15 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1 - Extremely Bad
    • 2 - It needs plenty of work
    • 3 - Decent
    • 4 - Pretty Good
    • 5 - Awesome

nybanner-1.png

In 1996, the Yankees won it all, they reached the World Series and defeated the Atlanta Braves 4 games to 2. They won it with strong starting pitching, timely hitting, and what is now known as "The Formula" in the bullpen. They would go on to win in 1998, 1999, and 2000, but have failed to win it again since then, suffering embarrassing losses, including three ALDS eliminations, one ALCS knockout, and two World Series defeats. The only players left from those days are Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera. Now it is 2007, and it's time to rebuild a new core and lead the way to a new Dynasty team...with young stars like Chien-Ming Wang, Robinson Cano, and Melky Cabrera, the Yankees look to win it all for the first time in seven years.

2007 will be an odd year for sure, now that Bernie Williams has refused a non-roster invitation to Spring Training, and still doesn't want to sign with another team. He is likely to retire, and his presence and leadership will be missed in the Yankee dugout. This could also be the final year of the Joe Torre Era, who first came in 1996 as "Clueless Joe," and not only made New York a winner, but himself as well.

The Yankees once again reached into the Free Agent pool for premier players, punching Andy Pettitte a ticket back to New York, at a hefty $16 million, along with Japanese sensation Kei Igawa, whose neogiating rights were given to the Yankees after a $26 million dollar bid was offered to his Far East Coast team, the Hanshin Tigers. A five year, $20 million dollar contract was inked and he will now be fighting for the fifth spot in the rotation, behind Wang, Pettitte, Mussina, and a rebounding Carl Pavano. Doug Mientkiewicz and Josh Phelps were also brought in to play first base, shifting Jason Giambi to DH full time.

This year's Spring Training will be one to remember, with numerous spots in the bullpen reamining open for many, and arms such as Brian Bruney, Humberto Sanchez, Ron Villone, Jeff Karstens, Darrell Rasner, and the uber-prospect Phil Hughes, are all vying for the chance to get a plane to the Bronx.

And of course, there is always the Alex Rodriguez saga, the press writing about every move he makes and every move he doesn't make. As he approaches 500 home runs at the age of 32, will he finally gain the respect of all fans and media?

Stick around for this year, it could be one to remember for baseball fans...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 31st, 2007

The New York Yankees have completed their 25-Man Roster now that Spring Training has come to an end. Here is the Yankees' roster:

C Jorge Posada

C Todd Pratt *

1B Jason Giambi

1B Doug Mientkiewicz

1B Josh Phelps *

2B Robinson Cano

2B Miguel Cairo

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Johnny Damon

CF Melky Cabrera

RF Bobby Abreu

SP Chien-Ming Wang

SP Andy Pettitte

SP Mike Mussina

SP Carl Pavano

SP Kei Igawa

SP Jeff Karstens *

RP Brian Bruney *

RP Mike Myers

RP Luis Vizcaino

RP Scott Proctor

SU Kyle Farnsworth

CL Mariano Rivera

* Means they won their battle for the position. Todd Pratt beat out Wil Nieves and Raul Chavez for the backup Catcher role, Josh Phelps beat out Andy Phillips for the platoon at first base with Doug Mientkiewicz, Jeff Karstens beat out Philip Hughes, and Darrell Rasner for the long man role, and Brian Bruney beat out Chris Britton and Ron Villone for the final reliever spot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 1st, 2007

