Perfect Catch . . . A Florida Marlins Dynasty (v.2)

oxbay

Should the Marlins trade Dontrelle Willis before the deadline?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

well oxbay i always see him on the block in dynastys that i play and whenever ive picked him up hes played really awesome next time i get a chance to play mine i might think about pickin him up.

Here are his stats so far this season. I'll definitely keep my eye on him.

HartStats.jpg

Man Oxbay you sure know how to make a dynasty, i am glued to this thread everyday, great work. Let me ask you something tho, what do you use for posting standings?

Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you like it. I'm having a blast with the Marlins. As for the standings, I'm using the MVPSavReader. However, I have heard that the program doesn't work with some of the rosters. Thanks again and keep posting any thoughts and ideas!

Thanks for the link

Your welcome.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 Game Series: Game 1 of 4

Arizona Diamondbacks (23-17) v. Florida Marlins (28-12)

"WEBB WINS NUMBER 5 IN A PITCHERS DUEL"

Box Score

Box41.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch41.jpg

Game Highlights

Pitchers.jpg

LEFT - Dontrelle Willis surrenders a 2-run homerun in the second. RIGHT - Brandon Webb records one of his five strikeouts.

ArizonaDefense.jpg

LEFT - Chad Tracy leaves the line unprotected. RIGHT - 2nd baseman, Orlando Hudson, prevents a line drive from getting into the gap.

DP.jpg

Dan Uggla completes a double in the face of a hard slide by Carlos Quentin.

ArizonaCoach.jpg

Manager Bob Melvin is forced to pull Webb in the 9th after giving up an RBI double to Cabrera.

Player of the Game:

B. Webb (5-4) -- 8.2 IP, 4 H, ER, 5 K (3.59 ERA)

Around the League:

Trading Block:

RP - Jorge Julio (ARI)

Injuries:

Carlos Quentin (ARI) - Will miss the next 7-8 weeks as a result of a fractured arm

Did you use edit with this dynasty? When I use edit to change cyber faces my program quits working, is there anyway to use edit and keep these rosters you gave working with savreader?

Let me ask you something Ox, have you thought about trading to solidify the center field position? Just a recommendation i got a Marlins dynasty just like this one i traded for Denorfia and he has been great for me at centerfield.

Did you use edit with this dynasty? When I use edit to change cyber faces my program quits working, is there anyway to use edit and keep these rosters you gave working with savreader?

The only thing I use edit for is changing contracts or stats. I avoid changing faces, etc. That seems to be more of a questions for the programmer or roster creator. Sorry for not being able to help more....

Let me ask you something Ox, have you thought about trading to solidify the center field position? Just a recommendation i got a Marlins dynasty just like this one i traded for Denorfia and he has been great for me at centerfield.

Man, I was just thinking about doing something with the CF position. I was hoping, and remain optimistic, that they will pull the trigger for Baldelli. Other center fielders that I've seen mentioned or been informed about by my friends (who are Marlins fans) have been Tavaras (COL), Willits (ANA), Duffy (PIT), and Dukes (TB).

An interesting note, I had heard from a friend that FLA offered Jacobs for Duffy. I guess that would leave Boone as a full-time 1B or move Stokes up?

If I do pull of a trade, I am leaning towards Baldelli due to the amount of young pitching I have.

Let me know if you've heard anything about the above-mentioned players, or another other players.

4 Game Series: Game 2 of 4

Arizona Diamondbacks (24-17) v. Florida Marlins (28-13)

"MARLINS HOLD OFF LATE SURGE, SEND BIG UNIT TO 1-5"

Box Score

Box42.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch42.jpg

Game Highlights

WillinghamHR-4.jpg

Randy Johnson's velocity was down today and Josh Willingham took advantage.

UgglaHR-3.jpg

Dan Uggla crosses home plate for the second time today.

BallinDirt.jpg

Josh Johnson has a curve ball get away from him.

DrewK.jpg

Josh Johnson strikes out Stephen Drew while en route to his sixth win of the season.

Player of the Game:

J. Johnson (6-0) -- 8.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 8 K (2.83 ERA)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Geoff Jenkins (MIL) - The Milwaukee Brewers announced that Jenkins will miss 1-2 weeks due to an inflamed right elbow.

The only thing I use edit for is changing contracts or stats. I avoid changing faces, etc. That seems to be more of a questions for the programmer or roster creator. Sorry for not being able to help more....

