This is our year! 2007 Los Angeles Dodgers

bob44

Do you think the Dodgers have the players to win the world series this year ?  

107 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

Game #2 Chicago vs. Los Angeles. Dodgers win their 3rd game in a row 4-2 over the Cubs. Randy Wolf pitches 7 strong innings and moves to an unbelievable 7-1 on the season. The big play of the game was in the bottom of the 2nd, when Matt Kemp (who was starting in place of RF Andre Ethier) hit a huge 3 run blast ! Broxton and Saito close out the game, Saito earns his 15th save of the year.

Derek Lee rounds first a bit to far after a single and the Dodgers pick him off trying to get back.

picture610.jpg?t=1179078228

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game #3 Chicago vs. Los Angeles. Dodgers lose this one 5-4 to Chicago. LA was outplayed the whole game, but in the bottom of the 8th trailing 4-1, pinch hitter Olmedo Saenz doubles in Andy LaRoche. Then with 2 outs, the suddenly hot hitting Juan Pierre hits a 2-run homer to tie it 4-4. Unfortunately in the top of the 9th Mark Hendrickson gives up a solo shot to Derrek Lee. That was the difference in the game. The Cubs did deserve this one as they out-hit the Dodgers 19-8. Also to note, ex-dodger Cesar Izturis hit an inside the park homer off the right field wall that rolled far away from Ethier in the top of the 5th.

Juan Pierre ties the game in the bottom of the 8th 4-4 with his 2-run homer !! Jeff Kent celebrates in the dugout :)

2b.jpg?t=1179080824

Chicago vs. Los Angeles

2a.jpg?t=1179079547

Series MVP = Juan Pierre (6 for 10) 2 triples, 1 home run, 3 runs, 4 RBI's, 2 bb's, 2 sb's

Schedule for May........

picture627.jpg?t=1179079610

Standings........

picture628.jpg?t=1179079643

Stats 50 games into the season !!!!

Batting Stats in order of AB's........

2e.jpg?t=1179081987

Pitching Stats in order of Innings Pitched........

2d.jpg?t=1179082164

Way to go! I have Ethier in left with Kemp in right, Kemp is hitting .340, 24 HR, 44 RBI, 10 SB through the series with Cincinnati. I also brought up LaRoche and sent Betemit down to AAA, and brought up Loney to spell Nomar at first or LaRoche at third (with Loney at 1st and Nomar at 3rd).

My lineup is usually this:

Furcal

Pierre

Nomar OR Loney

Kent

Kemp

Ethier

Martin

LaRoche OR Loney

P

Way to go! I have Ethier in left with Kemp in right, Kemp is hitting .340, 24 HR, 44 RBI, 10 SB through the series with Cincinnati. I also brought up LaRoche and sent Betemit down to AAA, and brought up Loney to spell Nomar at first or LaRoche at third (with Loney at 1st and Nomar at 3rd).

My lineup is usually this:

Furcal

Pierre

Nomar OR Loney

Kent

Kemp

Ethier

Martin

LaRoche OR Loney

P

How is Loney doing for you. I like the guy, but i tried him out at the beginning of the season and he just wasn't hitting for me. Then i ended up sending him down because i'm trying to stick with what the real Dodgers do. I really like LaRoche, hes been great hitting and fielding since i called him up. Kemp has been really good too off the bench and with spot starts. Is the Western division any competition for you? The only decent team in my season is Arizona who is barely staying around the .500 mark.

Nice dynasty, I'm loving the multiple snapshot thing to show a play

THANK YOU ! :) I was hoping people liked that. I'll try to put one of those in almost every game or at least every other.

Game #1 Los Angeles vs. Washington. Dodgers destroy the Nationals in their first meeting of the year 10-1. Derek Lowe pitches a complete game, giving up just 1 run and 8 hits. He goes to 5-2 on the year. It was a really big game for Nomar as he was 3 for 5 with a triple, 2 home runs and 4 rbi's !! LA hits 5 homers total today. This was a nice game for the blue crew after their disappointing loss to the Cubs.

