MVP 07 Patch Released

Pirate

I am using KG Roster's in my dynasty and I'm not sure if I should download the patch or not because I'm pretty far into my dynasty and would rather not have to restart. If I download it, will I still get the updated cyberfaces even if I don't restart my dynasty? What about the stadium issues?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the faces will show up, but they will be on the wrong players.

So basically I should just suck it up and download the patch and restart my dynasty? Will I need to download the newest KG rosters PLUS then too?

Will this be the last major update for awhile? In other words, is it safe to start a new dynasty or will I end up needing to restart it again after future updates? Thanks for the info, by the way.

Well, if you're really into the dynasty, I wouldn't download the patch just to start a new one. For the most part, all the faces that were added in the patch were minor leaguers, so if you mostly play ML games, you wouldn't play with most of them. However, I believe the stadiums can be added to your game in the middle of a dynasty and everything would be fine.

To do that, I'd make a copy of your models.big and save it somewhere. Install the patch, then replace the new models.big with the saved one. Any roster changes that occur with the patch won't affect your dynasty.

As for my updates, I plan on having 1 or 2 more before Opening Day. There won't be any huge changes in them; just updated transactions and cosmetic things. Honestly, I'd start a dynasty after the Opening Day update is uploaded. That way it's just like you're starting a season just like the real teams.

Well, if you're really into the dynasty, I wouldn't download the patch just to start a new one. For the most part, all the faces that were added in the patch were minor leaguers, so if you mostly play ML games, you wouldn't play with most of them. However, I believe the stadiums can be added to your game in the middle of a dynasty and everything would be fine.

To do that, I'd make a copy of your models.big and save it somewhere. Install the patch, then replace the new models.big with the saved one. Any roster changes that occur with the patch won't affect your dynasty.

As for my updates, I plan on having 1 or 2 more before Opening Day. There won't be any huge changes in them; just updated transactions and cosmetic things. Honestly, I'd start a dynasty after the Opening Day update is uploaded. That way it's just like you're starting a season just like the real teams.

Thanks for the info man. Actually, I was hoping to get the cyberfaces because I play with the Royals and I'd like to get Gordon's, Butler's, and Shealy's faces - and Buddy Bell's if they got it. Is there anyway to download just the models.big file from the patch so the faces change, or would I still have the same problem anyway? Sorry to keep hounding you, but I really do appreciate it.

All the face numbers changed with the patch, and therein lies the problem. If you want to take the time to do it, you could just download the patch and use tywiggins' MVP Editor to change all the cyberface numbers to the updated numbers, and they'll show up in your dynasty. I've got a list of all the names and numbers that changed with the patch.

All the face numbers changed with the patch, and therein lies the problem. If you want to take the time to do it, you could just download the patch and use tywiggins' MVP Editor to change all the cyberface numbers to the updated numbers, and they'll show up in your dynasty. I've got a list of all the names and numbers that changed with the patch.

Thanks. I think I'll just download the patch and restart my dynasty. So when Opening Day comes, if I want to use your updated rosters then, I'll have to start another dynasty, right? Thanks. By the way, I love your rosters man.

There's no need to restart the dynasty if you use the MVP Editor. It's a piece of cake to use, and it will fix the face problems.

OK, cool. I have MVPedit. Is that the right one? I'll probably still have stadium crashes though, right?

Here's what you do:

-Download the patch and install it.

-Download tywiggins' MVP Editor in the Files section.

-Start the game, load your dynasty. Then start MVP Editor.

-I'll PM you the list of all the faces that changed with the patch. Once you have that, you just search for each player in the MVP Editor, and you can update the face number for the new players with faces, and give generics to the players whose cyberfaces were taken out of the game. Save each player, and when you go back to the game, everything will be updated.

Dude, sweet. Thank you! I'm very glad that you were online tonight. Take care bro and let me know if you ever need help with anything to do with the Royals. I am their biggest fan and follow them closely.

You can repay me by always reviewing the Royals in my roster and making any suggestions. :)

I'll PM you the cyberface change list shortly.

KG - I don't see some people on the list you sent me, like Gordon and Butler. Am I blind?

Ahh, they were part of the 07 mod, not the patch then. If you look at the plusmaker utility that comes with the 07 mod, look at the ini file inside. The first number is the player's ID number, and the #s after that are the players cyberface #.

For instance, Gordon's ID number is 6637. Find it on the .ini file, and in the same line, you see "451": that's his face number. Plug that into MVP Editor and you're all set. Do the same thing for whoever else needs a face.

I'm afraid not. I based everything off the 07 mod. Why don't you have 07 installed?

I don't want "all" the mods in the install just most of them so I installed most of them myself. Can you tell me what player id's have changed and I'll change the models.big file myself?

Thanks

hi guys i'm new to this site and had a question -

does this mod make you unable to control your outfielders once the ball has landed? because i can't control their running and i'm wondering if it's a controller issue, if i need another patch, or if it's supposed to be that way. thanks in advance.

everytime i install this... everything is running smooth up until the loading page before a game. It loads halfway and crashes the game? I tried replacing the stadiums with the original.. didn't work...

if anyone can link me to Kycistarr(sp?) 's 1x uniform... whatever that means but yeah and a explanation on where to put the uniforms, it would be greatly appreciated.

Any other suggestions to my problem will be greatly appreciated as well!! plz help!

Archived