Man, I was just thinking about doing something with the CF position. I was hoping, and remain optimistic, that they will pull the trigger for Baldelli. Other center fielders that I've seen mentioned or been informed about by my friends (who are Marlins fans) have been Tavaras (COL), Willits (ANA), Duffy (PIT), and Dukes (TB).

An interesting note, I had heard from a friend that FLA offered Jacobs for Duffy. I guess that would leave Boone as a full-time 1B or move Stokes up?

If I do pull of a trade, I am leaning towards Baldelli due to the amount of young pitching I have.

Let me know if you've heard anything about the above-mentioned players, or another other players.

As a full blooded Marlins fan i could tell you that isn't a good idea Jacobs is the Marlins only lefty true power hitter, you would be better off trading someone like Mitre or Petit who are spendable. Duffy is very good, but i don't think he would be a good match for the team, Baldelli would be a nice acquisition but you need to make sure you have enough cap for his contract. Tavares is a good lead off but his defense is more than questionable. After all it is up to you, but if i was you i wouldn't touch Jacobs, LOL. Good Luck on you hunt for a starting CF.

As a full blooded Marlins fan i could tell you that isn't a good idea Jacobs is the Marlins only lefty true power hitter, you would be better off trading someone like Mitre or Petit who are spendable. Duffy is very good, but i don't think he would be a good match for the team, Baldelli would be a nice acquisition but you need to make sure you have enough cap for his contract. Tavares is a good lead off but his defense is more than questionable. After all it is up to you, but if i was you i wouldn't touch Jacobs, LOL. Good Luck on you hunt for a starting CF.

I agree with you regarding Jacobs. In fact, I was shocked when I heard the Marlins would have done that deal. Duffy could add another left-handed bat to the lineup and excellent speed (90). I am completely against Tavaras all the way around. One guy I failed to mention that I'd be interested in acquiring would be Matt Kemp. He has great potential and is a 4th OF as of right now in addition to coming cheap (in terms of salary).

4 Game Series: Game 3 of 4

Arizona Diamondbacks (24-18) v. Florida Marlins (29-13)

"DREW'S 2 HOMERUNS NOT ENOUGH AS FLORIDA WINS THEIR 30TH"

Box Score

Box43.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch43.jpg

Game Highlights

DrewHR.jpg

Stephen Drew connects for one of his two homeruns on the day.

CabreraHR-4.jpg

Miguel Cabrera takes his time out of the box while watching his homerun to deep center field.

WillinghamHBP.jpg

Livan Hernandez hits Josh Willingham with a fastball.

BardenK.jpg

Yusmeiro Petit strikes out pinch-hitter, Brian Barden, in the 8th.

Player of the Game:

M. Jacobs -- 3-for-4, 2B(8) HR(4), RBI(14) (.243)

Team News:

Injuries:

Following today's game, Travis Bowyer had his throwing shoulder examined. Bowyer was diagnosed with inflammation of his throwing shoulder and has been shut down for two weeks. Taylor Tankersley will be moved to the closer role.

4 Game Series: Game 4 of 4

Arizona Diamondbacks (24-19) v. Florida Marlins (30-13)

"SANCHEZ REMAINS PERFECT, DAVIS LOSES IT IN 6TH"

Box Score

Box44.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch44.jpg

Game Highlights

WillinghamHR-5.jpg

Josh Willingham answers yesterday's HBP with a solo shot in the 4th.

TreanorDouble.jpg

Matt Treanor beats the throw to second for a double.

EnriqueGonzalezMiss.jpg

Enrique Gonzalez needs to work on his defense as a slow roller goes right between his legs.

Player of the Game:

H. Ramirez -- 2-for-5, 2B(14), HR(6), 3 RBI(15) (.320)

NEXT SERIES:

NextSeries-11.jpg

Tavares is a good lead off but his defense is more than questionable. After all it is up to you, but if i was you i wouldn't touch Jacobs, LOL. Good Luck on you hunt for a starting CF.

Not sure where you got that info on Taveras, but i'm pretty sure he's a solid center fielder with an above average arm.

Anyway, to stay on task here, keep up the good work oxbay.

Not sure where you got that info on Taveras, but i'm pretty sure he's a solid center fielder with an above average arm.

Taveras or Tavares, they are two different guys, Taveras it's a good defender but offensively lacky, like all the centerfielders the Marlins have. Tavares is well a horrible fielder with good speed and a decent bat.

Good pics man I like it.

Thank you.

Thanks for checking in!

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I also have game photos and boxscores that I would like to share. How do you post the boxscores and photos?