Jeff Kent touches home plate after hitting his 10th homer of the season.

picture647.jpg?t=1179377371

Game #2 Los Angeles vs. Washington. Dodgers continue to dominate the poor Nationals with another butt-whoppin 8-0. Jason Schmidt was fantastic today. Complete game 3 hit shut-out with 5 K's :) . Schmidt is now posting a sweet 7-2 record on the season. Juan Pierre somehow hits 2 homers today and had 4 rbi's. He now has a more respectable .253 batting average after hovering just above .200 all year. Nomar who had a big day yesterday went 0 for 5 today. Dodgers will send out Brad Penny tomorrow and hope to leave the capital with a clean sweep.

Jason Schmidt was un-hittable today. Complete game 3 hit shut-out !!

picture656.jpg?t=1179380261

How is Loney doing for you. I like the guy, but i tried him out at the beginning of the season and he just wasn't hitting for me. Then i ended up sending him down because i'm trying to stick with what the real Dodgers do. I really like LaRoche, hes been great hitting and fielding since i called him up. Kemp has been really good too off the bench and with spot starts. Is the Western division any competition for you? The only decent team in my season is Arizona who is barely staying around the .500 mark.

He's doing alright, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what he's hitting, I've probably played him in like 4-5 games and I know I've hit at least one home run with him, also an RBI single or double I remember. He certainly hasn't been as good as Kemp for me; I think the reason for this is that I'm trying too hard with Loney and I get impatient and end up wasting 2-3 at bats. Unfortunately I think I was playing the first 20 or so games on pro level and I was winning easily, so I bumped it up to all star. Furcal and Pierre are monsters at the top of the lineup, a single from either one of them is basically a triple since I almost always try to steal twice with both of them. And unlike in real life, I hardly get caught with Pierre.

I can pretty much dominate most of the teams they play, and I only struggle against certain pitchers. Sanchez from the gnats is one I can thing of who gives me issues, it's usually someone who's a 4th or 5th starter who I struggle against. I think 2nd place is like 1 or 2 games over .500, I probably have around a 6 or 7 game lead through the series with the Reds.

I am finding that I regularly check for updates on your dynasty

and look forward to the next game and recap. Good job on this.

Very well done with the stats and pictures.

waz

Game #3 Los Angeles vs. Washington. The Dodgers starters continue to dominate, as Brad Penny pitches a complete game in the Dodgers 6-3 win today. The top 3 starters all threw complete games in this series as LA easily sweeps DC. Dodgers come out swinging, putting up 5 runs in the top of the first and 1 in the top of the 2nd. Those 6 runs were all they would score today, but it was plenty for Penny. Andre Ethier had the big hit of the day with a 3 run homer in the 1st with 2 outs, his 14th on the season. Dodgers travel to Pittsburgh to start a 4 game series with the Bucs tomorrow. LA swept them earlier in the year at home.

Andre Ethier connects on a huge 3 run blast to left field in the top of the 1st !!

2g.jpg?t=1179596341

Los Angeles vs. Washington

2f.jpg?t=1179595319

Series MVP = Dodgers top 3 starters (27 IP, 17 hits, 4 ER, 0 BB, 14 K's)

Schedule for May........

picture671.jpg?t=1179595924

Standings........

picture667.jpg?t=1179595441

holy .... you've won a lot in may lol

Ya, I was a good 17-9 in April......then an amazing 22-5 in May. Time to kick some butt in June :) .

Hey man, where did you get those awesome Dodger background screens?!?!? I want them!!!

I made them myself last year. I have a dodger background for pretty much every menu screen. I could put it in the downloads. Im not sure which file to put exactly and i cant remember exactly how i did them either cause it was a year ago. I'll try.

Game #1 Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh. The Dodgers bats explode tonight !! LA crushes the Pirates 16-3 in the opening game of the series. It started out as a close match-up, going into the top of the 7th it was a 3-3 score. In the 7th Dodgers score 8 runs on 9 hits and in the 9th Dodgers score 5 runs on 4 hits. Dodgers piled together 25 hits tonight !! Randy Wolf moves to 8-1 on the year. Joe Beimel closes out the game pitching 3 hitless innings with 3 K's.

