All-White? All-Right!!!

xcrunner4623

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CRACKER JACKS STEAMROLL BRAVES 13-5

ATLANTA- The Cracker Jacks devoured the Braves pitching, pounding out 21 hits against the team from Atlanta. Stephen Drew led the way with a 5 for 5 night, along with scoring 3 runs and driving in two.

Brad Penny pitched five innings for his second win of the season. Penny also decleated A.J. Pierzynski at home when he came in on a single from Mark Teixiera in the sixth. Teixiera went 4 for 6 in the game with 5 RBIs and two runs scored.

"I just saw A.J. guarding the plate, and I thought about going for it," Penny said. "I really gave it to him with my forearm."

Jason Bay went 4 for 6 with 3 RBIs as well, and David Wright added three hits and two RBIs.

pennyetherqx8.jpg

Penny ethers A.J. at home plate

drewpogyr2.jpg

Stephen Drew, Player of the Game

Box Score

CRACKER JACKS CONTINUE BRAVE DOMINANCE

ATLANTA- The Hockessin Cracker Jacks put on another hitting display against Atlanta, pounding out 22 hits and scoring 12 runs.

Once again it was Mark Teixiera leading the charge for the Crackers, going 4 for 6 with 2 runs and 2 RBIs. David Wright also had a great game, going 3 for 4 with a walk and two runs scored.

Up 3-0 for the first five innings, starter Chris Capuano got into trouble in the sixth. After leaving two men on base for Mike Timlin (1-0) with a 3-2 lead, Timlin allowed one more Brave to score, tying the game.

In the eigth, the proverbial flood gates opened, as Hockessin delivered nine runs on 11 hits.

"I am suprised we can walk after being pounded so many ways by the Crackers," Atlanta manager Bobby Cox said. "I guess you can say that they carry a big stick."

gunnedlk3.jpg

Matt Murton guns a Brave down on the range

stinnetsinglenu9.jpg

Kelly Stinnet rounds first after his 2 RBI single

Box Score

CRACKER JACKS WIN IN EXTRAS 5-4

ATLANTA- The Braves finally thought they figured out the Crackers.

Atlanta tied the team from Hockessin in the seventh, and then in the ninth, but in the extra frames, the Cracker bats became clutch.

In the top of the tenth, Billy Wagner (2-0) atoned for his blown save in the ninth, stroking a single to center to lead off the inning. After being subsituted for Jeff DaVanon, Ryan Freel singled, sending DaVanon to third. Two batters later, Jason Bay continued his hot hitting, driving in the man from third for his second RBI of the game.

The Crackers used six pitchers on the day, wasting Charlie Haeger's second strong start in a row for the injured Joe Kennedy. Haeger went five and two-thirds innings, scattering seven hits, and allowing one earned run, while striking out three.

throughtheglovejj6.jpg

David Wright's throw goes THROUGH Teixiera's glove, allowing the tying run to score

davannonph3.jpg

DaVanon scores the winning run

Box Score

CRACKERS CLOSE TO LANDING ONE OF THEIR OWN???

Rumors around Hockessin and Major League Baseball offices have heard talk about a swap between the Cincinatti Reds and the Hockessin Cracker Jacks involving Ryan Church for the Reds and Matt Murton for the Cracker Jacks.

"We need a left handed bat in the line-up," manager Blaze Fraizer said. "There has been talk about a possible swap with the Reds. Ryan would be a great addition to this team. He can hit for power, and most importantly fill a need with a left handed bat."

CRACKERS FINALIZE DEAL WITH THE REDS

TO HOCKESSIN:

7415.jpg

Ryan Church

6770.jpg

Josh Fogg

TO CINCINATTI:

7597.jpg

Matt Murton

7399.jpg

Brad Hennessey

General Manager Blaze Fraizer's thoughts:

"I am glad we were able to make this deal go though. We needed a left handed bat and we got it in Church. Hennessey was not getting the job done in his first start, and he was talking down to the ownership, so he had to go. Fogg should bring in some quality pitching, so we'll see how his first start goes.

The Cracker Jacks take on the Colorado Rockies in their next series

CRACKERS AND ROCKS PLAY WILD ONE IN COLORADO

DENVER- There is an old saying in baseball that anything can happen in the thin air of Colorado. The Cracker Jacks and the Rockies proved it correct tonight, trading leads in a 10-8 Hockessin win.

After going up 2-0 in the first on back-to-back RBI singles by David Wright and Ryan Church, the Crackers settled. After Jerry Hariston, Jr. tied the game in the bottom of the frame with his second home run of the year, the game got wild.

Hockessin put five runs on the board in the second, tallying six singles, with Stephen Drew, Jason Bay, and Mark Teixiera each collecting RBIs.

"Right after the second inning, Trev and I were talking in the bullpen, eating our mayonnaise sandwiches," closer Billy Wagner said. "I told him that it's kinda nice how we get to rest so much these days. He told me not to be so assured of that."

Five innings later, Colorado put six on the board, led by a Brian McCann home run, his second of the year. Richie Weeks, who went 3 for 5 on the day collected an RBI in the inning as well.

Then in the eigth, Bay put the Cracker Jacks ahead for good with his team leading fifth home run, an opposite field three run shot.

haristonhrofffogghq5.jpg

Hariston connects on his home run

bayhr5hg5.jpg

Bay's game clinching homer

Box Score

ROCKIES DISMANTLE CRACKERS 15-1

DENVER- The Colorado Rockies put on a power display against Hockessin, connecting on five home runs, two of which from Miguel Tejada.

The game was ugly from the beginning as the Cracker Jacks could not mount any offense against starter Javier Vazquez. Scoreless through two, the Rockies then put up runs in each of the next six innings, highlighted by a five run seventh.

Ryan Church had two hits for Hockessin. Stephen Drew and Dan Uggla also collected for the Jacks.

Jason Schmidt was battered for 15 hits in 4 innings, giving up 5 earned runs. Billy Traber came in relief, and didn't offer much, lasting three innings, giving up 7 runs.

"I really hope none of our fans are rushing out to buy Billy Traber jerseys," manager Blaze Fraizer said. "He is probably the worst major league ballplayer ever. Hopefully we can send him down or at least trade him for a bucket of balls."

Box Score

Well, Gasol's hispanic, so he doesn't count. Totally forgot about Dirk. He'd start in place of Bogut.

well if gasol is spanish then lets say that yao is japaneese and throw bogut back in the starting line up.

back on track, great job with the dynasty so far, its pretty intersting the way you set up your dynasty. keep it up.

CRACKERS LOSE SECOND STRAIGHT

DENVER- The Cracker Jacks lost a wild one in Colorado against the Rockies, 10-9. The teams combined for 18 walks in the game.

Tied at one through three innings, Kelly Stinnet put the Crackers up 2-1 with an RBI single. Then it unraveled. The Rockies scored 5 runs in the bottom half of the inning, as Brad Penny walked six batters in the inning.

"I just couldn't find the strike zone today," Penny said. "There's always another start."

Hockessin got one back in the next inning on a David Wright double, but then Luke Scott hit his first home run of the game. In the top of the sixth, the Jacks took the 8-7 lead after back to back doubles by Bay and Teixiera, but then Scott came up again in the bottom half, drilling his second home run of the game.

"It was a tough road trip," manager Blaze Fraizer said. "We just need some good home cooking and some wins."

Watch Scotts 2 HRs

Box Score

Archived