The Official Super Bowl XLI Thread

ChicagoCubs720

Who's Your Pick?  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Bears
    • Colts

you're jumping on me? you're the dumbshit that posted the picture - more than likely just to start a debate since you have such a hard on for them.

Sorry, I should take the high road and laugh at dead poor people. Silly me.

yeah, why not. it's fun.

Now now - we all know it's only okay to laugh at dead RICH people.

"How did Geoffrey die?"

"His yacht sank when he overloaded it with too many bottles of French wine and high-dollar hookers."

"Well that's what he gets for cheaping out and buying the $24 million dollar model, instead of the $45M."

Now now - we all know it's only okay to laugh at dead RICH people.

"How did Geoffrey die?"

"His yacht sank when he overloaded it with too many bottles of French wine and high-dollar hookers."

"Well that's what he gets for cheaping out and buying the $24 million dollar model, instead of the $45M."

what an idiot. everyone knows the $45 mil model is the only way to go. anything less than $30 mil is just asking to sink.

EDIT:

nice use of the name Geoffrey

yet again, off-topic. i'm an asshole. let's just drop it.

Colts. Peyton is finally able to deliver in the playoffs the way he does during the season. He made great passes while he was getting hit against the Patriots. He is the smartest QB in the NFL, he may not be quick but he is the man who will lead the Colts to the title.

And I don't mean to hijack this thread since it already has been once, but it's Super Bowl related?

It's the first time black head coaches go face to face in the Super Bowl. Honestly, I'm not racist, but I don't know why this is mentioned. It's not like the coach was the only one making it. Stupid observations, I'm not racist for saying I don't care, but whenever people talk about someone being the first black person to do something (or other nationalities) it looks like they're breaking down barriers but it's really just mentioning the fact that no one of their nationality or color has done it before. Maybe there are significant examples, like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier but things like that were part of revolutions and whatnot. That led to tons of non-white players coming into the big leagues and now makes baseball a rather diverse culture in comparison to some other sports. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant or racist, but it's not my intention and it's nonsense to make a big deal of such accomplishments. Congratulations to the two coaches for making it to the Super Bowl, I hope they both do well, but their color doesn't matter to me. I don't judge people by color so I don't like dividing people by color or other categories.

And I don't mean to hijack this thread since it already has been once, but it's Super Bowl related?

It's the first time black head coaches go face to face in the Super Bowl. Honestly, I'm not racist, but I don't know why this is mentioned. It's not like the coach was the only one making it. Stupid observations, I'm not racist for saying I don't care, but whenever people talk about someone being the first black person to do something (or other nationalities) it looks like they're breaking down barriers but it's really just mentioning the fact that no one of their nationality or color has done it before. Maybe there are significant examples, like Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier but things like that were part of revolutions and whatnot. That led to tons of non-white players coming into the big leagues and now makes baseball a rather diverse culture in comparison to some other sports. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant or racist, but it's not my intention and it's nonsense to make a big deal of such accomplishments. Congratulations to the two coaches for making it to the Super Bowl, I hope they both do well, but their color doesn't matter to me. I don't judge people by color so I don't like dividing people by color or other categories.

I think we get the idea that you are not racist. They make a big deal out of anything that happens in sports for the first time with race issue. Or anything for that matter. When Doug Williams made the Super Bowl with the Redskins, the made a big deal out of that. The media wants something to push up into the forefront of society, and this is it.

Colts by 10 or more, easily. Peyton Manning could sleep walk through this game and win it by a mile.

Everyone is going crazy about the Bears Defense....are you serious?

Did anyone else but me see Peyton's clutch throw to Fletcher where he had to avoid 2 defenders in the pocket and throw it on the money to him with just over 2 minutes left in the game? To say he can't scramble and throw is ridiculous. He did it against the Chiefs, he did is against the Ravens, he did it against the Patriots, and he will do it against the Bears.

The Bears defense has played like crap the last 5 or 6 weeks. Granted they manhandled the Saints, but the weather played a HUGE factore in that game. You can't tell me it didn't.

The Bears will be forced to pass it at some point during the game. Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson have played great as of late, but the Saints showed you what happens when you take away the run game and make Grossman throw the ball. They came back and almost took the lead on them, and if they had a corner worth anything they would have not allowed the TD on that drive where they picked on Fred Thomas.

The Colts offense is just way too good to be shut down by the Bears.

Remember 2 weeks ago against the Ravens? They handled that defense (which is better than Chicago's) and granted they didn't score a TD they managed 5 field goals.

They also stopped the Ravens offense (which is better than Chicago's) and only allowed 6 points to them.

The Bears will be lucky if the game isn't out of hand by halftime.

Do you seriously think that the Peyton Manning is going to allow his team to be denied after he waited soooooooooo long to get here?

My prediction: Colts 35, Bears 6

Yeah right. Bears in a close one. Urlacher and Tank will keep them in while Peyton does the same for the Colts. Bears 27-24. Bothe teams have spirit.

Archived