MVPMods Yahoo Fantasy League

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not experienced, but barring very unfortunate accidents, I'm guaranteed to stay active. I check mlb.com and mvpmods 5-10 times a day. I think that roto sounds easier than h2h, thus it would be better for beginners like me. I'm up for h2h if majority decides on it.

Hey I am very interested and Fantasy Baseball starts today.... I am active, and I was in this years fantasy football and did very good.... Guest, I really love to be in the MVPmods league, so let me know if possible...

THANKS

could someone post a list of people who are in or out and of course the specifics (type of league, categories and draft time).

As far as categories are concerned, I'm a big fan of adding things such as OBP and IP (not sure if that's in there by default). This adds value to players who normally would just rot in the free agency pool. We used this format last year in a h2h yahoo league and was pretty fun to find useful players who might not put up the flashy numbers, but could give you some value and perhaps just put you over the edge once in a while.

anyway, not sure if I'm even allowed in this league yet, but just my 2 cents ;)

I like the idea about OBP, and IP would be a way to make players, who might otherwise be considered junk, valuable. I like the OBP thing, but the IP is completely unpredictable, and nobody wants to draft Livan Hernandez in the first few rounds for his IP and have him go down with an injury...

I like the idea about OBP, and IP would be a way to make players, who might otherwise be considered junk, valuable. I like the OBP thing, but the IP is completely unpredictable, and nobody wants to draft Livan Hernandez in the first few rounds for his IP and have him go down with an injury...

Of course it is, but that makes it fun. Noone will draft Livan Hernandez in the earlier rounds, but if you see him or any other innings eater available you can atleast draft them (or sign them through free agency) and still get some value for them.

Let's say for instance that you're up against a guy who's pitchers just pitch 10 innings in a given week, but do very well over that period. You will lose in the ERA and Whip categories, because it's more likely that those stats are low if his players pitch very few innings. You're being penalized for having pitchers log alot of innings which will normally have a less extreme effect on stats such as ERA and whip. The flipside is also true, that those stats might blow up in a certain week if you don't log enough innings, which is why it makes it so interesting to have 1 or 2 workhorses in there who will give you 6 or 7 innings every time they step on the mound. Just like in real life.

well, that's just my opinion. I'm a bit of stat freak, so I'd want it to be as complete as possible, but I can understand if other people don't. Let's see who's in the league first (including me) and then we can talk business so to speak.

i love obp as a stat as for IP i dont really get where your coming from as if someone only pitches 10 innings then fair enough they might beat you in whip and era but you should easily beat them in K's W's and you should Also beat them in saves.

I'd like to sign up if there's still room.

I sat out of fantasy sports for 2006 by I'm still in the loop. I've been playing and winning private leagues since 2000-2001ish.

I prefer h2h and of course a live draft. h2h is a lot more competitive until the end, you need more consistency throughout the entire season (if you have a few bad weeks it's NOT a big deal... you lose some, it's inevitable), and you're managers really need to stay on top of their teams, and with roto it's usually only 5 or so guys competing toward the end of the season unless you're playing for money and the payout goes to more than the top 3.

btw my user profile is sumo2828.

I'm looking at my main private league the past 3 years, which is h2h, and 2005 the 1st,2nd, and 3rd seed placed in that order in the playoffs, and in 2004 it was 1st,2nd,4th in that order. 2003 it was 1st,3rd, and 4th seeds in the top 3 in that order. In my experience h2h is very reliable.

its full kg.. i think. If not, count me in. I'll still be fixing up this sites league but gimme a little time. Im thinking bout a draft near march.. maybe middle or early march.

Archived