For those who as play NL teams (Or by NL rules)

medric822

If the opposing pitcher is too good, do you hit him when he bats?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I aim for the head!
    • Yes, I dont care where I hit him.
    • Sometimes, depends on the pitcher.
    • No, Thats EVIL!

Ok, I was finishing the 2007, and I was the Marlins playing the Phillies. Pavano was pitching for the Phillies. After three innings, he K'd about 5 of my guys. So, I hit him in the head with a curvaball. He went down, and had to be taken out (strained back-9 days). I later went on to win the game, with his replacement pitcher pritty much giving me the needed runs. I was wondering how many others here do the same.

Also, The Phillies didn't come close to making the playoffs, so the Injury didn't "Hurt" the team any.

I tend to do that. One time i was down in a 1-0 game in the 7th. I was san fransisco and i was playing ATL. Smoltz was batting and i decided to bean him. i used my own bean not the game one where you hit the Buttons to make it hit the batter. anywho smoltz was clocked in the head with a high inside slider. He fell to the ground instantly and was out for a good 53 days with some type of injury. Lets just say that durham got a hit and bonds (he just finished a treatment with his trainer :wink: :wink: ) hit a homer and i won the game 2 to 1

The only time I hit anyone intentionally is if one of my big guns gets beaned.

Yeah, I try to play realistically. If you were to aim for a pitcher, in the game, nothing really happens. In real life, thats probably a suspension.

The chance of injuring the player is almost nil, so there is no reason to hit the opposing batter unless you're up by 5 or more runs. In a close game it's stupid to give the opposing team extra baserunners in any situation.

i try to bean someone every time they hit a homerun. i've intentionally hit five batters once without getting tossed.

but i'm not always successful. i don't know how to hit someone on purpose except by throwing a bad pitch. wasn't there a way to intentionally plunk or walk someone?

only once on MVP... cuz they hit my pitcher

i've hit players in real life on purpose because they pissed me off... never been ejected

On MVP again... a couple of times when i forget to warm some one up in the pen so i can get a warmed up pitcher in instead of a colder one (or leaving the other guy in)

Archived