Super Bowl talk

brutushayesosu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone else notice how this was almost exactly like the National Championship game?

Opening kickoff return for TD, and then the other team basically dominates the rest of the game?

Well, this sucks. Now, for the next month, my life is ruined because the token colts fan in my office is going to gloat constantly, not realizing that no one cares that she's happy.

So, what was a bad job just became a terrible one. Thanks life, yet again I owe you a big one.

I just want to punch Rex Grossman in the face. I can't even imagine how it feels right now for Bears fans. Rex Grossman should be glad he doesn't live in Philadelphia because he would be dead right now.

On top of it all, it wasn't even a good Super Bowl to watch.

I just want to punch Rex Grossman in the face. I can't even imagine how it feels right now for Bears fans. Rex Grossman should be glad he doesn't live in Philadelphia because he would be dead right now.

shut the f*** up you dipsh*t, you will never no what it's like to work hard at something and then fail on a national scale. There's absolutely no reason to hate him (remember, this is coming from a Bear's fan who just watched his team suffer miserably).

Rex Grossman played like an idiot. His defense worked there backsides off the entire game keeping it close and trying to get him the ball back. The game should have been more like 50-17 Colts, but the D kept them in the game. He simply failed to execute many, many, many times.

Maybe the Bears could send you out in from of the media at the press conference Rex was just at. He just walked off the field, having an overwhelming sense of failure, making it all the way from training camp, through the regular season while he was constantly under attack by everyone, played well through the playoffs, and crashed in Miami.

This young guy, having never played an actual full season, was frowned upon for 2 years because he could simply not stay healthy. In his 'rookie' season, with the help of a great team behind him, led his team to the Super Bowl against a proven, future HOF QB.

"How does it feel to lose?" "What went wrong?" Those were the questions that were fired at him, as he was fighting back tears. Do you know what it's like to work as hard as you possibly can at something, day in and day out, and then come up empty? Surely not, because if you did you might have actually felt kind of bad for him. You're probably just some damn couch potatoe sitting at home watching the game.

Go tie your shoes, maybe blow your nose, or heat some mac and cheese in the microwave. Maybe you can find out what it's like to feel a microscopically small amount of accomplishment.

Losing feels the worst at the personal level. Rex Grossman

ChicagoCubs720

Can I get copy of the oiftools plugin for mvp 2005

Why in the WORLD would you post that in this, or any other thread, for that matter?

USE A PM.

how much gross could a grossman gross IF a grossman could gross gross. well, a lot of gross, and thats what we learned today kids.

losing gives me a boner--Rex Grossman

Wow I can't believe anybody could have such an idiotic first post. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone get banned for their first post - but maybe you'll be that lucky trend-setter.

yeah, i've just never felt the need to post anything. im just more of a reader of the dynasties (which im working on my own right now).

but after seeing someone get called a dipsh*t over a football game mind you, i felt the need to post something ridiculous to offset the mood. albeit dumb, but still its my first post. and im proud of a nursery rhyme that makes fun of rex grossman.

aaa good day to you sirs.

shut the f*** up you dipsh*t, you will never no what it's like to work hard at something and then fail on a national scale. There's absolutely no reason to hate him (remember, this is coming from a Bear's fan who just watched his team suffer miserably).

Rex Grossman played like an idiot. His defense worked there backsides off the entire game keeping it close and trying to get him the ball back. The game should have been more like 50-17 Colts, but the D kept them in the game. He simply failed to execute many, many, many times.

Maybe the Bears could send you out in from of the media at the press conference Rex was just at. He just walked off the field, having an overwhelming sense of failure, making it all the way from training camp, through the regular season while he was constantly under attack by everyone, played well through the playoffs, and crashed in Miami.

This young guy, having never played an actual full season, was frowned upon for 2 years because he could simply not stay healthy. In his 'rookie' season, with the help of a great team behind him, led his team to the Super Bowl against a proven, future HOF QB.

