Uniform crashing with 07 mod?

Yankee4Life

I wanted to add some uniforms to the 07 mod or so that was my intention this afternoon. It became a big problem.

Using Mvp Studio, I successfully added some Dodger uniforms. I went into the game and right before the players ran out to the field to start the game, the game crashes.

So I then tried out two different teams that I did not add uniforms too right after this happened. Oakland vs Kansas City. Same thing happened. A crash. Well, to make a long story short, I had to reinstall the 07 mod and everything is fine right now, although I still want to add some uniforms. Has anyone had this happen or does anyone know a work around?

Interesting...

Your issue Y4L may be related to the models.big file.

I'm having problems adding uniforms right now myself, but I am doing it the old school way.

For me, the game crashes at the uniform selection screen. I'm still trying to figure out what the issue is, but in my case I think it's the uniforms.big file.

big gui is fairly simple and straight forward.

I assume you already have an .FSH file.

so, using big gui open your models.big file. (file->open)

then select edit->import, and browse to the directory of your .fsh file.

once your file is imported, scroll down to it, and highlight it by clicking on it.

the select edit->compress.

close out big gui and....

wa-la you're done!

Can someone please take a look at the attached file and explain to me what I have done wrong? The attached file is a zipped version of 013.fsh which can be find inside the uniforms.big file.

The issue I am encountering is that whenever I try to play a game where the Jays are one of the teams, the game crashes at the uniform selection screen.

I've built, and rebuilt this file over and over with no luck. I am trying to have 11 Jays uniforms available in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm kind of curious to what that problem is with that 013.fsh file is myself carter. Maybe it could be something that can help me out with what I am going through.

Now, before I try to add some uniforms again today, should I back up my models.big and uniforms.big just in case something goes wrong?

Now, before I try to add some uniforms again today, should I back up my models.big and uniforms.big just in case something goes wrong?

Most definitely. This is how I got into this mess. I accidentally wrote over a file in the models.big and then an hour later did it again with the uniforms.big.

I have a feeling that my problem is related to compression. I am not sure if the 013.fsh file needs to be compressed or not.

Ok, so that is what I did. I backed up models.big and uniforms.big. I then went into MvpStudio and added some uniforms for the Forum Fanatics team only. Saved my work in studio, and got into the game. Picked the FF team and all the uniforms I added were there. I used a new uniform and before the game finished loading, it crashed to the desktop. I then replaced the newer version of the models.big and uniforms.big with the saved one, and everything is back to normal.

This just tells me that I can't add any uniforms to my 07 mod. Son of a *&^%$

Y4L, this may help, I think you're having a problem with how MVPStudio adds the uniform to the models.big file. If you can get past the uniform selection screen, it's not the uniforms.big file.

What I would try is to add the uniform through MVPStudio (so it adds the new uniform to the uniform.big file) and then replace the models.big file with a back-up. Then, use EAGraph to manually add the uniform to the models.big file. Just make sure that the uniform name matches the name of the uniform in the uniform.big file. For example, if the uniform you add is created as 015c in the uniform.big file, ensure that it is named 015c when adding it to the models.big. If you have any questions, let me know.

Y4L, this may help, I think you're having a problem with how MVPStudio adds the uniform to the models.big file. If you can get past the uniform selection screen, it's not the uniforms.big file.

What I would try is to add the uniform through MVPStudio (so it adds the new uniform to the uniform.big file) and then replace the models.big file with a back-up. Then, use EAGraph to manually add the uniform to the models.big file. Just make sure that the uniform name matches the name of the uniform in the uniform.big file. For example, if the uniform you add is created as 015c in the uniform.big file, ensure that it is named 015c when adding it to the models.big. If you have any questions, let me know.

I don't understand all of a sudden why this is happening. Studio worked fine with 05 and 06.

As for your suggestions carter, thank you, but I am having a hard time following what you wrote.

I don't understand all of a sudden why this is happening. Studio worked fine with 05 and 06.

Either do I, but that's partly because I don't use MVPStudio or the '07 mod.

As for your suggestions carter, thank you, but I am having a hard time following what you wrote.

Same here.

I guess I should preface the procedure by adding that MVPStudio adds a uniform selection screen images to the uniforms.big file and it adds the uniform textures (or parts) to the models.big file.

I think your problem is related to the models.big file.

What I am suggesting is to use MVPStudio to add the images to the uniform selection screen (the uniforms.big file) -- this part appears to work for you. However, at the same time MVPStudio will add the uniform textures to the models.big file. This could be where the problem starts.

To fix this, try overwriting the models.big file with a working back-up of it. Then, use EAGraph to import the uniform textures to the models.big file.

Before you do this, you will have to open the uniforms.big file in EAGraph to determine which slot your new uniform was put into. For example, 015a, 015b, 015c, where the numerical portion is the team number and the letter is the uniform slot.

Then, rename the uniform files you have as u015a.fsh and f015a.fsh (for example). u represents the uniforms textures (hat, jersey, shoes) and f represents the font (numbers, letters). Then use EAGraph to import these two files into your models.big file.

This should work.

Did it work?

I re-read your instructions and I didn't think I would be able to follow them without screwing something up. I thanked you for taking the time to help me out. :(

MVPStudio works fine with MVP07. Although, granted, I do have the patch installed. I'll take a look and see if I can see anything in your file. I have added/replaced jerseys for Arizona, Pittsburgh, Detroit with no problems.

Can someone please take a look at the attached file and explain to me what I have done wrong? The attached file is a zipped version of 013.fsh which can be find inside the uniforms.big file.

The issue I am encountering is that whenever I try to play a game where the Jays are one of the teams, the game crashes at the uniform selection screen.

I've built, and rebuilt this file over and over with no luck. I am trying to have 11 Jays uniforms available in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How have you been adding the jerseys? With MVPStudio? I don't see anything wrong, but if you want to send me the whole file, I will import it into my game and see if it crashes for me.

Archived