Mandate of Heaven

RmembrZito75

How many games will the Tampa Bay Devil Rays win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• 50-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80

Game 2

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1-0) at New York Yankees (0-1)

untitledew232323.jpg

It wasn't a very good pitching night for either of the pitchers. For the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, it was an atrocious night for J.P. Howell. Howell pitched 8 innings, allowed 9 earned runs, he also gave up four walks, and only struck out 2. On the other side of the mound, Mike Mussina had a worse night. In 4 1/3 innings pitched, gave up 7 earned runs, gave up 3 walks, and struck out 4. The bats went well for the both teams. For the New York Yankees, Alex Rodriguez struck with a 3-run homerun. For the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Rocco Baldelli and Carl Crawford homered for the second straight game. Also, Baldelli had 2 RBI's. Crawford went 5 for 5 with 4 RBI's and 2 stolen bases. It was also a bad night for Jorge Cantu, Cantu was injured in the 4th inning after making a diving stop for a ball headed for the gap. The trainers have reportedly said that he has a sprained left ACL, and he will be out for another 10 days.

Game Highlights

mvp2005_2007-03-18_17-58-11-21.bmp

Carl Crawford pumps his fist after a 3-run homerun

mvp2005_2007-03-16_10-13-03-43.bmp

Alex Rodriguez points at the sky after his own 3-run shot

Around the League

Delmon Young- Sprained left hip flexor (out for 15 days)

Jorge Cantu- Sprained left ACL (out for 10 days)

Jeremy Sowers- Suspended (out for 6 games)

Next Game

Baltimore Orioles (1-2) at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2-0)

Game 3

Baltimore Orioles (1-2) at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2-0)

[align=left]It wasn't a pleasant day for the D-Rays bullpen. The bullpen allowed 6 runs in 3 innings, and allowed the game winning run in the 8th inning. It was all Casey Fossum's fault for giving up the game. He allowed all of the 6 runs allowed by the bullpen. He gave up 7 hits, and his E.R.A. rose to 21.00. It was a so-so pitching debut for 20-year old phenom, Phillip Hughes. Hughes pitched a shaky 6 innings, allowing 5 runs, 11 hits, and struck out 3. On the other side of the mound, the Orioles ace took the hill, Adam Loewen. Loewen only pitched 3 2/3, while allowing 5 Earned runs, on 9 hits. He also struck out 1 and gave up 1 walk. Kris Benson came on in relief for 1 1/3 innings, and was solid. He didn't allow any runs. He went out in the 5 inning after getting hit in the chest by a flair hit off the bat of B.J. Upton. Overall, the Orioles bullpen was solid after that. The Orioles bullpen outmatched the play of the D-Rays bullpen and only allowed 1 run in 5 1/3 work of relief.[/align]

My play was a load of bull****. I can't believe I fu**** played like that. I will say that the loss was my fault, and I'm gonna try not to pitch like s*** next time when Coach Maddon needs me most.

-Casey Fossum

Box Score

game3.jpg

pitching.bmp

Game Highlights

mvp2005_2007-03-19_19-09-47-62.bmp

Evan Longoria throws from his knees on a diving stop to throw out Miguel Tejada

mvp2005_2007-03-19_19-19-27-07.bmp

Casey Fossum walks off the mound after getting out of a jam

pattersongrandslam.jpg

Only Hughes's mistake was giving up this Grand Slam to Corey Patterson in the 4th inning

Around the League

Michael Barret- Strained Right Forearm (out for 20 days)

Next Game

Baltimore Orioles (2-2) at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2-1)

Game 4

Baltimore Orioles (2-2) at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (2-1)

[align=left]

It was a decent day for both pitchers, Eric Bedard and Seth McClung. Although, McClung had the better day. McClung pitched 7 innings, allowed 10 hits, gave up 2 earned runs, and struck out two. On the other side of the mound, Eric Bedard wasn't so hot. Bedard pitched 6 innings, while allowing 6 earned runs on 13 hits, while only striking out one. His ERA went up to 8.25. The batters for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays continued their hot streak. On the other side of the batters box, the Orioles batters didn't do so bad either. The Devil Rays batters combined for 16 hits, while the Oriolesbatters racked up 12 hits. The man with the hot stick tonight was Jonny Gomes. Gomes went 4 for 4 with a double and 2 RBI's. The man that was hitting well on the Orioles side was Ramon Hernandez, who went 3 for 4 with a run scored. Also, the man that was a big part of the Devil Rays offense was Rocco Baldelli. Rocco went 1 for 4, but the one hit was a crutial homer in the 7th inning off of Scott Williamson to lock the game away for the Devil Rays. In the end, the score showed the total effort and performance of both teams. The Devil Rays triumphed while the Orioles lost their 3rd game of the season. [/align]

"It felt good when I hit that homer. It was a fastball that Scott (Williamson) pitched to me. The pitch was in my wheelhouse and I wailed it out of here. It just feels good to have my swing reformed."

-Rocco Baldelli

Game Highlights

mvp2005_2007-03-20_17-48-19-75.bmp

Evan Longoria hurdles over Nick Markakis to complete a double play

mvp2005_2007-03-20_16-55-27-03.bmp

Rocco Baldelli flips the bat after hitting a homerun

mvp2005_2007-03-20_17-55-23-59.bmp

Ty Wigginton robs Jay Payton of a potential double in the 9th inning

Box Score

boxscore4.bmp

pitching4.bmp

Player of the Game

hs_430404.jpg

Jonny Gomes- 4 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI's

Around the League

Frank Thomas- Pulled Hamstring (out for 9 days)

Next Game

Baltimore Orioles (2-3) at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (3-1)

Archived