MVPMods Yahoo Fantasy League

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A stat has a catagory (i.e. HR, RBI, SB...catagories decided by the person who makes the league).

Let's say for example's sakes theres 10 teams.

The team with the most HR's get 10 points, team with second most gets 9 points, team with least amount of HR get 1 point, and so on. That goes for every catagory. Than the points are added up, and the team with the most points win.

For instance, lets say the catagories are HR, R, BAA, and RBI (There will be more but just doing those 4). One of those teams leads in HR (10 points), is second in RBI's (9 points), 5th in BAA (6 points), and 7th in Runs (4 points). That team would then have 29 points.

Also, one last question, is it going to be a live draft, offline, or auto?

A stat has a catagory (i.e. HR, RBI, SB...catagories decided by the person who makes the league).

Let's say for example's sakes theres 10 teams.

The team with the most HR's get 10 points, team with second most gets 9 points, team with least amount of HR get 1 point, and so on. That goes for every catagory. Than the points are added up, and the team with the most points win.

For instance, lets say the catagories are HR, R, BAA, and RBI (There will be more but just doing those 4). One of those teams leads in HR (10 points), is second in RBI's (9 points), 5th in BAA (6 points), and 7th in Runs (4 points). That team would then have 29 points.

Also, one last question, is it going to be a live draft, offline, or auto?

Yea Roto is a lot of fun as long as everyone stays active. I think its a lot better than head to head.

I'm awfully confused at the conversations that took place in this thread. If this thread is an invite into a Fantasy league for MVPmods members... I'm interested.

You can look up my profile (angryrat) on Yahoo! already, I've been playing since 01 or 02, I think with out any dead teams.

If there's too many people, I'm sure we can have two leagues or just expand the # of teams. Then it'll make everything more diffucult

For example: A teams 5th outfielder might not be valuable in a 12th team league.. but in maybe a 16 team league.. might be worth a shot.

I vote for 12 teams. We have to guess a lot of the people won't stay active. Could you do a check of Yahoo fantasy profiles to see who has a history of staying active, and allow those people in to a league?

I'm a total noob (this would be my first fantasy league) but if there's room (physically and for a noob), I'd definitely like to get involved. And I promise to remain as active as possible!

Also, just checking, no $$, right?

I'd like to join. Last year was my first time playing fantasy baseball, but everything went really well. I check my team every day, even though last year I had some internet troubles at home, but was still able to adjust my team at work.

The only problem for me is the live draft, because of the time difference, but everything between 4-8 PM US time is good for me

Ya this is all for fun. Once we get the league(s) set up, we'll consult everyone about the draft time so no one is left with an excuse of " Oh.. I couldn't make it because ___________ ."

I was not in last years years league but I'm really pumped to play with 11 other players that will stay active and lurking to get that next closer or stud hitter.

Well see, the problem with head-to-head is that if you have bad weeks where both your pitching and hitter are struggling, you'll be in a deep hole. For Roto, its more about playing throughout the season and the numbers you compose are all yours rather than having it reset every week.

Well see, the problem with head-to-head is that if you have bad weeks where both your pitching and hitter are struggling, you'll be in a deep hole. For Roto, its more about playing throughout the season and the numbers you compose are all yours rather than having it reset every week.

i know roto is more accurate, but head to head is a whole lot more competitive.

Archived