New York Nation: A 2007 Yankees Dynasty

TwentySeven

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm. Wow. That's pretty weird. I think it's your graphics, though - most of the screen shots I have seen in-game seem more in line with my pics then yours right there.

Try changing the player detail level and your in game resolution. I think when you install MVP is automatically sets it at the lowest. You can change it in The Display and Visual Options.

y does your game look wierd? The players look liek there Anorexic

Because he's using a lower detail setting.

On a similar note, why does your post look terrible? You look as if you weren't educated properly. (Same basic post content, different issue. Comprendez?)

TwentySeven look back on that PM I sent you and you can change the player graphics, btw it doesn't slow down your computer because I've been using it for over six months.

Lol, I read that one time, and thought you meant it as a cause-effect thing - because I use it for six+ months, it won't slow your computer down.

Obviously, you mean that you've been using it for six months and it hasn't slowed your computer down, but I have a really bad computer and prefer to just use the game without your program. I know that I could theoretically improve the gameplay in various ways including your method, but I don't feel that it is worth that much. Besides, the image quality isn't THAT effected, is it?

Game 2 of Series: Orioles at Yankees

A-Rod Makes History as Bombers Outslug O's

[align=center]gamexw8.png

New York, NY: The game started off well for the Yankees as they scored four runs in the first three frames off of Orioles starter Jaret Wright (who, coincidentally, was originally on the Yankees, but was moved to the Orioles in a swap for reliever Chris Britton, who is currently serving at the Yankees Triple-A Scranton). Alex Rodriguez got things started in the first with a blast to straightaway center, bringing back into a tie (broken earlier in the day) for the home-run lead on the season. A-Rod would go four-for-four with a homer, two doubles, and a walk, certainly a day for the record books.

The Yankees would tack on three more runs before the Orioles tagged Yankees starter Carl Pavano in the fourth for five runs.

Pavano has not pitched in the major leagues in over a season due to various injuries, but the Yankees are pleased to have the starter back. Often criticized for his constant injuries, Pavano put in extra work to make it back to the major leagues over the winter, and it showed as Pavano was more fit then he had been seen as in years. Unfortunately, he had a bad start to the season.

The Orioles would score one more run in the fifth off of Carl Pavano before his day was ended. The Yankees bullpen, sans Scott Proctor, would hold the Orioles to their six-run total for the remainder of the game. Luis Vizcaino would especially be a key to the Yankees win, pitching 1 2/3 high-leverage innings and earning the win.

In the eighth inning, the Yankees again pulled a defensive swap that seems like it may become manager Joe Torre's favorite - the Yankees pulled Hideki Matsui out of the game, moved Johnny Damon to left field, and put Melky Cabrera in center field for defensive purposes.

The Yankees would score the final three runs, including the go-ahead run, in the fifth inning with two errors by the Orioles defense. This would be the final nail in the Oriole coffin, as the game was kept close by the two bullpens all the way through the game. Mariano Rivera would close the game out with his typical consistency, leading the Yankees to another win.

Player of the Game

5275.jpg

Alex Rodriguez: 4-for-4, 1 BB, 3 RBI, 3 R, 2 2B, 1 HR

--

Click For Full Boxscore

--

Next Up: Baltimore at New York

Expected Starters:

Erik Bedard (1-0, 1.13 ERA) @ Chien-Ming Wang (1-0, 0.00 ERA)

[/align]

--

Around the League: April 7, 2007

Divisional Game Results

Boston Red Sox @ Texas Rangers

Boston 2, Texas 10

Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Toronto 3, Tampa Bay 2

Minor League Game Results

Tampa Yankees @ Lakeland Tigers

Tampa 1, Lakeland 2

Erie Sea Wolves @ Trenton Thunder

Erie 3, Trenton 5

Scranton-Wilkes Barres Yankees @ Ottawa Lynx

Scranton-Wilkes 2, Ottawa 5

Injury/Signing/Trade News

RHP Rich Harden (OAK) is suspended 6 games, 1 start for intentionally hitting a batter after a warning was issued.

RHP Rich Hill (CHC) was injured for a little less then a week with a strained lower left back. He is listed as day-to-day

LF Jason Bay (PIT) was suspended 6 games for charging the mound.

Tampa Bay signed RF Carl Everett for 2Y @ 2.3M; He is expected to serve as a bat off of the bench and could even become their DH.

Team Notes and Quotes

Derek Jeter's 15 game hit streak, started in 2006, ended when Jeter flied out in the eighth. In a postgame interview, Jeter said, "This is obviously disappointing to me, but my real goal here is to win another championship, and a win helps us reach that goal."

Archived