Analysis of the New York Yankees

Starting Lineup

CF - Johnny Damon #18

QCQnaoMb.jpg

.285 24 HR 80 RBI 25 SB

SS - Derek Jeter #2

FvCWGsfp.jpg

.343 14 HR 97 RBI 34 SB

RF Bobby Abreu #53

g8W9grjl.jpg

.297 15 HR 107 RBI 30 SB

3B Alex Rodriguez #13

RDUiLKXe.jpg

.290 35 HR 121 RBI 15 SB

DH Jason Giambi #25

zhjMoS8Q.jpg

.253 37 HR 113 RBI 2 SB

LF Hideki Matsui #55

9SnDZQMY.jpg

.302 8 HR 29 RBI 1 SB

2B Robinson Cano #24

XyKUgxsh.jpg

.342 15 HR 78 RBI 5 SB

C Jorge Posada #20

dF3fBPF5.jpg

.277 23 HR 93 RBI 3 SB

1B Doug Mientkiewicz #11

T3n6RNsK.jpg

.283 4 HR 43 RBI 3 SB

- The lineup is once again an offensive juggernaut, with just about everyone capable of driving in 100 runs this season. Giambi is now a full-time DH, and Mientkiewicz will be the primary first baseman, with Josh Phelps occasionally getting the starts against lefties. Lineup Grade A+

Bench

C Todd Pratt #14

GCdRqYlR.jpg

.207 4 HR 19 RBI 1 SB

1B Josh Phelps #31

ppu69vwB.jpg

Did not play in MLB in 2006

2B Miguel Cairo #41

68RgIHuA.jpg

.239 0 HR 30 RBI 13 SB

CF Melky Cabrera #28

8bVBePHe.jpg

.280 7 HR 50 RBI 12 SB

- The bench is pretty solid, with Pratt backing up Posada and has a lot of experience to his resume. Phelps will be an above average hitter against lefties as in the past few years, and Cairo is capable of playing multiple positions with a solid glove all over. Cabrera will be getting the most playing time as the 4th OF, a developing player with great defense. Bench Grade C+

Starting Rotation

Ace Chien-Ming Wang #40

fY9Dn6pC.jpg

19-6 3.63 ERA 218 IP

No.2 Andy Pettitte #46

5DJAQFrQ.jpg

14-13 4.20 ERA 214.1 IP

No.3 Mike Mussina #35

PfYEyLpX.jpg

15-7 3.51 ERA 197.1 IP

No.4 Carl Pavano #45

8ldrQfsH.jpg

No.5 Kei Igawa #29

7pD4wCBi.jpg

-The rotation is very strong up front with Chien-Ming Wang, runner up in the Cy Young Award last year. He could very well win 20 games this year again, but never rings up many K's. Pettitte is in his second tour of duty with the Yankees, so he is a known quality as a second half-horse and a big game pitcher in the AL East. Mussina has been a sign of consistency over his entire career, hopefully his craftiness will keep that true at his age. Pavano is rebounding from a season he never pitched in, and only threw 100 innings in his first year as a Yankee. And as for Igawa, he is an import from Japan and hopefully he will show the same success he had in Japan. Starting Rotation Grade B

Bullpen

LRP Jeff Karstens #58

aQCHqwha.jpg

2-1 3.80 42.2 IP

RP Brian Bruney #33

MnGjWhtk.jpg

1-1 0.87 ERA 20.2 IP

LHS Mike Myers #36

wu83t5gG.jpg

1-2 3.23 ERA 30.2 IP

MRP Luis Vizcaino #39

9cHM9ZPa.jpg

4-6 3.58 ERA 65.1 IP

MRP Scott Proctor #43

daDZyoJY.jpg

6-4 3.52 ERA 102.1 IP

SU Kyle Farnsworth #48

xiijd2y6.jpg

4-6 4.36 ERA 66 IP

CL Mariano Rivera #42

JHJdBthn.jpg

5-5 1.80 ERA 34 SV 75 IP

-The bullpen has been improved year by year as of late, and Jeff Karstens is their newest longman. He showed poise and potential in his work in the bigs last year, earning his spot over the elite prospect Phil Hughes. Brian Bruney is looking to duplicate the success he had last year with the Yankees after being aquired from Arizona. Lefty submariner Mike Myers is simply impossible to hit when it comes to facing a lefty batter, and new aquisition Luis Vizcaino is helping the bridge to Mariano Rivera since coming over from the Big Unit deal. Vizcaino alongside of Scott Proctor, looking to repeat a breakout season, and Kyle Farnsworth (hoping to improve on last year's dissappointment) will cover the majority of seventh and eighth innings, making it easy for Future Hall Of Famer Mariano Rivera to slam the door shut. Bullpen Grade B-

And without further ado, the 2007 season will begin shortly.

