Help with MVP

malachijohn666

Ok Guys, I know I am going to sound like an idiot here. But I constantly have difficulties with MVP2005/2006/2007. The problem is that when I play on Rookie the game is way too easy adn I cream the computer 15-0 consistently and it is boring. But when i switch to medium difficulty the computer is belting them out of the park and hense I lose almost all the time. I set the ai sliders to -50 for contact and power and swing frequency, and it does not seem to make a difference... What should I do?

almost a year as a member and this is still a problem for you....I am guessing you do not read through the forums much.

try using a datafile mod and/or see some of the threads about sliders to get an idea of what others are doing with their sliders and seeing the results they want.

Yea your pitch strategy is probably the source of the problem if the cpu is beating you consistently on pro or allstar difficulty. What I love most about this game is that user pitching is actually realistic. If you keep the ball down, the ball will usually not be hit out. Throwing tilts is very effective (i.e. change-up low and away then fastball up and in) and nibbliing is also effective. You can set up hitters by pounding them away and then sneaking a slider inside. Work the 4 corners and primarily low and away, low and in, and up and in. Occasionally you may want to throw a tilt up and away if have been busting a guy low and in. Even if you have the hot/cold zones off, you can still view them for each player using r1 (or whatever it is for the controller you have). Use these, they are your scouting reports.

Archived