Perfect Catch . . . A Florida Marlins Dynasty (v.2)

oxbay

Should the Marlins trade Dontrelle Willis before the deadline?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REQUESTS:

sfgiantsflgators

Barry Zito

BarryZito.jpg

Matt Cain

MattCain.jpg

Kevin Frandsen

KevinFrandsen.jpg

Todd Linden

ToddLinden-1.jpg

Carl Crawford

CarlCrawford.jpg

kjb23

Alfonso Soriano

AlfonsoSoriano.jpg

Mark Prior

MarkPrior.jpg

Matt Murton

MattMurton.jpg

Derek Lee

DerekLee.jpg

Mav3rek

Homer Bailey

HomerBailey.jpg

Jay Bruce

JayBruce.jpg

Joey Votto

JoeyVotto.jpg

Josh Hamilton

JoshHamilton.jpg

Reale24

Kei Igawa

KeiIgawa.jpg

Philip Hughes

PhilipHughes.jpg

Daisuke Matsuzaka

DaisukeMatsuzaka.jpg

Hughes and Bailey tanking...makes me feel better about Cain being average so far. But DAMN Zito - if we wanted that, we'd have resigned Schmidt...

Good to see Frandsen hanging in there - and call Linden up already guys!

thanks oxbay :D

Ox, your the man bro! ! ! Nice touch with the requests, and POTM........

I dont have PS, to stick my stats up like this, but it will be alright.

Keep it up, looks real good, Im following till the end ;)

Great stuff man. The pitcher/hitter of the month was a nice touch.

I'm enjoying following this.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Hughes and Bailey tanking...makes me feel better about Cain being average so far. But DAMN Zito - if we wanted that, we'd have resigned Schmidt...

Good to see Frandsen hanging in there - and call Linden up already guys!

thanks oxbay :D

I laughed my *** off when I saw that Zito was 1-8!!! I'm sure if I were playing with the Dodgers in a dynasty, Zito would be 8-1. ;)

Ox, your the man bro! ! ! Nice touch with the requests, and POTM........

I dont have PS, to stick my stats up like this, but it will be alright.

Keep it up, looks real good, Im following till the end ;)

Thanks for the nice compliment. Glad you're following along. I'll be doing some write-ups shortly as re-signings and trades discussions will begin heating up!

Awesome, thanks for the stats.

Looks like Josh Willingham is vying for a Triple Crown...

Hey, no problem. You know, I can't believe I'm doing this good with Willingham. It seems to be a pretty potent combination with Willingham and Cabrera.

Willis Trade Rumors Heat Up

Friday, June 1, 2007

As with every season, the Willis rumors are picking up. Unsure if the Marlins are willing to keep both Willis and Cabrera, and with the surplus of young arms in the organization, the Marlins are more likely to trade Willis over Cabrera. Also, with the free agent market for starting pitchers, it seems highly unlikely that Loria and the Marlins would be willing to to pay out Zito-like money to retain Willis' services.

But the question that seems to be on everyone's mind is, "what do the Marlins want in return?" If one looks at history, it is pretty safe to assume that the Marlins will want at least two young studs in return (similar to the Boston-Beckett deal). But do they take on another young starting pitcher in addition to filling their center field void, or do they attempt to fill two player positions--center field and catcher, as it is unclear whether they will resign Olivo (who is making $2 million in 2007).

Possibilities that have been mentioned include the New York Mets, including Lastings Milledge, but the Marlins seem to be uninterested in Milledge. The Marlins inquired with Tampa Bay during the winter meetings and expressed interest in Baldelli, Upton, and Dukes. However, the price tag seemed to be more than what the Marlins were willing to give up. Another possibility, and seemingly good fit, is with the Dodgers. The Marlins, however, would probably ask for Kemp and either Billingsley/Elbert/Martin in return.

While we're two months away from the trade deadline, stay tuned as the Willis rumors will continue to gain momentum.

nice twist man u got me watchin ur dynsty

Thank you, sir. I'm glad your enjoying my dynasty. I just gotta figure out who I'll trade Willis for...

4 Game Series: Game 2 of 4

Florida Marlins (38-16) v. New York Mets (23-30)

"NOLASCO SHINES WITH POTENTIAL AS HE SHUTS OUT METS 3-0"

Box Score

Box55.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch55.jpg

Game Highlights

MarlinsHR.jpg

LEFT - Miguel Olivo takes advantage of an off-speed pitch in the 3rd. RIGHT - Mike Jacobs shows his power to go deep to the opposite field with a homerun in the 6th.

