MVP 07 Problems

krawhitham

installer based problem  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

if you have an odd problem that would not be fixed with this

These are the changes made so far for the patch, it's looking to be about 20mb in size.

1.1 Changes

Fixed version of "07maker" with correct schedule added to MVP 07 directory

Plusmaker utility adjusted for changes to models .big file - added to new 'extras' folder

Angel Stadium of Anaheim 2x uniform crash fixed

Fenway Park "Light" added

2007 Dodgers Road Uniforms added

Cubs Road Alternates Added

Names added to Cubs Home Alt Uniform

Trues' Overlay tweaks

Correct cyberfaces added for

Alex Gordon, Adam Loewen, Jonathon Broxton, Russell Martin, Luis Vizcaino, Mark Lowe, Anthony Reyes, Adam Wainwright, Tom Gorzelanny, Ian Snell, Josh Johnson, Ryan Shealy, Danny Ardoin

Cyberfaces fixed for

Chris Snyder, Rob Bowen, Ramon Ramirez, Grady Little, Geoff Geary, Abraham Nunez, Cesar Carillo, Donnie Murphy, Terry Adams, Darrell May, John Van Benschoten, Brian Schackelford, Russell Branyan, Glendon Rusch, Kevin West, Rafael Soriano, Daniel Haigwood

Better cyberfaces added for

Carlos Quentin, Toby Hall, Gabe Gross, Terry Francona

New Cyberfaces added for

Cameron Maybin, John Danks, Alberto Callapso, Jeff Baker, Eddy Martinez-Esteve, Brad Snyder, Billy Butler, Mike Adams, Robinzon Diaz, Evan Longoria, Cliff Pennington, Michael Aubrey, Sean White, Joey Votto, Chris Volstad, Tim Lincecum, Ryan Houston, Andrew McCutchen, Homer Bailey, Ricky Romero, Adam Lind, Hunter Pence, Sammy Sosa, Josh Banks, Lou Piniella, Ron Washington, Tyler Clippard, Jay Bruce, Craig Hansen, Jon Adkins, Nate Schierholtz, Jason Davis, James Loney, Miguel Asencio, Kei Igawa, Humberto Sanchez, Wilfredo Ledezma, Yovani Gallardo, Fausto Carmona

Correct facial hair added for kg roster option (will stop so many players from having full beards)

corrected team.dat for Ultimate Rosters

Team W-L Stats corrected for kg roster

Fixed manager cyberface & portrait ids for kg roster

Updated face changes in attrib.dat & manager.dat files for UR & kg rosters

.loc name file corrections (now have different files for kg and UR roster optons)

In-Game Credits added

Readme & Credits updated

Once I find a satisfactory positioning fix for the [pitching camera], it should be ready.

vote yes

i like the installer. it lets me do something else, come back it ten minutes, then BAM! its done. as for it causing problems, i have no idea. but if an installer wasnt used, do you know how many people would complain about not making every dummy proof? i probably would

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this, but I do have a quick question. I'm about 10 games into an owner mode in 07. If I download this patch, it looks like the new cyberfaces and such are added to the models.big file. Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, this will change the faces in the owner mode as well? For instance, I'm using the Tribe, and I noticed the Shealy face being wrong when I played the Royals. So, if I install this patch, will his face be correct in the owner mode?

Also, has anyone else had the game crash to desktop during night games at Kaufman Stadium? I had it happen twice in a row, and then when I tried the third time, I just switched to Kaufman Stadium day on the stadium select screen, and it worked fine. To clarify, it would go through all the pre-game stuff, but would crash when it was getting ready to go to the first batter (which I don't think is the issue since it worked when I switched the stadium to Kaufman day).

Feel free to move this question if it doesn't belong here. Thanks!

you are good to go with the patch I believe, the faces were right in the roster but not the mod

Quick question, may have been covered somewhere else, but I am not sure. When this patch is installed, will it mess up my "cyberface". I overwrote Russ Adams, and put in my own for my created player. Will I have to reinstall that after the patch?

