March Madness

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you guys butler could hang with the bigboys.

They beat some qualtiy teams during the regular season so I wasnt shocked that they took Florida the distance.

Vandy is the team thats surprising the heck out of me.

I told you guys butler could hang with the bigboys.

had no doubt that butler could give florida a great game. but florida better start playing 40 minutes instead of dicking around half the game - especially if they end up in the final four vs kansas.

had no doubt that butler could give florida a great game. but florida better start playing 40 minutes instead of dicking around half the game - especially if they end up in the final four vs kansas.

Or they should let Horford just indiscremently knock people down for all 40 minutes cause Lord knows the officials don't want to call it.

You can't clear space with your body, it's as simple as that.

Add OSU in that dicking around category. I was real close to just going to bed at halftime last night. I gave them 5 mins into the 2nd half to cut into that lead or it was lights out. Theyve done that all year. They were up 20 on Penn St. earlier in the year and almost lost at the buzzer. Just don't play a full game. UNC and Kansas are my two fav. to win it all at this point.

Im really looking forward to watching this USC v. UNC game.

Part of me agrees with you, but if the defender can't hold his ground, let the offensive guy back him down.

There is backing down, using your backside and then there is using your elbow, forearm and shoulder to shove a player back. That is Horford's favorite move, he used it exclusively in the SEC Tournament and I have yet to see it called once. It is illegal by letter of the rule.

4 more fantastic games today.

UNC gave me a scare there for awhile, but as soon as USCs big guy went out, the game completely changed.

How about Oregon and the rest of the USC? For a conference that I haven't been a fan of this year, they sure put up a great showing so far.

UNC vs. Georgetown Sunday. Game of the year so far.

What a disappointment that USC game was. After Taj went out it seemed they forgot how to play. The new plan was "run up the court and jack up a three". No points in like 8 minutes, but instead 15 missed three-pint field goals. What a let-down. I wanted UNC to lose so badly. (No offense KG, its just sibling rivalry between me and my bro, he's also a UNC fan :D )

There is backing down, using your backside and then there is using your elbow, forearm and shoulder to shove a player back. That is Horford's favorite move, he used it exclusively in the SEC Tournament and I have yet to see it called once. It is illegal by letter of the rule.

Speaking of illegal, did anyone see Jeff Green's blatant travel? I noticed it right as it happened, but the refs decided to eat their whistles. Although, I'm not too mad because I have Georgetown going to the championship game in my bracket.

Edit: Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e267jy4-DY

It's terrible quality, but if you watch his right foot you'll see it.

Bucks are in the Final Four!!! It took a miracle against Xavier and one hell of a comeback againt Tenn but they are in.

The game today was how I wished they played all year. A ton of points inside the paint and from the line. The 3 wasnt falling so they adjusted instead of keep trying to sink them.

I PICKED ALL FOUR!!!

Holy moly! I wish there was a bonus for that, but there's not.

Final Four Picks:

Florida over UCLA

Georgetown over Ohio State

Georgetown defeats Florida 72-68 to win National Championship

If I'm disastrously wrong on the rest of the tourney, it's cool. It was fun.

I still can't believe UNC blew it. However, I saw it coming; their lack of mental toughness at the end of games was the reason I had Texas beating them in the Sweet 16. It's just too bad Texas can't do squat. Damn you Rick Barnes.

Oden vs. Hibbert! That should be fun to watch. Hibbert's my 2008 Naismith Winner.

That's what I imagined when I picked OSU and Georgetown getting this far. It's going to be so sweeet.

We are the boys from old Florida

F-L-O-R-I-D-A

Where the girls are the fairest,

The boys are the squarest

Of any old state down our way

HEY!

We are all strong for old Florida

Down where the old Gators play

GO GATORS!

In all kinds of weather

We'll all stick togetherrrrr

For F-L-O-R-I-D-A

Kinda sad I didn't go to the final four, since Atlanta is only about a 6 hour drive, but atleast I'll also be in town for the first time for the celebration after we win it, haha ;)

Archived