[align=center]March 2nd, 2007

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (0-0) @ New York Yankees (0-0) 1:05 PM ET

march1st2007kazmirvsza7.png[/align]

[align=center]April 2nd, 2007

Bats Break Out In Home Opener Victory

NEW YORK - A bright and sunny afternoon in the Bronx was filled with cheers, as a sellout crowd watched the New York Yankees take the field for the first time of the 2007 season against the visiting Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The uniform slightly changed, a black band on the left sleeve of the Yankee uniform in memory of the late Cory Lidle, and it showed good luck today as the Bombers trounced Tampa Bay by a score of 8-3.

jorgeposadaqw7.jpg

Jorge Posada guns Delmon Young in the first inning with a great throw.

Chien-Ming Wang (1-0) earned the win in a solid effort, allowing a whopping 11 hits (9 singles, 3B and a HR) and three runs over six innings. He didn't allow a walk, and fanned five, very uncommon out of Wang. Scott Kazmir (0-1) took the loss, as he was pounded for seven runs (six earned) on six hits over 61/3 innings. He only fanned two and allowed a mighty seven walks, having no control whatsoever throughout the game.

scottkazmirmv1.jpg

Scott Kazmir started off hot but ended up cold. The first two innings took 20 pitches, but the next 4 took 100 pitches, accumulating six walks and all six hits.

The Yankees jumped out in front in the third inning, when Doug Mientkiewicz blasted a double with one out into the gap, the first hit allowed by the D-Rays' Kazmir . Johnny Damon flied out to right to record out number two, but The Captain, Derek Jeter, drilled a fastball into the right field stands, an opposite field two-run dinger to get on the board. In the fourth the Yankees led off with three straight singles, the third one by Hideki Matsui brought home a run to make it 3-0, and a Cano walk loaded the bases with no one out. But Kazmir buckled down, allowing a Jorge Posada RBI sac fly to left, then got two groundouts to end the inning at a 4-0 score.

dougmientkiewiczkh0.jpg

Doug Mientkiewicz records the first Yankee hit as well as his first in pinstripes, a booming double to left center.

derekjeterjb4.jpg

Derek Jeter's dinger made it the second Home Opener in a row that he took one out of the ballpark. It gave New York a lead they would never give up.

The fifth inning was quiet, but the sixth inning was wild on both sides. The D-Rays started things with a B.J. Upton single, but Wang fanned Rocco Baldelli and uber prospect Delmon Young to put two down. But Carl Crawford laced an RBI triple in the gap that was misplayed by Matsui, and came home the next pitch on a Ty Wigginton homer to make the score 4-3.

carlcrawfordiz5.jpg

Carl Crawford, the fastest man in baseball, notches an RBI triple to put the Rays on the board in the sixth.

tywiggintonlw6.jpg

First Baseman Ty Wigginton blasts a Chien-Ming Wang fastball deep to right center field for a homer, cutting the lead to 4-3.

The Yankees would distance themselves in the bottom frame however. After Hideki Matsui worked a one out walk, Robinson Cano lowered the boom on an 0-1 fastball and placed it in the upper deck to make it a 6-3 lead. Two more runs in the seventh came without a hit (Derek Jeter reached on a B.J. Upton fielding error, Bobby Abreu, Jason Giambi, and Robinson Cano then all walked) to make it 8-3, and that was the way the game stood.

robinsoncanovl4.jpg

Robinson Cano, coming off an amazing second half stretch last year, puts the game out of reach in the sixth with an uppder deck blast to right field.

