Question about Xbox360 HDDVD player?

Sandlot

He is asking if the XBOX 360 will be running its fans at full speed and producing the same amount of noise as in during games..

LOL Ahh yes. I forgot that was an issue sometimes. For me the larger issue is the actual low volume bug of the HD-DVD player. I dont really understand why that has not been fixed yet. It really takes away from the movie/concert experience and is really the only negative of the HD-DVD player.

LOL Ahh yes. I forgot that was an issue sometimes. For me the larger issue is the actual low volume bug of the HD-DVD player. I dont really understand why that has not been fixed yet. It really takes away from the movie/concert experience and is really the only negative of the HD-DVD player.

Why not just turn your TV's volume up even more?

That's what you end up doing, but the presence or signal to noise goes up then and doesnt sound as clean as it should and you end up maxing out your volume on your TV, Amp, receiver, computer speakers, which of course then introduces more noice into the end sound.

• 1 month later...

Actually, no. There is a bug with the HD-DVD player where the volume is at a much lower level. Microsoft says this will be fixed in a future update patch.

If you have a 5.1 system it is not a problem

If you have a 5.1 system it is not a problem

So, what you are saying is that if use the Optical output, the volume is normal then? I havent used the Optical out yet, so that is interesting. I dont have my 360 hooked to my Pre/Pro, so I hadn't tried that. The digital board on my Outlaw 950 Pre/Pro is out of order, so I have to use the 5.1 Analog imputs. But, that wont help me with the 360 currently. I need to send that back to Outlaw for warranty work, but it is a pain in the butt to unhook everything and then re-install when I get it back.

Archived