"How does it feel to lose?" "What went wrong?" Those were the questions that were fired at him, as he was fighting back tears. Do you know what it's like to work as hard as you possibly can at something, day in and day out, and then come up empty? Surely not, because if you did you might have actually felt kind of bad for him. You're probably just some damn couch potatoe sitting at home watching the game.

Go tie your shoes, maybe blow your nose, or heat some mac and cheese in the microwave. Maybe you can find out what it's like to feel a microscopically small amount of accomplishment.

Losing feels the worst at the personal level. Rex Grossman

Cosigned. Think of how Grossman feels. It's not like he didn't try, my gosh.

I'm surprised the Colts didn't win this game by more glancing at certain parts of the box score. They dominated time of possession and ran a lot more plays than the Bears, totally controlling the tempo.

I'm happy Peyton won this game. It would've been a huge letdown had he not have won, and this might have been his best chance to win it all, other than last year, so I'm happy he took care of business, and overcame his pregame anxieties.

Is it just me or did the Colts not look that ecstatic that they won the SB? For some reason, it looked as if they were celebrating any other game.

Is it just me or did the Colts not look that ecstatic that they won the SB? For some reason, it looked as if they were celebrating any other game.

That's an absolutely perfect reflection of the coach.

The Colts drastically changed their play calling for this game. They weren't as agressive and forced Peyton to play a style of football he's not aquainted with playing. Peyton was constantly frustrated with the play calling.

I think that was a big contribuiting factor to the score not being 50-17

I'm sure you feel absolutely wonderful bashing the "couch potato" for watching the most watched sports event on this side of the Atlantic. As a cubs fan, you should be accustomed to heartbreaking losses. So before you keep attacking me as a person, I felt bad for Steve Bartman (Someone who you probably ripped to shreds), Bill Buckner, and Tim Wakefield. I'm sure you feel like a big man belittling someone's "lack of accomplishments" over a message board, because I'm sure you're at the point where you can, with each one of your Heismans, Noble Prizes, and Cy Youngs. Maybe you should travel to the NFL Draft every year to chastise the booing fans and pull your Mother Teresa act there.

Alright, I change my mind. It's not his fault, Rex Grossman shouldn't have started that game period. Thank you, you've given me some perspective that I should've lowered my expectations of Rex Grossman like everyone else did and realized he has no business starting for a Super Bowl team.

Maybe when he stops hucking the ball downfield and then not giving a **** about it (Like he's done the entire year), I'll feel bad. Rex Grossman is a perfectly capable player, but I can't decide whether or not he's dumb or just wants to huck it when he feels like it. Maybe Rexstacy spent too much time on South Beach. On the bright side, at least he isn't Jake Plummer or Michael Vick, true showings of obnoxious nonchalance.

Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for a millionaire who's made the same bonehead mistakes time after time. When Rex harnesses his tremendous God given talents and overcomes his lack of intelligence into something great, I'll feel bad if he fails. If Rex Grossman gets clubbed to death by some enraged Chicago native, then I'll feel bad.

The Colts drastically changed their play calling for this game. They weren't as agressive and forced Peyton to play a style of football he's not aquainted with playing. Peyton was constantly frustrated with the play calling.

It's not as much that they changed their play calling as the Bears did the same thing the Broncos did when they played the Colts, which was to have their corners play soft and Peyton would just hit the short route everytime for 6 or 8 yards. It's fricken Dink and Dunk. The deep pass play to Wayne was just one mistake because Chris Harris screwed up.

This one hurts. But the Colts played better and deserved the win. I personally thought they had a great gameplan and seemed to stick with it all game. I hadn't seen an opponent move the ball on the Bears like that since 2004 when Manning tore us up. They are something else....Champs.

If Rex Grossman gets clubbed to death by some enraged Chicago native, then I'll feel bad.