The bullpen effort was outstanding on both sides. Jon Switzer came in relief of Kazmir, fanning three and walking two over 12/3 innings. After the sixth, the Yanks put in Scott Proctor, who threw a scoreless seventh with a strikeout and only eight pitches, and in the eighth Kyle Farnsworth turned up the heat, fanning two D-Rays with an array of 99 mph fastballs and sliders. The ninth was up to Luis Vizcaino, who completed the game with a hitless ninth on only four pitches.

derekjeterbobbyabreuhidlk6.jpg

Derek Jeter, Bobby Abreu, and Hideki Matsui take in the victory as they walk off the field.

Yankee Notables

Robinson Cano 1-2, HR, 3 RBI, 2 BB

Kyle Farnsworth IP, 2 K

D-Rays Notables

Ty Wigginton 2-4, HR, 2 RBI

B.J. Upton 2-3, R

Player Of The Game

Derek Jeter 1-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 SB

Hater(s) Of The Game

Johnny Damon 0-5, 2 K

Scott Kazmir L, 61/3 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 7 BB, 2 K

Tomorrow the Yankees will get the day off, but Wednesday's matchup will feature Andy Pettitte making his return to the Yankees against lefty Casey Fossum, first pitch scheduled for 7:05 ET, only on YES.[/align]

[align=center]April 4th, 2007

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (0-1) @ New York Yankees (1-0) 7:05 PM ET

march4thcaseyfossumtr9.pngmarch4thandypettittecs1.png[/align]

[align=center]Yankees Fall In Pitcher's Duel

april4th2007zc0.png

Fossum (1-0) 7.1 IP/5 H/ER/2 BB/6 K

Pettitte 7.2 IP/9 H/2 R/BB/2 K

Scoring Drive

Top 2 - Zobrist RBI 2B, Iwamura RBI 2B - TB 2-0

Bot 4 -Giambi solo HR - TB 2-1

Clubhouse Quotes

Joe Torre: "Can't say much. We couldn't get the bats going with this lineup, it means Fossum pitched a heck of a game. The kid has that slow curve and we just weren't patient, the only one who sat back on it was Jason [Giambi] and look where that one went."

Andy Pettite: "It was a great start and it was great to see the fans while wearing pinstripes. But we lost, so we gotta move to the next game, you can't ride on one game for a season."

Casey Fossum: "It felt great. They didn't get much off of me, I saw them bite early on the curve so I stuck with it."

[/align]

[align=center]April 5th, 2007

Chicago White Sox (1-1) @ New York Yankees (1-1) 10:05 PM ET

march5thjongarlandus6.pngmarch5thmikemussinabu4.png[/align]

[align=center]Back-To-Back-To-Back-To-Back Homers, Mussina's Gem Sink Sox

april5th2007va5.png

Mussina 9 IP/8 H/ER/2 BB/5 K

Garland 4.1 IP/7 H/6 ER/2 BB/K

Yankee Notables

Jeter 2-3, HR (2), 2 RBI (4)

Abreu 3-4, HR (1), RBI (1)

*Derek Jeter, Bobby Abreu, Alex Rodriguez, Jason Giambi hit consecutive homers in the fifth inning.

White Sox Notables

Thome 2-4

Crede 1-4 2B, RBI (2)

Clubhouse Quotes

Mike Mussina: "Perfect. From when I was throwing in the 'pen with Guidry I felt like tonight was gonna be a good one. I was spotting my fastball, and I mixed it up with the split, change, and curve. First pitch strikes are always key, Jorgy [Posada] and I were communicating nicely out there."

Derek Jeter: "It was a good win, Moose kept the ball rolling for the team once we stepepd up on the offnese. But we gotta win tomorrow too, or this means nothing. The season is 162 games long.

Ozzie Guillen: "Pathetic. They couldn't hit the f***ing ball off Mussina. Barely touching 90 and only one run in nine innings. That's not baseball. That's just sad. He's a good pitcher, but we could have gotten plenty off him with our offense. Didn't get s*** today.[/align]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not putting up the poll until this thing gets going. I'm gonna play a few exhibitions to see who really makes the cuts for the 25 man roster, and then post a team analysis following that up.

