Choppy post-patch gameplay

ishotlove

I just installed MVP again for the upcoming season, downloaded and installed patch #5 (which fixed SOME of the choppiness). But there are still certain ballparks that give me problems (Fenway and Wrigley to name a few). I mostly see it when throwing across the diamond and from the outfield. But it does happen ocassionally while pitching and batting and that's very annoying because it throws the timing off. I've tweaked with my video card's settings every way possible, didn't help. I was wondering if anybody else is still having problems or have had the problem and figured out a fix for it? Here are my computer specs...

AMD Athlon XP @ 2.0 GHZ

1 GB RAM

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/ 128 MB

SB Audigy 2 Platinum

I also maintain my computer very well and do not have anything running that I don't need.

Usually people PM me asking for help with this problem, but I'll help you out anyways. Here's what you do:

go into the program files for MVP 2K5

go to the data folder, and move the stadiums folder, the models big, and the profile big to a safe place, preferabily the desktop.

Then delete the entire MVP folder from the hard drive, including the recycle bin. Then re-download the game.

place these saved files back into the game files, and your set to go!

I believe I did this correctly, i'm assuming by "re-download" the game u mean reinstall it? This is what I did...

- I completely uninstalled the game.

- Reinstalled it.

- Installed patch #5.

- Backed up the stadiums folder, models.big, and profiles.big.

- Deleted the MVP folder, emptied the recycling bin.

- Reinstalled the game.

- Copied my backups back into the MVP folder.

Ran the game, still did nothing. In fact, I see it a little worse because the menus and stuff aren't as fluid as they are after installing the patch. So for me, unless I didn't do this correctly, it didn't help.

what about the choppy gameplay bug then? i believe they fixed that in patch 2 was it? do i just not install any patches? or just patch 2? because if i install it and run without patching, i get the choppy gameplay that they made the patch for.

Ok, i completely uninstalled the game. Did a registry clean/fix with Advanced System Optimizer. Installed the game and the installed patch 2. Went to Fenway (one of the stadiums that was giving me trouble) and it seem to work very well. Hopefully it'll still be nice after installed MVP 07, if not, i'll just get updated rosters and 1x uniforms.

...and the game crashed on me haha. Not as quickly as it did while testing it with the other patches, but a few innings into the game it crashed. And something that i noticed, i always hear this click sound from my computer when it happens. It's like a click and a couple seconds after that, the game locks up. I've only experienced this in MVP that i can recall. I've been playing Company Of Heroes a lot lately and haven't had any locking up with that.

I don't know what it could be though, for whatever reason, MVP just doesn't like my computer. I can play Madden 07 perfectly fine on it, no choppy gameplay or freezing issues. I've been playing Company Of Heroes a lot, although it's not perfectly smooth because of the hardware it demands, it's still playable and have never had a freezing problem.

Archived