed, not realy where the ball is.

Ok, here's for my best argurment for this comment. If the ball goes foul before it reaches the first/third base, it's foul. Even if it hits. The ball hit fair, and went foul. Then the fielder steps on first.

Ok, here's for my best argurment for this comment. If the ball goes foul before it reaches the first/third base, it's foul. Even if it hits. The ball hit fair, and went foul. Then the fielder steps on first.

the ball looks fairly in where he caught it, the feet don't matter at all...

huh? the ball can go foul, then back fair, hit a rock and go foul again, hit another rock and go fair again and the ball is fair as long as all this occurs before the ball goes over the bag.

and if it hits the bag its fair no matter what happened before it hit the bag.

That ball is clearly fair from that screenshot and the computer didn't cheat by grabbing it in foul territory, it was actually being smart by getting the out before the ball had a chance to go foul. But I think I know what you mean, there have been a few times where the ball seemed fair and was called foul or vice versa.

The best way to avoid bad calls is to trail late in a game. Then the AI favors your team. That's my strategy on NBA Live because if I'm up by 20 it's almost a garunteed loss. Crazy shots start going in and no fouls are called on them.

The game does get calls wrong and, for want of a better phrase, cheat at times. That, however, is not one of the many examples.

You mean like with the bases loaded and two outs, the CPU batter hits a moonball off homeplate that doesn't come down until everyone is safe?

The thing that burns me the most is that a human player cannot get an inside the park homer recored as an inside the park homer but the cpu can.

I've had more than one inside the park homer.

I hate things where a home run is stolen on a bad call and you can't do anything about it. Here's a few examples of when this happened to me.

1. I hit a walk off home run with Gabe Gross in '05 off the foul pole.. the replay clearly showed it bounce off the foul pole then go in the outfielders glove. This was ruled as an out.

2. I hit a home run into the top bleachers in RF in Minnesota and it fell back on the field. It hit an outfielder and was ruled as an error and no home run yet the guy scored.

3. I hit a home run into right that went off a fan and was caught by the right fielder afterwards.

yeah, dont you love those. Once, I had a runner on first, and I dove back into 1st to avoid the tag, but my player literaly slid from first all the way down the line, and into home to score!

Archived