YAY! I have fans lol.

I'm in the middle of an exhibition right now, still thinking about who will make the team heading into the season...expect the roster to come out today.

Great opening post...yeah that was Brutal in i THINK 2001? When the DBacks beat you. I look back at that team and I dont remember half of the guys who were on it...mainly just the pitching staff. I still think you guys shouldve kept Tony Womack as a UTIL player. Yes hes 35 now but he has all the tools to play about anywhere.

I cant wait to see what you do with my main Yankee, Melky Cabrera. I like that kid alot.

Are you using KG's or UR rosters? Melky is alot better in UR's.

Also I forgot to say...if anyone in the league today I would like to see break the HR Record it would be A-Rod or Pujols. You should try to get Pujols at 1B....break the bank a bit.

Thanks for the comments guys. Womack was total crap, that's why he is gone. He's worthless to the Yankees.

For rosters, I am mixing it up a bit between KG's and Totte's. Players here and players there. Plus I imported Jesus Montero into the game.

For Melky, I'm gonna put him in maybe once every series or other series. Work him in the way he's supposed to be this year.

I'll be doing the real life Yankee moves, I plan on keeping a similar schedule to them, but I might eventually move fast and get into the future years...

March 31st, 2007

The New York Yankees have completed their 25-Man Roster now that Spring Training has come to an end. Here is the Yankees' roster:

C Jorge Posada

C Todd Pratt *

1B Jason Giambi

1B Doug Mientkiewicz

1B Josh Phelps *

2B Robinson Cano

2B Miguel Cairo

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Johnny Damon

CF Melky Cabrera

RF Bobby Abreu

SP Chien-Ming Wang

SP Andy Pettitte

SP Mike Mussina

SP Carl Pavano

SP Kei Igawa

SP Jeff Karstens *

RP Brian Bruney *

RP Mike Myers

RP Luis Vizcaino

RP Scott Proctor

SU Kyle Farnsworth

CL Mariano Rivera

* Means they won their battle for the position. Todd Pratt beat out Wil Nieves and Raul Chavez for the backup Catcher role, Josh Phelps beat out Andy Phillips for the platoon at first base with Doug Mientkiewicz, Jeff Karstens beat out Philip Hughes, and Darrell Rasner for the long man role, and Brian Bruney beat out Chris Britton and Ron Villone for the final reliever spot.

Analysis coming soon....

Andy Phillips>Josh Phelps any day.

Are you serious?

Phelps kills LHP...he hit .288 13 HR 36 RBI against lefties in 04 and 05 (combined), not to mention he hit .317 with 7 HR and 20 RBI's against lefties in 03

Phillips vs LHP from 04-06...

.186 2 HR 7 RBI

Please revise your statement.

Analysis of the New York Yankees

Starting Lineup

CF - Johnny Damon #18

QCQnaoMb.jpg

.285 24 HR 80 RBI 25 SB

SS - Derek Jeter #2

FvCWGsfp.jpg

.343 14 HR 97 RBI 34 SB

RF Bobby Abreu #53

g8W9grjl.jpg

.297 15 HR 107 RBI 30 SB

3B Alex Rodriguez #13

RDUiLKXe.jpg

.290 35 HR 121 RBI 15 SB

DH Jason Giambi #25

zhjMoS8Q.jpg

.253 37 HR 113 RBI 2 SB

LF Hideki Matsui #55

9SnDZQMY.jpg

.302 8 HR 29 RBI 1 SB

2B Robinson Cano #24

XyKUgxsh.jpg

.342 15 HR 78 RBI 5 SB

C Jorge Posada #20

dF3fBPF5.jpg

.277 23 HR 93 RBI 3 SB

1B Doug Mientkiewicz #11

T3n6RNsK.jpg

.283 4 HR 43 RBI 3 SB

- The lineup is once again an offensive juggernaut, with just about everyone capable of driving in 100 runs this season. Giambi is now a full-time DH, and Mientkiewicz will be the primary first baseman, with Josh Phelps occasionally getting the starts against lefties. Lineup Grade A+

