Sean O's Exhibition Stadium

Sean O

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean, 2 things:

1) how can you stare at OEdit for so long to do these mods? Do you use a special version or what? Working on Busch Stadium II, I can't spend more than an hour on it before I go insane! Then, trying to reload the proper verts, etc is even more maddening.

2) Might I suggest signing up for photobucket? It is a much easier interface with 1GB of storage and without the pop-ups imageshak creates.

Good work, as always.

Sean, 2 things:

1) how can you stare at OEdit for so long to do these mods? Do you use a special version or what? Working on Busch Stadium II, I can't spend more than an hour on it before I go insane! Then, trying to reload the proper verts, etc is even more maddening.

Beats the hell out of me. I just tend to go on spurts when I launch through a bunch of parks. With every park that comes out I get more experience and a better idea of how to approach the next one, so at least that's beneficial. Frankly none of these parks can approach the quality of an average Pirate or paulw creation, but at least they're made, and can always be modded later.

2) Might I suggest signing up for photobucket? It is a much easier interface with 1GB of storage and without the pop-ups imageshak creates.

Good work, as always.

Thanks, and good call. I'll check it out.

As for uploading it to the site, I was going to wait for a single season mod or TC7 for the release, but I suppose there's really no need for that. I'll try to post the completed parks (Arlington and Exhibition) this evening, while Kingdome is being worked on.

Beats the hell out of me. I just tend to go on spurts when I launch through a bunch of parks. With every park that comes out I get more experience and a better idea of how to approach the next one, so at least that's beneficial. Frankly none of these parks can approach the quality of an average Pirate or paulw creation, but at least they're made, and can always be modded later.

Thanks, and good call. I'll check it out.

As for uploading it to the site, I was going to wait for a single season mod or TC7 for the release, but I suppose there's really no need for that. I'll try to post the completed parks (Arlington and Exhibition) this evening, while Kingdome is being worked on.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the fact you are going to upload it. I have always wanted to play with the Jays at Exhibition...get tired of looking at the Rogers Center. Your work is outstanding.

Excellent work, and everything, but MAN, that place was a dump. I remember going there for the game 7 of the '85 ALCS, and taking a sweater so that the breeze off the lake wouldn't give me pneumonia. I wound up sitting on the sweater to keep my **** from freezing to the aluminum bleachers!

Excellent work, and everything, but MAN, that place was a dump. I remember going there for the game 7 of the '85 ALCS, and taking a sweater so that the breeze off the lake wouldn't give me pneumonia. I wound up sitting on the sweater to keep my **** from freezing to the aluminum bleachers!

That was kind of the fun in the project, as the park was so makeshift and goofy that it's incredible it lasted 12 years. I'm sure it'll occupy its own niche market in MVP, but I hardly expect it to become a staple of most users' games.

Oh yes game 7 1985-Blue Jays had a 3-1 lead in games only to watch the Royals come back and win it-did the same thing in the WS against the Cards. I live in KC -did then too-but hated the Royals and was for the Bjays.

Were the outfield walls that high? Is it possible to put the old al team logos on the outfield wall like pirate did in his three rivers mod. It would kick this mod up a notch.

I'm going to take a look at the graphics on the mod. If I can I will ad the team logos in... I can't wait to take a look at this mod. I loved this stadium for being so odd.

You rule man, they look great.

I suppose I should make a night version of Exhibition now, huh?

Yes, please..... :lol:

Oh, and just so you know, I haven't forgotten about this request:

If Sean drops a mile high on us, I'll flip my lid... I am so burnt out from Oedit, I would prefer to never open the damn program again. I have no idea how you have made three of these things like this. THey are all awesome.

This is not a request just a question. How difficult would it be to put a few patches of snow on the field?

Not that difficult as you would just have to add some white spots to the 0004.bmp, which is the field pattern, but you would have to be careful on where you put them as the pattern does repeat, so you would have multiple scattered patches scattered in the OF depending on how many you added to the .bmp.

If Sean drops a mile high on us, I'll flip my lid... I am so burnt out from Oedit, I would prefer to never open the damn program again. I have no idea how you have made three of these things like this.

Well, it's simple. While you were making Three Rivers, Riverfront, Angel Stadium and Tiger Stadium, I was sitting on my *** twiddling my thumbs.

It is so easy to get burnt out on oedit, that I just like to blow through as much as I can in the few days when I'm able to tolerate it each year. But with nearly all of the classic parks nearing completion (you won't believe how happy that makes me), there are less and less fun projects to take on.

I've never been a big fan of fixing all of what's wrong with my old parks, but it's looking like it may come to that. Of course, i'm hoping someone will feel the need to polish up all of my old parks one day. A man can dream...

Archived