Nomar has a huge game going 4 for 6 including this 7th inning 3 run homer. He scored 3 runs and had 4 RBIs.

picture684.jpg?t=1179907567

Brady Clark has a good game in a rare start. He went 3 for 5 and hit a solo shot in the top of the 2nd.

picture675.jpg?t=1179907929

Game #2 Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh. The Dodgers should have saved some of those 16 runs from last night for todays game as they only came up with 1 tonight. Pirates take the 2nd game of the series 3-1. Ian Snell cools down the Dodgers bats as he had a 5 hit shut-out through 8 innings. LA finally scores a run with 2 outs in the top of the 9th. Snell also helped himself out at the plate as he went 2 for 3 with a rbi. This came very close to being the first time the Dodgers were shut-out this season, after maybe their best offensive performance yet yesterday.

I made them myself last year. I have a dodger background for pretty much every menu screen. I could put it in the downloads. Im not sure which file to put exactly and i cant remember exactly how i did them either cause it was a year ago. I'll try.

If it wouldn't bother you to take some time from the game to upload the screens, I would very much appreciate it. I get pissed off when I see the picture of Lo Duca tagging out JD Drew's dumb *** out at the plate from the playoffs last year.

Theres been a small pause in my dynasty because i'm on vacation right now. This weekend i was at 2 Dodgers games. I saw them beat the Cubs 9-8 on Friday and beat the Cubs 2-1 on Sunday :) . Im going to try to play a game or 2 today, then im off to go gambling the next 3 days, so games will start back up this Friday. I will also try to get my Dodger background menu screens up on the download list by this weekend.

ROSTER MOVES

Wilson Valdez sent down to AAA

Tony Abreu called up to MLB

Chin-hui Tsao sent down to AAA

Chad Billingsley called up to MLB

Game #3 Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh. Dodgers coming off a loss to the bucs yesterday win a close one today. LA got off to a good start with a 5-1 lead in the 4th inning, but Derek Lowe started to struggle. The Pirates scored 1 in the bottom of the 4th to make it 5-2 and then 3 in the bottom of the 5th to tie it up 5-5. The hot hitting Jeff Kent leads off the 6th with a solo shot to take the lead back 6-5. Then the Pirates come back once again scoring one off Joe Beimel in the 7th to make it 6-6. Andre Ethier gets a huge 2 out single in the top of the 8th that scores Kent to put the Dodgers up 7-6. Beimel pitches the 8th and Saito closes out the game in the 9th to earn his 16th save of the year. Tony Abreu got his first career start today at 3rd. He went 2 for 4 with a single, double and a rbi. LA has a traffic jam at 3rd base with Betemit, LaRoche and Abreu.

Derek Lowe struggled today, giving up 6 runs and 11 hits in 6 1/3 innings.

picture705.jpg?t=1180748403

Takashi Saito has been solid this year with a 1.64 era. Here he is celebrating his 16th save of the season.

picture714.jpg?t=1180748559

Game #4 Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh. LA loses a tough one today. It was a 13 inning battle and at the end the Pirates take this one 3-2. Surprisingly the Pirates end up splitting the 4 game series with the red hot Dodgers 2-2. LA started the game well with a 2 run homer from Olmedo Saenz in the 1st, but they would be held scoreless the next 12 innings. The Pirates ended up tying the game 2-2 in the 6th. Mark Hendrickson blows it in the bottom of the 13th as he only threw 3 pitches and the Pirates hit a double, then a single off him to win it 3-2.

Olmedo Saenz had an awesome game filling in for Garciaparra who needed a day off.

picture739.jpg?t=1180837753

Jason Bay hits a single off of Mark Hendrickson in the bottom of the 13th to knock in Freddy Sanchez and win the game 3-2.

2i.jpg?t=1180838231

Mark Hendrickson drops to 0-3 on the season. He has been very unreliable at the end of games.

picture749.jpg?t=1180838464

Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh

2h.jpg?t=1180831398

Series MVP = Joe Beimel (3 G, 1-0, 1 SV, 5 1/3 IP, 3 Hits, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K's)

Schedule for June.......

picture750.jpg?t=1180831444

Standings........

picture751.jpg?t=1180831476

Archived