Bench

C Todd Pratt #14

GCdRqYlR.jpg

.207 4 HR 19 RBI 1 SB

1B Josh Phelps #31

ppu69vwB.jpg

2B Miguel Cairo #41

68RgIHuA.jpg

.239 0 HR 30 RBI 13 SB

CF Melky Cabrera #28

8bVBePHe.jpg

.280 7 HR 50 RBI 12 SB

- The bench is pretty solid, with Pratt backing up Posada and has a lot of experience to his resume. Phelps will be an above average hitter against lefties as in the past few years, and Cairo is capable of playing multiple positions with a solid glove all over. Cabrera will be getting the most playing time as the 4th OF, a developing player with great defense. Bench Grade C+

Starting Rotation

Ace Chien-Ming Wang #40

fY9Dn6pC.jpg

19-6 3.63 ERA 218 IP

No.2 Andy Pettitte #46

5DJAQFrQ.jpg

14-13 4.20 ERA 214.1 IP

No.3 Mike Mussina #35

PfYEyLpX.jpg

15-7 3.51 ERA 197.1 IP

No.4 Carl Pavano #45

8ldrQfsH.jpg

No.5 Kei Igawa #29

7pD4wCBi.jpg

-The rotation is very strong up front with Chien-Ming Wang, runner up in the Cy Young Award last year. He could very well win 20 games this year again, but never rings up many K's. Pettitte is in his second tour of duty with the Yankees, so he is a known quality as a second half-horse and a big game pitcher in the AL East. Mussina has been a sign of consistency over his entire career, hopefully his craftiness will keep that true at his age. Pavano is rebounding from a season he never pitched in, and only threw 100 innings in his first year as a Yankee. And as for Igawa, he is an import from Japan and hopefully he will show the same success he had in Japan. Starting Rotation Grade B

Bullpen

LRP Jeff Karstens #58

aQCHqwha.jpg

2-1 3.80 42.2 IP

RP Brian Bruney #33

MnGjWhtk.jpg

1-1 0.87 ERA 20.2 IP

LHS Mike Myers #36

wu83t5gG.jpg

1-2 3.23 ERA 30.2 IP

MRP Luis Vizcaino #39

9cHM9ZPa.jpg

4-6 3.58 ERA 65.1 IP

MRP Scott Proctor #43

daDZyoJY.jpg

6-4 3.52 ERA 102.1 IP

SU Kyle Farnsworth #48

xiijd2y6.jpg

4-6 4.36 ERA 66 IP

CL Mariano Rivera #42

JHJdBthn.jpg

5-5 1.80 ERA 34 SV 75 IP

-The bullpen has been improved year by year as of late, and Jeff Karstens is their newest longman. He showed poise and potential in his work in the bigs last year, earning his spot over the elite prospect Phil Hughes. Brian Bruney is looking to duplicate the success he had last year with the Yankees after being aquired from Arizona. Lefty submariner Mike Myers is simply impossible to hit when it comes to facing a lefty batter, and new aquisition Luis Vizcaino is helping the bridge to Mariano Rivera since coming over from the Big Unit deal. Vizcaino alongside of Scott Proctor, looking to repeat a breakout season, and Kyle Farnsworth (hoping to improve on last year's dissappointment) will cover the majority of seventh and eighth innings, making it easy for Future Hall Of Famer Mariano Rivera to slam the door shut. Bullpen Grade B-

And without further ado, the 2007 season will begin shortly.

pssssst, you forgot Posada in your line up :-)

I'll definitely be following this dynasty.

Freakin' A I thought I was missin' something...got rushed off the comp lol.

I appreciate the comments.

You know that announcer guy for the movie, how he gets you excited about a preview to a movie, well I kind of have that feeling about the dynasty now....lol

Im not a yanks fan, but Im gonna follow this one D-Unit, only because Im curious as to see how your going to approach it this time around.

Should be fun, Im aboard! ! !

Archived