Thanks Kraw.

By the patch description it appears all the issues I have with 07 will have been resolved.

My one question is that after the patch will I need to restart my dynasty in order for the corrected cyberfaces to be applied?

That was pretty much what I was asking (though you worded it much more concisely), and if I'm understanding kraw's answer correctly, you wouldn't need to restart the dynasty for the faces to be correct.

I am wondering the same thing as DJeagles though. I have myself and two of my friends in the game, with custom cyberfaces. The way I did it was that I found a player on the free agents list who I thought either wouldn't catch on with anyone this year, or if they did, wouldn't make an impact, and deleted that player in MVPedit, and then assigned that cyberface number to my player. (for instance, I deleted Tony Batista for one of my players).

So, I'm thinking there might be some crash issues in my dynasty when one of my custom players comes up to bat, since the patch would essentially change my current models.big file in which these players are. Am I right? If I install this patch, wouldn't the game be looking for a player who essentially isn't there in the models.big file? Or, would it instead run fine, but my player (who has number c773 I believe) would then have whoever's face id that is in this patch as opposed to the custom face?

Hey Kraw. Amazing mod by the way. I didn't know if this should go here or what not. After installing the 07 mod, while running the game, the program itself gets progressively choppy. It's not the "Graphically Intensive" stuttering. I mean the whole program. The main menu is slow; everything is. The first half inning is usually fine. By the 4th inning it's virtually unplayable. My system is juiced so its not that. It feels like a memory leak or something. I tried it with the patches and without the patches. I tried installing just 07 and then i tried it with 2005 and 07. I tried looking on the search to see if anyone else had this problem but they're all talking about stuttering as a result of the increased textures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Request you adjust KG and UR Rosters so that they will work properly with MVPSavReader and will create dynasty and owner saves that can be read using MVPSavReader. You may have done this already but it wasn't mentioned in the quote. Thanks once again for your dilligent work on this mod, Kraw and company.

Thanks!

R/

TC2

during the install i kept on getting an error message about the fifas (i think thats how it was spelt).

it also wont even load when i click on the mvp icon to play the game

Request you adjust KG and UR Rosters so that they will work properly with MVPSavReader and will create dynasty and owner saves that can be read using MVPSavReader. You may have done this already but it wasn't mentioned in the quote. Thanks once again for your dilligent work on this mod, Kraw and company.

Thanks!

R/

TC2

They both should work. :)

during the install i kept on getting an error message about the fifas (i think thats how it was spelt).

it also wont even load when i click on the mvp icon to play the game

im having the same problem.

Thanks to all the great modders for MVP07. It is truly an awesome piece of work !!!

I saw that the Pirates "Red" alternate uniforms were available to download here at MVPMods. However, the red alternates replaced the pinstripe alternates. The problem with this is that the Pirates are using both the red and the pinstripe alternates this year. Would it be possible to add the Pirates "Red" alternates as an additional uniform selection? They are pretty ugly but they still add realism to the game and us Pirates fans haven't received much baseball joy the last fifteen years.

First off kraw, I love the installer (i did download it after all) but seeing as to this is a place to voice problems regarding the game, I shall save my kind words for another thread.

First off, Kevin Millar's face is red and green. I believe this was answered in another thread (though i am unaware which one), but that is one of the problems I am encountering. Secondly, when Josh Johnson turns around, he is bald (his cap doesnt show up). Lastly, the game is virtually unbeatable (despite my tinkering with the sliders and using the same settings that I had in MVP 06 - i'll post those when i get home bc i'm in class right now)

My system is pretty juiced so I don't know whats going on...could you provide answers on these questions kraw?

Thanks again for the mod kraw - its REALLY brilliant and I enjoy playing the game. I just need some assistance with how to solve the problems i am getting.

Archived