No problem. Upload your photos to a website (I use photobucket) and then take the link provided on that website and plug it into the button on MVPMods corresponding with "Image: image path" and you should be set to go.

Taveras or Tavares, they are two different guys, Taveras it's a good defender but offensively lacky, like all the centerfielders the Marlins have. Tavares is well a horrible fielder with good speed and a decent bat.

Who are the two that you're referring to? I ran MVPEdit and only Willy Taveras shows up.

3 Game Series: Game 1 of 3

Florida Marlins (31-13) v. Cincinnati Reds (22-23)

"HARANG DOMINATES AS CINCINNATI'S BATS TORCH FLORIDA PITCHING"

RedsWin.jpg

Box Score

Box45.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch45.jpg

Game Highlights

ValentinHR.jpg

Javier Valentin hits one of his two homeruns on the day.

EncarnacionDouble.jpg

Edwin Encarnacion contributes with an RBI double down the right-field line.

GriffeyTakeout.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. is injured trying to break up a double play.

HarangCG.jpg

Aaron Harang completes a masterful performance by allowing only 4 hits today.

Player of the Game:

A. Harang -- 9.0 IP, 4 H, ER, BB, 3K (2.88 ERA)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Roger Clemens (TEX) - Will miss 1 month due to tendonitis of the achilles.

Ken Griffey Jr. (CIN) - Will miss 1-2 weeks due to a strained muscle in his forearm.

Trading Block:

RF - Shawn Green (NYM)

SP - Dave Williams (NYM)

3 Game Series: Game 2 of 3

Florida Marlins (31-14) v. Cincinnati Reds (23-23)

"FLORIDA BOUNCES BACK WITH 5-0 SHUTOUT, WILLINGHAM & CABRERA REACH 15 HOMERUNS"

FLWin.jpg

Box Score

Box46.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch46.jpg

Game Highlights

StealArgue.jpg

LEFT - Alfredo Amezaga is called out at second when he clearly beat the throw. RIGHT - Fredi Gonzalez has a few choice words for the second base umpire following his blown call.

RedsCatch.jpg

LEFT - Ryan Freel makes a tough diving catch in center field. RIGHT - Alex Gonzalez throws from his knees to get an easy out at second.

HRMound.jpg

LEFT - Miguel Cabrera takes Bronson Arroyo deep in the 5th. RIGHT - Jerry Narron talks with Arroyo after giving up a homerun to Cabrera before he pulls him in the 5th.

Player of the Game:

M. Cabrera -- 2-for-3, HR(15), 3 RBI(32) (.308)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Adam Wainwright (STL) - Will mis 1 week due to a concussion.

John Leiber (PHI) - Will miss 3 weeks due to a strained muscle in his throwing forearm.

Trading Block:

1B - Ryan Klesko (SD)

Team News:

The Florida Marlins completed one of their team goals today against the Cincinnati Reds. Josh Willingham and Miguel Cabrera have each hit 15 homeruns.

Not sure who you are talking about, there's only one Willy Taveras I know of, the current Rockies OF, formerly of the Astros.

Oxbay, that last screenshot, where it says "Pitcher's Reaction: Negative" made me laugh.

Oxbay, that last screenshot, where it says "Pitcher's Reaction: Negative" made me laugh.

Nothing like a little humor and baseball. :razz:

Great Dynasty man. I've been following since you first started. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for checking in and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

3 Game Series: Game 3 of 3

Florida Marlins (32-14) v. Cincinnati Reds (23-24)

"CODY ROSS WINS IT WITH A PINCH HIT HOMERUN OFF OF GUARDADO IN 10TH"

Win-1.jpg

Box Score

Box47.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch47.jpg

Game Highlights

PitchCatch.jpg

Elizardo Ramirez snags a line drive off the bat of Alfredo Amezaga.

DunnHR.jpg

Adam Dunn ties the game at one with this solo shot in the bottom of the 9th.

HBP-2.jpg

Renyel Pinto gets wild with a pitch after giving up a homerun to Dunn.

RossHR.jpg

LEFT - Eduardo Gonzalez delivers a pitch to pinch hitter Cody Ross. RIGHT - Cody Ross comes through in the 10th with a homerun.

Player of the Game:

RossPic.jpg

C. Ross -- 1-for-1, HR(2), RBI(5) (.281)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Zach Duke (PIT) - Will be shut down for two weeks after he reported soreness in his throwing shoulder.

Next Series:

NextSeries-12.jpg

With May coming to an end, if there is a player or players that you'd like to see stats for, let me know and I'll do my best to post them with my monthly report. Thanks guys!

Archived