OutandArgue.jpg

LEFT - Hanley Ramirez is called out on an attempted steal. RIGHT - Manager Freddi Gonzalez gets tossed for what he believed to be a horrible call when Ramirez was called out at second.

NolascoandWright.jpg

LEFT - Ricky Nolasco worked through some trouble but maintained his composure for a complete game. RIGHT - A zealous David Wright is thrown out at third attempting to stretch a double into a triple.

Player of the Game:

NolascoPic.jpg

R. Nolasco (4-5) -- 9.0 IP, 6 H, 6 K (2.93 ERA)

Around the League:

Trade Rumors:

Chicago Cubs: It seems that Kerry Wood's days in Chicago could be numbered. Numerous reports are surfacing that the Cubs are actively shopping him and they don't seem to be seeking much in return. Wood, 2-3 with a 6.47 era, released the following statement through his agent: "I understand that this is a business and while I don't want to leave Chicago, I just hope I get an opportunity to prove that I can still play the game with the best of them."

Chicago Tribune

Florida Marlins Minor League Update:

Promotions

Brett Sinkbeil (SP) - Promoted to Jupiter Hammerheads (A)

Sean West (SP) - Promoted to Jupiter Hammerheads (A)

Aaron Thompson (SP) - Promoted to Jupiter Hammerheads (A)

Kris Harvey (RF) - Promoted to Jupiter Hammerheads (A)

Jacob Marceaux (SP) - Promoted to Carolina Mudcats (AA)

Demotions

Manuel Olivera (RP) - Demoted to Jamestown Jammers (A)

Kenny Baugh (SP) - Demoted to Jamestown Jammers (A)

Chris Young (SP) - Demoted to Greensboro Grasshoppers (A)

Jesus Delgado (RP) Demoted to Greensboro Grasshoppers (A)

4 Game Series: Game 3 of 4

Florida Marlins (39-16) v. New York Mets (23-31)

"JACOBS' ONLY HIT POWERS MARLINS TO VICTORY IN 13TH"

FLWin-1.jpg

Box Score

Box56.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch56.jpg

Game Highlights

NYMSpeed.jpg

Mets show off their speed as Jose Reyes and Endy Chavez beat out bunts during today's game.

FLASlides.jpg

LEFT - Josh Willingham safely slides to the inside of second base for one of two doubles on the day. RIGHT - Hanley Ramirez avoids the tag of catcher Kelly Stinnett but is called out on a blown call.

NY-FLHR.jpg

LEFT - Carlos Beltran takes a Petit fastball deep in the 2nd inning. RIGHT - Mike Jacobs, with his only hit of the day, pushes the Marlins ahead in the 13th with a solo homerun.

Player of the Game:

BowyerPic.jpg

T. Bowyer (S, 15) -- 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 K (2.04 ERA)

Team Injuries:

Yusmeiro Petit pulled himself out of the game today due to soreness in his throwing shoulder. After the game, manager Freddi Gonzalez stated that he would be examined and will be listed as day-to-day.

4 Game Series: Game 4 of 4

Florida Marlins (40-16) v. New York Mets (23-32)

"METS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF D-TRAIN'S SUB-PAR OUTING, OUTLAST 'FISH' IN SERIES FINALE"

MetsWin.jpg

Box Score

Box57.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch57.jpg

Game Highlights

Willisoffandon.jpg

LEFT - Jose Reyes receives his third HBP of the season when a curveball gets away from Willis. RIGHT - D-Train records one of his three strikeouts on the day.

RamirezandCabrera.jpg

LEFT - Hanley Ramirez barely gets back to first on a pickoff attempt by Pedro Martinez. RIGHT - Miguel Cabrera shows his hustle by beating a Delgado toss at first.

MetsOffense.jpg

LEFT - Carlos Beltran hits a line drive to the left-center gap for an RBI double. RIGHT - Jose Reyes turns on an inside fastball for his fourth homerun of the season.

OlivoDefense.jpg

Miguel Olivo had his work cut out for him today. LEFT - Olivo throws out Beltran attempting to steal third base. CENTER - Olivo can't stop a wild pitch from Willis.

RIGHT - Olivo prevents a run with this diving tag at home.

