Augusta National for Tiger Woods 2007

paulw

Just downloaded (from coursedownloads.com) and played my first round at the newly released Augusta National for TW 2007. It took a little practicing and getting used to but it plays pretty nice. I shot a 73 (out in 33, in with 40) with 5 birdies 2 bogies, and 2 double bogies including a 4 putt at 16. My best shot of the day came out of the rough at 14 to set up an easy birdie. I had the course conditions set fairly easy - normal speed, light wind and normal rough. I used the difficult pin positions. Set it up this way when you first play it. If you play TW 2007 - download it - it's a lot of fun.

One thing I really like with this year's version is the additon of the (albeit sparse) crowds. What an awesome amount of work this must have been to put together.

There's some nice courses at coursedownloads. Pine Valley is beautiful but the fairways are a bit wide. Another nice one is Hazeltine. These courses sure beat the Kr*p out of some of the original ones packaged with TW07 - Central Park looks like it was done by a little kid.

*The* best course, however, did come with the game - The Falls Golf Club (designed by Arnold Palmer). Looks great and plays real tough. I also like Riviera but it can play a little easy. You've got to speed up the greens to play a realistic round on it.

Trues, I hope we can play online sometime. I'll Pm you when I've got some time for a round.

Paul, I am a long time Links user. I mean long time. I've been using Links since it was "The Challenge of Golf" back on DOS. And then I had Links 386, Links 386 on CD, etc, etc. Man I sure miss Access software. :(

Point is, is this worth converting to?

Now that's a tough question. I myself have also used all the Links series. Tiger Woods is a very different game from Links. The only way to really get into Tiger is if you can have someone show you all the ropes. Configuring the game right for your PC is a task in itself. What really made me get into TW was when they added the gamepad swing. Now that is really, *really* nice. You can also play with the traditional 2-click or 3-click mouse meter.

My feeling on Tiger for you is that it's worth the try. I'll be more than happy to give you some tips.

Paul, that looks great. Ok, here are two quick questions. What are your specs that you have and what are the recommended ones? And maybe one more. Can you have lefthanded golfers? That's what I am and even in a computer game I still can't play it right if I can't use the lefty golfer. I am used to the angle that way.

Paul, that looks great. Ok, here are two quick questions. What are your specs that you have and what are the recommended ones? And maybe one more. Can you have lefthanded golfers? That's what I am and even in a computer game I still can't play it right if I can't use the lefty golfer. I am used to the angle that way.

I've got a 5 year old PC that I've upgraded. 2 Gig RAM and 512 MB Video. I need that because I've got an old, slow bus (I think 633 Mhz or so). My processor is only a 2.66, Pentium 4.

To get the best graphics on a newer PC I think you need about 256 MB Video and 1 Gig of RAM. The thing about Tiger is it's two different games - if you use the auto configuration it generally looks krappy. You need to over-ride these and bump everything up to the top. It's like night and day - literally a whole new game. I often wonder how many people set their own configs or know how to.

One more screenie - the Brittney Spears (sans haircut) of courses - Pine Valley:

pine_valley.jpg

If this thing had just a little narrower fairways it would be absolutely perfect.

Wow, I wish my game looked like that, look at your trees compared to mine. I have it on high res. and some detail on high but if I turn the trees to high it lags like a B.

tw20072007031023132392cas2.jpg

That one tree on the 1st tee at Riviera without the trees set on High really does look poor. When I first bought TW7 I went to Riviera to play my first game - it was a new course and the real Riviera is one of the best. My first reaction was this thing sucks. Now Riviera looks very sweet. Do you have animated trees turned off? Those are generally useless except on certain courses. This will allow you to bump other stuff up.

Well Paul, I got the game but as for adding courses, I am not too sure on how to do that. I went to coursedownload.com and it told me to download a program called clsetup2k7. So I did, but I haven't tried it yet.

Virtual Y4L at St. Andrews. Screwing up royally.

Course setup can be a little tricky with downloaded ones. Let me know if you have any problems. Looks like your graphics are jacked nice and high - the 17th pic at St. Andrews looks good.

paulw - i downloaded the Auguesta course and did everything it said on that site. but when i try to play in my game, the course did not show up. can you tun the install through with me. i really want to play a round on this course.

paulw - i downloaded the Auguesta course and did everything it said on that site. but when i try to play in my game, the course did not show up. can you tun the install through with me. i really want to play a round on this course.

The same thing happened to me. I went to pick the course and I was able to see a picture of the Augusta National course but I got a message that told me the course could not be loaded.

Archived