This Year Billy's on Our Side

xcrunner4623

PHILLIES TURN THE POWER ON IN 5-0 WIN

PHILADELPHIA - PECO Energy must be putting in overtime these days, as the Phillies have found their power. Ryan Howard, Shane Victorino, and Jimmy Rollins all connected on home runs.

Brett Myers was fantastic in seven innings of work, scattering six hits, and striking out two.

Victorino is the bright star for the Phillies so far this season, as he continues to impress, going 3 for 4 on the day with 2 runs.

"I'm just trying to play my hardest," Victorino said. "The fans love passionate play, I'm just hoping to show them the Hawaiin way."

mvp20052007021815342782yr0.jpg

Victorino hits his home run as the dugout looks on

mvp20052007021815363778tx2.jpg

Howard sends his fifth home run of the year into orbit

Box Score

PHILLIES IMPROVE TO 12-3 WITH WIN OVER NATS

WASHINGTON - The Howard Train just keeps on rolling for the Phillies. Slugger Ryan Howard hit his seventh home run for the Phillies, a 2 run shot in the 3rd to pace the Phillies to a 5-1 win.

"I'm just seeing the ball really well right now," Howard said. "It's like fishing with dynamite."

Jimmy Rollins collected the two other RBIs for the Phils, as Jon Lieber won his second game in a row. John Patterson fell to 1-3 on the year for the Nats.

mvp20052007021923373935wa3.jpg

Ryan Howard admires his third inning home run

mvp20052007021923493079qh0.jpg

King of Beers, more like King of Robbing Extra Bases

Box Score

• 2 weeks later...

This dynasty is still going, I just have come down with a serious case of the flu. I am trying to get better before continuing. I will post stats and analysis coming up. Sorry for those who are following. Expect it back up in a couple hours.

Archived