Total Classics team needs '75 / '78 Red Sox Away Uniform

Jim825

That's actually perfect. I can't believe I didn't think about checking the shop. Found the Braves' script I was looking for, too. Thanks a ton for pointing me there!

No problem. I honestly didn't think it would work. Is that the only script you needed for my list?

tebjr: Yeah, I think that's about it, other than a black Orioles script with whtie outline, but I should be able to do a "replace color" job on the orange one. However, if you could somehow find an A's white elephant on the baseball, that would be awesome. The green one is all over the place (and the only one I could find on google).

Mav: It really does, now that you mention it. If I can't recolor what teb linked me to, I might just recolor that.

This was a lot of fun to make, as it was a bit more of a challenge:

wip01lf2.png

wip02ui9.png

wip03mh8.png

Unfortunately, I can't make the feather on the sleeve look any better without making it quite a bit smaller than it should be. Also, to my understanding, the feather only appears on the left sleeve.

tebjr: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten yours. I already have the Pirates and Dodgers done.

I aim to please ;)

Got the Brewers done, too. Working on the A's right now, then the Orioles for both you and Jim.

And about this:

This web site has a great reference cd with all teams uniforms and fonts.

http://www.mlbstyleguides.com/index.html

This would be an invaluable resource for any uniform modder here. It can be purchased through paypal, and if anybody's willing to chip in a little bit, I'll purchase it and make it available any of our modders, without uploading it here, of course (due to the obvious legal reasons).

Your spitting them out like clock work.

I've thought about picking this up myself. I'm not the best uni modder, but I'm a fan of past/historic uniforms, and I think this is a must have.

It really is. Both of them are, actually. I would absolutely love to have the fonts cd. Altogether, it'd run about $220 or so ($30 for the uniform history, $175 for the fonts, which covers roughly 80% of the fonts over the last 37 years), and that includes shipping. If you do get it, or want to go in half, let me know.

The $30 CD just has the illustrated history, correct? $175 is steep for one CD.

That is correct, plus $5.50 for shipping. And yeah, that $175 is rather intimidating when you look at the number, but keep this in mind: any font you have to pay for is not cheap. Also, the sheer number of fonts is worth the price of admission, in my mind. I'll probably wind up getting just the font cd.

Royal Blues what graphics card do you have?

GeForce FX 5700LE 256 MB AGP. Why do you ask?

Archived