Question about portraits

osfan5891

Id like to know if there is a mod, editor, or thing out there for MVP 2005 in which i can change any portrait id like to a different potrait. I also have the total conversion mod for MVP 2007, if that makes a difference. I wouldn't know, im a n00b. Thanks!

well actually, i was kind of thinking it to be cool if i changed someone's portrait to one of my own, and almost literally putting myself and others in the game. just wondering, cause ive found some pretty nifty stuff on this site.

yeah you can do it. use mvpedit.

search in the forums for the big and nasty all encompassing faq list. it describes how to use it.

once you figure that out, you'll see that you can add a cyberface and audio too. but that's for later...

I've found the forum, but i still cannot find which one tells you how to change the portrait. I am really only interested in changing the portraits for now, but thanks anyway for your responses! So, any more detailed responses would be apprectiated. Thanks

Open up the portrait.big file. Extract one of the portraits out. Extract using nfshtool. Replace bmp with your own picture. Repack using nfshtool. Repack into portrait.big file.

where is this portraits.big file? im not finding it lol...... and ive downloaded nfshtool and the FSH tool thing because it sounds like i need to use them as well with mvp mod. thanks again for everyone's patience and responses!

You can use EAGraph to open up any kind of .big files.

But if all you need to do is to add your portrait, it is easier to do it using MVPEdit.

Steps:

1. Create your picture using any type of photo-editing tool (I believe the size has to be either 128X128 or 256X256).

2. Then create an alpha image. An alpha image is just the shadow of your picture. An alpha image has to be a 8-bit .bmp file.

3. Save your pic as 0000 for the portrait and 0000-a for your alpha image.

4. Open up MVPEdit, go to the player that you want to add this portrait to and click on his already existing one.

5. You would then add in both the 0000.bmp and 0000-a.bmp files that you created.

6. Extract your .DAT files to your data folder and you are done.

NOTE - It would be really easy to use Photoshop to create your image and its alpha.

NOTE - Make sure to back up your files before doing anything (mainly your database folder). If something goes wrong you can always revert back to the thing that was working for you.

If any of my steps above are wrong, please do correct them.

EDIT: VanHaltren is right. MVPEditor is easier to use since you wouldn't have to fool with extracting the .DAT files.

You only have to mess with .dat files if you are adding a new ID number for a player. If you're only replacing or updating a portrait of someone, you don't have to export any .dat files.

I am unsure why, but photoshop will only let me me go as low as 16-bit for any BMP files. 8-bit is there as a choice, but does not let me go there. Any suggestions?

I am unsure why, but photoshop will only let me me go as low as 16-bit for any BMP files. 8-bit is there as a choice, but does not let me go there. Any suggestions?

I think you need to change the image to grayscale first.

Archived