March Madness

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of this talk about Corey Brewer's "length" is starting to get disturbing. Although I won't lie, he's definitely one of my favorite players in college. I hope he tears up the next level.

I wish Oden would stay at least another year because I would like to see him and Kosta Koufos (recruit) on the court at the same time.

Well that was pretty disappointing. Missing 3 pointers killed OSU. All in all...a good year for the Bucks.

This is an amazing run. Hats off to OSU for their great year as well - being in the title game in both football and basketball is a hell of an accomplishment.

I'm savoring this - three national titles in 12 months. Truly breathtaking.

The only seniors are Humphrey and Richard, so they're gone. I think Horford and Brewer will be solid NBAers, with Horford having the best career of anyone on the team. I'm not sold on Noah without Horford playing next to him.

There hasn't been anything mentioned about decisions yet though. Everyone's just basking in the victory.

Last night was a very good night, haha :)

As far as NBA Potential.

It's very unlikely Humphrey will play in the NBA. He's too small to play SG, can't run an offense well enough to play PG, and does not have a good slashing game. He's good at keeping defenders infront of him, but lacks athleticism and height to the point where almost all players in the NBA could shoot over him. If he does end up playing in the NBA, it'll be a lot like Damon Jones. I see him playing overseas though.

Noah will excel in the NBA if he gets on either the Pheonix Suns, Golden State Warriors,aor the Denver Nuggets because he'll excell in a fast pace transition offense. He has a great package of speed, size, passing/ballhandling that is great for transition offense. Unforunately, he does not have the power or outside range to work in a half court offense.

Horford deffinatly has a lot of upside. Like Noah, he has a great pack of speed, size, and passing/ballhandling. But unlike Noah, he also has a good jump shot and a good post game. Unforunately, he's only 6'10, restricting him to PF really. He could play C in some instances but his size really keeps him to PF.

Brewer deffinatly doesn't get enough recognition for his skill set. At 6-9, he's huge for his position (SF) and has a great deal of range. People slob all over Durant's knob, but Brewer isn't far behind him. Both are 6'9 SF's who have yet to fill out their frames, who have the "complete package". Durant's better offenisvely, but Brewer is better deffenisvely.

Green, I really doubt he'll leave this year because he's, at best, a middle-to-late second round pick. He's small even for a PG at 5'11, has shown more of a shoot-first mentality (Although Donavon builds his offense around shoot-first PGs, see Brett Nelson, Jason Williams, Anthony Roberson, so he could change if coached to be a pass-first PG in the NBA), but he can run an offense (He does an excellent job of running the Half-Court offense of the Gators) and he has a great long range shot. However, his mid-range running jumper isn't very good, which a shoot-first PG needs in the NBA, expeically with his lack of size.

It's possible that they stay. The only X-Factor is Brewer, whos family really needs money. However, he does have family friends helping him out that DOES NOT break rules. But it still doesn't compare to the money he'd make in the NBA. Brewer has also shown that he's prone to injury, so the sooner he jumps to the NBA, the better for him. The problem is, if he jumps, most likely Noah and Horford goes.

EDIT:

Also, the thing about Noah and the Suns that I kinda mentioned earlier. The Suns get Atlanta's first round pick as long as it's not a top-3 pick. Insane ins't it? Argueablly the best team in the NBA likely getting a top-10 pick, and Noah would be an amazing fit for that team to come in a 6th man role behind Stoudamire and Marion.

Archived