Planning on buying an X-Box 360

medric822

I was at a tobacco shop with my dad today, and I did something that I'm starting to regret, kinda. I saw a used PS2 being sold for $150. It came with 2 controlers, and like 10 games, like Madden 06 and some EA basketball game with a dude wearing a red uni on the cover. Most of the games were like little kid games, but I didn't want to spend $150 for a decoration for my room if it didn't work. Was this a smart move?

I was at a tobacco shop with my dad today, and I did something that I'm starting to regret, kinda. I saw a used PS2 being sold for $150. It came with 2 controlers, and like 10 games, like Madden 06 and some EA basketball game with a dude wearing a red uni on the cover. Most of the games were like little kid games, but I didn't want to spend $150 for a decoration for my room if it didn't work. Was this a smart move?

If they wouldn't let you test it there (which they probably wouldn't, it's a tobacco shop), I personally would not buy it if I was in your situation, especially if most of the games are old sports games. I would put that money toward a PS3, Wii, or XB 360.

If it doesn't work I assume they won't let you return it, correct?

Probably. My dad was at the mall with my mom last nght, and went to the Electric Boutique, and saw a 360 being sold for 300, so thats where we're gunna buy it.

Hold on - the 360 pro is being sold for $300? I've yet to see it that cheap in Michigan. If I did, I would probably jump all over that deal in a second.

OK, I am probably going to get it next week, and I was reading the review for MLB 2K7, and it sounds like it sucks badly. Does it? It was saying that it has more options over MLB 2K6, but what differences does it have over MVP 2K5? Can you create players and stadiums? Is there a similar spring training mode? Just someone, please, tell me all the major differences between this and MVP2K5. Thanks.

I love the "dude with a red uni" reference.

You may try what I'm trying to do, doing on of those free online referral things. That's the link in my signature. I've been researching ones like this over the net, and every indication is that it's legit. I'd try the "shopfreepay" site where you can do the deals yourself. You just have to cancel your commitments, pick the deals wisely, and you're good to go. You may have to wait a little bit longer, but you'll be saving a couple hundred dollars if you do it right.

OK, I am probably going to get it next week, and I was reading the review for MLB 2K7, and it sounds like it sucks badly. Does it? It was saying that it has more options over MLB 2K6, but what differences does it have over MVP 2K5? Can you create players and stadiums? Is there a similar spring training mode? Just someone, please, tell me all the major differences between this and MVP2K5. Thanks.

It does not suck badly. With the right sliders this game is good and I do agree that a game does take long to play but the really close, tight games are worth it, alot of fun.

Medric, I cant tell you the differences from 2K7 and MVP 2005, all i can say is that they are two different games. Now with your other questions, You can create players, you cant create stadiums., as far as I know there is no spring training but I have not yet past the first season in my franchise.

I mean people are gonna have their opinions on the game and thats fine, but if you just pop the game in and dont adjust sliders correctly the game is'nt gonna seem real. I am also new to Xbox, I have always been a PS2 kinda guy when it came to useing the controllers so I am still trying to level out getting used to the controller.

I am really starting to dig the swing stick but at first it was difficult and still have'nt mastered it, but hitting a HR useing swing stick is just more satisfiing over just pressing a button. The fielding is one area where I think they could of done better, maybe with a option to adjust fielding cams but thats just not the case since their is only one cam for fielding. It can really get annoying because the thumb stick/ analog is so sensitive and you find yourself at times running right past a ball hit mostly to the 2nd basemen.

Dont get me wrong I still like MVP but I just need a change because I've been playing it going on three years now. But I enjoy it so if you do get it, try and find the right sliders for game play and dont give up on it.

Well, I finally got it Saturday, and it was fun to have when your sick. My dad picked up these games too:

Ghost Recon 3 (Brand New)

Need For Speed Most Wanted (Used)

Project Gothem Racing 3 (Used-Traded in for Fight Night Round 3, which is AWESOME!)

Splinter Cell Double Agent (Brand New)

Over G Fighters (Used- I dont like Air Plane games though)

Battle Stations Midway (Brand New- Didn't look at yet, having too much fun with FNR3, and NFSMW)

Oh, I just used my first name. But I'm not going to hook it up to X-Box live. I'm not a big fan of online games. About the only one I ever liked was Runescape. I still own at that game, lol.

Honestly, it is pretty useless if you're not going to get online.

Trust me, you will get Live sooner or later, lol.

Xbox live is'nt only for playing online. You can download demos, download games from the arcade, if you get a microsoft points card you can rent movies. So it's not just for playing online, xbox live is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was showing my dad the new X-BOX 360 Elite tonight, its a black X-BOX 360 with a 120gp HD, and we both thought the black looked sharp. Then he came up with this idea-

"Hey, lets spray paint ours a different color!"

Ok, this may be a bonehead question, but should I try to talk him out of it? He would first discombulate the 360, which may lead to the "extra parts" that we try to avoid when we take something apart. He wants to spray paint it a Metalic Saphire Flake, which is a testors spray.

Archived