Player of the Game:

BeltranPic.jpg

C. Beltran -- 3-for-4, 2B(13), 2 RBI(31), CS(1) (.302)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Scott Kazmir (TB) - Will miss his next start due to back spasms.

Trading Block:

SP - Jorge Sosa (NYM)

SP - Aaron Sele (ANA)

Trade Rumors:

BRAVES SHOPPING JONES

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Center fielder Andruw Jones was mentioned in not one but two trade rumors today. According to the Chicago Sun Times, the White Sox are rumored to be interested in trading for the gold glover to fill their OF void. Also, the Boston Herald reported that the Boston Red Sox might also be interested in trading for Jones, perhaps offering up one of their talented young pitchers in exchange. Jones is in the last year of his contract and had been mentioned in numerous trade rumors over the past few years. Considering the way this off season came to an end for free agents, the Braves may decide to trade Jones now for a premium price, rather than wait and risk losing him to free agency. Over the past two years, Jones has hit 92 home runs and driven in 157 runs and with the notorious Scott Boras as his agent, one can only imagine the price Jones would command on the open market.

NEXT SERIES:

NextSeries-15.jpg

Grand dynasty. I hope that you gain it :D

Thank you. Glad you like it!

The best dynasty!

Keep it up!

Wow, thanks for the great compliment. I do appreciate it.

awesome.

Simple and to the point - Just the way I like it! Thanks for the compliment! :D

3 Game Series: Game 1 of 3

Florida Marlins (40-17) v. Cleveland Indians (31-25)

"WESTBROOK, TRIBE EMBARRASS FISH WITH ONE HITTER IN INTER-LEAGUE OPENER"

Box Score

Box58.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch58.jpg

Game Highlights

WillinghamCatch.jpg

Josh Willingham opens the game by robbing Shannon Stewart of a homerun in the first inning.

BlakeOut.jpg

Casey Blake is thrown out at second as he attempted to challenge the arm of Jeremy Hermida from the right field corner.

HaffnerHR.jpg

Travis Haffner capped off Cleveland's 4-run third inning with his 13th homerun of the season.

PeraltaCatchandThrow.jpg

Jhonny Peralta kept Westbrook's no-hitter in tact with this amazing catch to throw out the speedy Hanley Ramirez in the fourth inning.

Player of the Game:

WestbrookPic.jpg

J. Westbrook (7-3) -- 9.0 IP, 1 H, 6 K (2.65 ERA)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Houston Astros - Team officials announced that x-rays were positive for Woody Williams, who suffered a fractured ankle when he landed awkwardly after delivering a pitch in the sixth inning. Williams is expected to miss approximately seven weeks.

Trading Block:

SP - Zach Miner (DET)

SP - Kyle Snider (BOS)

Trade Rumors:

WOULD THE RANGERS ACTUALLY PULL THE TRIGGER ON A TRADE?

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Rangers seem to be doing a little preliminary shopping of its star first baseman: Mark Teixeira (1 year, 8.8 million). Is this a sign that the Rangers are unwilling to work with super-agent Scott Boras? With Teixeira, the assumption by many is that the Rangers will never be able to keep him. However, rumor has it that the Rangers' management doesn't think Teixeira has any real intentions on leaving. Currently, the Rangers (32-25) are in first place by three games in the AL West so this may be a bluff. On the other hand, if things take a turn at the worst and the Rangers truly believe they cannot resign hi, you can almost guarantee the Rangers will pull of the trade before the deadline.

3 Game Series: Game 2 of 3

Florida Marlins (40-18) v. Cleveland Indians (32-25)

"MARLINS BOUNCE BACK BEHIND STRONG EFFORT FROM OLSEN, DROP INDIANS 5-1"

Box Score

Box59.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch59.jpg

Game Highlights

WillandBlakeHR.jpg

Anything you can do, I can do better! LEFT - Josh Willingham goes deep for the 18th time this season in the top of the second. RIGHT - Casey Blake answers with a homerun of his own in the bottom of the second.

UgglaScorein4.jpg

Dan Uggla scores with ease in the fourth inning.

SowersCatch.jpg

Jeremy Sowers shows off his good reflexes as he snags a hard-hit bouncer back up the middle.

JacobsRBISingle.jpg

Mike Jacobs adds an insurance run in the eighth with an RBI single.

