Sean O's Exhibition Stadium

Sean O

Sean O, thanks again. The 3 parks you uploaded today are outstanding and greatly appreciated.

I have one question, what stadium did you use as a base for Exhibition Stadium?

I'm pretty sure he used Qualcomm Stadium

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one question, what stadium did you use as a base for Exhibition Stadium?

I asked Sean about this a few days ago. Here's what he told me:

Metropolitan Stadium was the base for Exhibition Stadium

Qualcomm Stadium was the base for Arlington Stadium

The Metrodome was the base for the Kingdome

I asked Sean about this a few days ago. Here's what he told me:

Metropolitan Stadium was the base for Exhibition Stadium

Qualcomm Stadium was the base for Arlington Stadium

The Metrodome was the base for the Kingdome

Yup. Carter, I'm not sure if it was you or DJ, but one of you had suggested long long ago to use the Met for Exhibition, which I think I promptly dismissed at the time. But, it stuck with me for the last year and a half, and it ended up being perfect for what I wanted to do.

Obviously all of these parks have inaccuracies, but it should be a great start for anyone who wants to touch them on up.

Obviously all of these parks have inaccuracies, but it should be a great start for anyone who wants to touch them on up.

I didn't even notice until after I played a game in Exhibition (and gave up a slam to Kent Oberkfell), but, if someone does decide to touch things up, the playing surface there was pretty much exactly the same as SkyDome. It was all turf, with sliding pits around each base and a painted-on line delineating the infield from the outfield, like so: http://www.diamond-mind.com/parks/exhibition1977.jpg

Yup. Carter, I'm not sure if it was you or DJ, but one of you had suggested long long ago to use the Met for Exhibition, which I think I promptly dismissed at the time. But, it stuck with me for the last year and a half, and it ended up being perfect for what I wanted to do.

Your effort is greatly appreciated. What you have completed is 150% better than what we had before. When I get some time I am going to try to add some snow to the field.

Yeah, the turf proved to be a bit of an issue. Putting the 80's-style turf with just the bases in the dirt would've involved adding a different type of texture into the cram32 file, which gets real complicated real quick. Plus, the turf texture would've had to have been imported from another stadium, and with the Met's dimensions, there would've been a ton of stretching.

So, yes, it should be like the Skydome.

I got into this stadium this morning and added in the baseball pressbox and the scoreboard in right. I will do some more work on it tonight, before working on County Stadium.

I cannot get over the changes taht were made to Metropolitain to make Exhibition work. Sean you did an amazing job.

I got into this stadium this morning and added in the baseball pressbox and the scoreboard in right. I will do some more work on it tonight, before working on County Stadium.

County too? Score. If I get some weird bout of enthusiasm, I'll add the crowds to the outfield, which should be easily imported, but I wouldn't exactly count on it. Also excellent news about the pressbox and scoreboard; I couldn't bring myself to consider either when I was finishing it up.

I cannot get over the changes taht were made to Metropolitain to make Exhibition work. Sean you did an amazing job.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. If you and others can make any headway in finishing up all of my work, I think it will be a remarkable addition to the game. Thanks again.

I love County Stadium. I am an editor at work today meaning i do nothing but read people's stories, so I recreated the County Stadium Scoreboard and Bernies Keg in Center Field.

jesus!!! jesus!! awesome!!

Yeah, I think there may have been some Divine intervention there. Thank you both. Although I'm getting very thirsty looking at the Milwaukee one...

Seeing it again, that scoreboard at Exhibition raises an interesting question. As best as I can recall, it was a permanent, concrete-and-steel structure. What the heck did they do with it during football games?

It's located at the end of the football field. Behind the endzone

I guess it must've been, but my foggy memory was suggesting it was closer than that. Age is a terrible thing...

• 3 months later...

Now that the 1978 mod has been released, can we get an updated release of Exhibition Stadium, including the pressbox, scoreboard, and round banners on the OF walls? It'd be much appreciated.

Archived