Steve Bartman (Someone who you probably ripped to shreds)

actually, I'm smart enough to realize that poor defense (Alex Gonzalez) and a pitching let-down (Mark Prior) caused the loss. And how can you say that and then label me 'Mother Teresa'?

actually, I'm smart enough to realize that poor defense (Alex Gonzalez) and a pitching let-down (Mark Prior) caused the loss.

Although I still think you're a d-bag for whining about me whining about Rex Grossman, I thank you for being someone who realizes that the Game 6 loss wasn't Bartman's fault. I wasn't saying that Bartman's move was the reason they lost, but an example of wrongful fan-hating. If Alex Gonzalez was able to turn that DP, we wouldn't care about Bartman and the Cubs would have advanced. I feel bad for Bartman because yes, that was a crucial mistake, but because I could see myself in that position and I have empathy for him. I do not, however, have empathy for Rex Grossman because he's a multi-millionaire with all the talent in the world and screws his team over just because he feels like hucking it down field. Rex Grossman doesn't fail because he lacks talent or runs out of steam, but because he's an idiot who wants to show off his arm (Ironically, both picks were terribly underthrown).

Grossman can quarterback however he wants to. Last time I checked the Bears won a few games this year and Rex seemed to be a big part of most of those. Plus a lot of QB's make a living of a firing dowfield. Would Favre still be playing right now if he was forced to throw short slants every pass? He would have been done 10 years ago. By doing what makes you play your hardest you get the best results. He just happened to lose at the wrong time.

Grossman can quarterback however he wants to. Last time I checked the Bears won a few games this year and Rex seemed to be a big part of most of those. Plus a lot of QB's make a living of a firing dowfield. Would Favre still be playing right now if he was forced to throw short slants every pass? He would have been done 10 years ago. By doing what makes you play your hardest you get the best results. He just happened to lose at the wrong time.

Co-signed.

The rediculous amount of Grossman-bashing this year is disgraceful. He made mistakes here and there - yeah - this is his first REAL year as a starting QB, since injuries wiped out his first two seasons. He made some mistakes, but he also showed that he can be a strong leader and QB.

Eli Manning was garbage his first year, too.

Are you kidding me? Apparently you haven't seen any Bears games this season. They started off hot because their first 6 games or so were against terrible teams. The only decent team in that stretch was a Shaun Alexander-less Seahawks team, aka not a great team at all. Any of us could have great games against the Lions', Packers', Vikings', Cardinals', and Bills' pass defense.

Once the Bears started playing tougher teams, Grossman showed how mediocre he was. He threw 10 INTs in their next 5 games, and it was the defense that won games. Oh yeah, they have a guy named Devin Hester. It was funny when Grossman laid an egg against the Packers the last game of the season; I thought for sure they would seriously consider starting Griese their 1st playoff game.

In conclusion, people have every right to tear this kid apart. He had 9 INTs in their 3 losses. If he knew how to manage a game, the Bears go undefeated. He lost the game for the Bears today (the Bears' playcalling is also to blame).

If Rex enters next season as the surefire starter, the Bears are going to have serious problems. Until he stops making stupid mistakes, the Bears aren't going anywhere. He better hurry up, because eventually that defense is going to lose its magic.

If Rex enters next season as the surefire starter, the Bears are going to have serious problems. Until he stops making stupid mistakes, the Bears aren't going anywhere. He better hurry up, because eventually that defense is going to lose its magic.

Are you sure about that? Real problems? Last time I looked, Grossman started all 16 games for the Bears, and the Bears got to Miami. The Bears are a team built around a solid defense and a time consuming running game. Anything from Grossman is pretty much a bonus. The Bears were one of the highest scoring teams this year. They can win with Grossman, and just might next year. Until then, the Bears had a pretty damn good season and I'm proud and happy for them. His mistakes hurt the Bears, but they can over come those mistakes. He has shown in several games this year, that he can QB very well. He is young, and will only get better. I'd much rather see them work with Grossman, than to start over with a new QB. Besides, the players and coaches have alot of support for Grossman. I don't think he is going anywhere for a while.

Archived