Player of the Game:

WillinghamPic.jpg

J. Willingham -- 2-for-4, 2B(15), HR(18), RBI(41) (.364)

3 Game Series: Game 3 of 3

Florida Marlins (41-18) v. Cleveland Indians (32-26)

Linescore60.jpg

Sorry guys, I played this game early this morning after an intoxicated celebration of St. Patty's Day... I forgot to take the pics and boxscore. Hope this won't ruin the

experience for you, but I'm sobered up a bit now! :razz: Hey, at least I won; it's just that I don't know how I did it!

NEXT SERIES:

NextSeries-16.jpg

Sorry guys, I played this game early this morning after an intoxicated celebration of St. Patty's Day... I forgot to take the pics and boxscore. Hope this won't ruin the

experience for you, but I'm sobered up a bit now! Razz Hey, at least I won; it's just that I don't know how I did it!

ROFL.. Can't be mad at ya for celebrating man. I have been there myself many times.

3 Game Series: Game 1 of 3

Florida Marlins (42-18) v. Detroit Tigers (27-32)

"ZUMAYA NEARLY UNTOUCHABLE IN RELIEF AS TIGERS DOWN FISH 2-1"

Box Score

Box61.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch61.jpg

Game Highlights

AmezagaBunt.jpg

Alfredo Amezaga drops down a bunt for his only hit in the game.

PolancoHR.jpg

Placido Polanco put the Tigers up 1-0 in the fourth with a solo shot.

BorchardBrokenBat.jpg

Joe Borchard's only hit on the day came on this broken bat single.

UgglaK.jpg

Dan Uggla shows off his frustration after he gets blown away by a Joel Zumaya fastball.

Player of the Game:

ZumayaPic.jpg

J. Zumaya (1-0) -- 4.0 IP, 3 H, 7 K (3.68 ERA)

3 Game Series: Game 2 of 3

Florida Marlins (42-19) v. Detroit Tigers (28-32)

"42 YEAR OLD ROGERS DOMINATES MARLINS WITH 10 STRIKEOUTS"

Box Score

Box62.jpg

Pitching Stats

Pitch62.jpg

Game Highlights

EasyOuts.jpg

LEFT - Uggla and Ramirez pack a powerful punch as a middle-infield combination. RIGHT - Miguel Cabrera goes the short route to second for the third out.

PudgeHR.jpg

LEFT - Willis gives up a monster homerun to Pudge in the sixth inning. RIGHT - Treanor and Gonzalez meet with Willis to see if he has anything left in the tank.

MonroeTriple.jpg

LEFT - Craig Monroe starts the seventh inning off with a triple. RIGHT - Dontrelle Willis pitches out of a jam in the seventh inning.

Player of the Game:

KennyRogersPic.jpg

K. Rogers (4-7) -- 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 10 K (4.33 ERA)

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

Injuries:

Casey Kotchman (ANA) - Will miss approximately 2 weeks with a pulled groin.

Trading Block:

Tony Armas Jr. (ATL)

Matt Stairs (TOR)

Dustin McGowan (TOR)

League Leader: Hits

Derek Jeter (NYY) - Derek Jeter is the first player to reach 100 hits on the season and is on pace to finish with 256 total hits.

3 Game Series: Game 3 of 3

Florida Marlins (42-20) v. Detroit Tigers (29-32)

"FISH AVOID SWEEP AS OFFENSE DOMINATES BONDERMAN FOR 7 RUNS"

Score63.jpg

FLORIDA MARLINS

FLA63.jpg

DETROIT TIGERS

DET63.jpg

Game Highlights

JohnsonFielding.jpg

LEFT - Johnson shows signs of a Gold Glove as he catches a line drive between his legs. RIGHT - Johnson starts a 1-4-3 double play by leading Uggla perfectly to second base.

DETFielding.jpg

LEFT - Polanco shows off his range as he throws out Hanley Ramirez from his knees. RIGHT - Curtis Granderson comes up a bit short on this diving attempt in the fourth.

CabreraHR-5.jpg

LEFT - Jeremy Bonderman watches Miguel Cabrera's first homerun of the game. RIGHT - Miguel Cabrera crosses home plate for his second homerun of the game and his 19th of the season.

Player of the Game:

CabreraPic.jpg

M. Cabrera -- 3-for-5, 2 HR(19), 2 RBI(39) (.291)

Around the League:

Injuries:

Ryan Doumit (PIT) - Has been hospitalized with a stomach virus and is listed as day-to-day.

Next Series:

NextSeries-17.jpg

Archived