Cheapest video card that plays MVP well?

krawhitham

You know what would be nice, is if we could get people to post screenshots of their game so we can really see how MVP looks with all these different cards.

I know that would definitely aid in my search for a video card.

I have experienced both the NVIDIA GeForce FX5500 and the ATI Radeon 9250 with MVP. I bought the GeForce on ebay for ~60 bucks, and the first thing I noticed when I installed it was that the MVP menu seemed to 'ripple' (maybe just a bad card?). I also experienced some stuttering too. After a couple months, I started having severe problems with it. It decided when it wanted or didn't want to work (see this thread).

I purchased the Radeon from the ATI website for ~$70 (there was a rebate, but I missed the deadline :smile: ). I have been very pleased so far. I haven't experienced any stuttering, even with the 06 mod and KC's 2x uniforms. I have yet to play with the Anti-Aliasing setting, so I don't even know the card's true potential. When I tried changing the AA settings with the NVIDIA card, display problems arose, or my computer just locked up.

*both cards were PCI*

i highly recommend newegg.com...i had recently purchased a Nvidia 7600 GT overclock for $130 and love it....i wish i had a LCD monitor tho because i could get some even better graphics then what i have right now.

will it be a good card i i do cause im pretty sure i do

My cousin has that card, it runs MVP pretty decent, it depends what your looking for if your a graphics ***** like me then thats not a good card.

I have used two Radeon AGP cards in the last year, the 128 Meg 9800 Pro and now the 256 Meg X800 Platinum. They have both worked great considering my motherboard only does 4X AGP. The X800 enables me to run MVP at 1360x768 on my 42" LCD at 4X AA and 8X AF and have all of the latest hi-res mods. Looks great. The 9800 might hiccup a little when bases were loaded, but my CPU is only a P4 2.4 Ghz with 512 Megs RAM.

The X800 was a little pricey when I got it but I didnt want to get a new system and my RAM(PC1066 RDRAM) is very pricey to upgrade, so I went with the video card....and then bought an XBox 360 with HD-DVD player!

Radeon 8500, 96 mb of video memory. I think it's years old but it works great. My machine isn't anything great or modern (it's a heavily upgraded K6-3 machine, now running a 2800+ Athlon or something like that). I don't experience any slowdown during gameplay, so it has been a good card to me. All I know is that my card was considered outdated when I installed Shattered Union last April.

As an aside, why doesn't KG use Spungo's gloves?

Archived