Stadium Crashing for 07

Pirate

There is a reason some stadiums crash and other don't. The problem is the combination of all of the mods.

As BigO put it:

I think these crashes happen for these following reasons:

1. Graphic engine problem with the exe file The .exe can't handle all of the graphical tasks it's being asked to do so when faced with having to display 2x cyberfaces, unis and stadiums it hiccups and dies sometimes

2. Cyberface issues. Some cyberfaces may be in the incorrect format or too large.

3. Video cards overheating. Let's face it with all the stuff these cards are forced to do, they might overheat and with all the dust inside the cases it's important to keep the hardware cool so clean out those dust bunnies. I've actually had someone say Fenway stopped crashing for them after they did this.

4. Roster issues. If a roster is filled out incorrectly - not have enough players in the default lineup etc

5. Computer is too fast. It's funny how people with high end computers are having the game crash on them. I wonder if the processor tries to do too much at once and hiccups. I have had far less problems with my 6 yr old Athlon T-Bird 1.4 GHz with a Radeon 9600XT than people running a much better setup so one has to wonder...

It could be one or a combination of these issues.

I am not updating my stadiums for this mod. I think I would have rather not had them included because they are huge files and don't always work well with other mods. I make them for myself. I release them to be generous. I could care less if anyone downloads them, but my stadiums are not why your game crashes. It's the combination of all the mods. I suggest remove 2x unis or my modded stadiums.

Lastly do not take my graphics and put them into a new stadium and say it is a fix. Make the damn graphics yourself.

I downloaded and installed into the 07 mod, Pirates new Angel Stadium. It worked great with no hiccups. Thanks Pirate.

However, as I played I noticed it just didnt seem as detailed and was missing all the banners/ads in the main seating areas between the foul poles and behind Home Plate. Also the rock waterfall wasnt moving. But, I love the skye in the night version.

So, I decided to re-install and play HaloFans Angel mod. But, first I hit Control-Alt-Delete and closed as many big running items that I could find and all the little ones too that I didnt need.....and guess what, HaloFans Angel mod ran great with no problems at all.

Most of the time before, the Day version would run fine, but the Night version would crash every time. Not anymore. So just get rid of most of the running programs first then start MVP07. I only have 512 Megs RAM also, but I have a large Swap file, 4096. That seems to smooth the game out considerably, especially on zooms and pans during action.

By the way, HaloFans mod is really a work of art. It would be great if he was around to update it this year. But, he hasnt been around for over a year now.

Pirate, are you going to do any further updates to Angel Stadium eventually? I know you wanted to get a working version out there ASAP, so you probably didnt do a complete overhaul.

Halo won't do it... his is a protest version. It does not feature the correct ads and has several things that protest the name change.

I kept mine simple so that you guys wouldn't crash and so that i had a correct stadium for when I play. I have no plans to update this stadium further.

Also it must be mentioned that every user is different because every computer is different. So that solution may work for you sidewinder, but it may not work for me or the others. I am glad you got it to work.

That's great. That would take hours of time to recreate and i would prefer not to dedicate my time to that.

Just so you all know... Halo probably spent 30 hours making that stadium, I probably spent 10 hours making my version. This isn't something we can just whip up.

My Busch Stadium took hundreds of hours. That's days.

Pirate, thanks again for all your great efforts. Of course, I am the most partial to Angel Stadium, being my "home stadium" since I was 5 in 1966! I would love to see an accurate, fully modded version of it for my own selfish reasons.:) But, I think we have a happy medium for now and it's great for the community that you got a nice version of it to work for everyone.

One question. Would it be possible with HaloFans mod to adjust some texture sizes somewhere that wouldnt be really noticeable and not take away from his work, to allow it to not crash and be stable with the best hi-res mods?

Has anyone seen HaloFan at all lately? Maybe he has cooled down since the Angels changed their name and would want to update his work with a completely accurate version, not the protest one.

Just putting it here, cause I think it fits best...

Had this stadium crashing issues too, when I installed the 07 mod... (e.g. Ameriquest Field Night Version) Stuttering also bothered me...

So I went to use the 1x version of Kccitystars Total MLB 1.10 uniforms...

Stuttering and crash issues where gone, but I wasn't pleased with the look of the Jerseys at all, so I re-installed the separate 2x Version once again...

Expected stuttering and crashes coming back, but no... all still runs fluently... well that's what I call a lucky conincedence?

Just putting it here, cause I think it fits best...

Had this stadium crashing issues too, when I installed the 07 mod... (e.g. Ameriquest Field Night Version) Stuttering also bothered me...

So I went to use the 1x version of Kccitystars Total MLB 1.10 uniforms...

Stuttering and crash issues where gone, but I wasn't pleased with the look of the Jerseys at all, so I re-installed the separate 2x Version once again...

Expected stuttering and crashes coming back, but no... all still runs fluently... well that's what I call a lucky conincedence?

You SURE your actual instalation of 2X went through?

Maybe the 2X istalation on the 07 Mod is different than the separate KC 2X Mod... Just wondering.

yepp 100% sure... the unis now look way better now. I can hardly believe it myself, but I'm happy so far... See how it is in other stadiums (@yankee stadium right now it's fine)

As for Halo he hasn't been around in a long while. He quit his job at the stadium over the name change. Maybe he gave up baseball all together. We had some heated arguments over the change.

You could certainly take his work and open the cram in NFSHtool and shrink certain files to make it more smooth.

Archived