How to install player headshot photos?

bigj7489

Hi all,

I've only been able to figure out minor changes to the game and how to install them. I'm using the PC version of 05. I've been able to use the program to install new jersey sets, and that's about it.

What I'd love to be able to do is drop in photos/headshots of players on my team...minor leaguers etc, updated photos when players get traded etc. Basically replace the standard headshot or drawing or whatever with a new photo.

Is there a tool to do this? If so, can someone give me simple step by step of how to do it, where to find the player's ID number in the game so I change the right guy, etc?

Many thanks. And I mean it, I'm a dummy, so the more detailed the help, the better.

Hi all,

I've only been able to figure out minor changes to the game and how to install them. I'm using the PC version of 05. I've been able to use the program to install new jersey sets, and that's about it.

What I'd love to be able to do is drop in photos/headshots of players on my team...minor leaguers etc, updated photos when players get traded etc. Basically replace the standard headshot or drawing or whatever with a new photo.

Is there a tool to do this? If so, can someone give me simple step by step of how to do it, where to find the player's ID number in the game so I change the right guy, etc?

Many thanks. And I mean it, I'm a dummy, so the more detailed the help, the better.

Try downloading Hory's Total portraits, there is an installer included

Is there a way to preview/figure out which guy's portrait you're replacing?

I've renamed all the guys in the minors in my game (oakland a's) to reflect real players...so if it just identifies them as #365 I likely won't have a clue.

To clarify, I'd like to use my own custom photos and upload them to a player's location/slot in the game.

I've got created players, retired players, etc. I'm on my 4th season in owner mode, guys aren't where they're supposed to be and aren't named how they would be according to Hory's Total Portraits and the files there.

If I've got, say, myself in the game, how do I upload, one by one, pictures to the slot for a given player in the game? What's the process, from jpeg image file to in the game...or is there even a process for it?

Well, you can d/load EA Graph.

Open it up, and then through it, open portraits.big.

From there, find the pictures you want to edit, and go file-extract, and it'll ask if you want to decompress.

Click no.

Then once tis is done, you'll need nfshtool, which is available here from MVPMods.

Double click the fsh file to make a folder with the picture that you want to edit.

Once you are done editing, double click on the file named "index" located in each edited pictures folder.

Then open up EA Graph again, and go tools-import wizard, Add, and find the FSH files.

Then click OK, and it should install them so that the games all ready.

Hope this helps.

Back with a question or two.

Is there a certain size/resolution the image I'm using needs to be? I pasted it onto the old one and stretched it to fit and the game crashed.

Fixed that, but didn't get my new image to work.

Also...is there any way to see, specifically, in my saved game, who I have numbered as, say #1836 or whatever?

I could guess and check all day, but if I'm trying to find where I dropped Richie Robnett in the days before the roster lists of who everyone supposedly is on the game came out I could be checking all year.

Are they in alpha order or some pattern?

how about just downloading some new rosters, then get total portraits, then installing them both. the installer will do all the work for you. and the players names will not be the id #'s, it will be their real names.

how about just downloading some new rosters, then get total portraits, then installing them both. the installer will do all the work for you. and the players names will not be the id #'s, it will be their real names.

Yeah, I've played multiple full seasons in owner mode, I don't wanna lose all that, or I'd do it.

Here's the thing though. When I got the game and when I switched everyone around, I didn't have the lists that are posted here nowadays as to who everyone is in the game.

I just created everyone...made white first baseman with bad defense "Dave Johnson" into black centerfielder with good defense Richie Robnett. I didn't know, I didn't care. So, is it gonna search by name for where to put the photos? Or is it gonna all of a sudden give me Daric Barton with a picture of John Jaha.

You get what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived