Poll: Gaming magazines. Do you buy them?

UncleMo

Do you ever buy givdeo gaming magazines?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yup.
    • Nope.

I need to learn about your habits, so:

Simple questions, do you ever buy them, and if so, which ones do you purchase?

Is there a particular time of year you do buy them? Like, say Madden 08 comes out in Sept., do you only buy yours when that game comes out and then never buy a gaming mag all year round?

What magazine might cover a game like Madden the best that makes you want to buy it?

Don't buy 'em and never have just to have them. Only gaming magazine I have ever read are the GameInformers, and that's just because I signed up at Gamestop for their little program because it helped me earn a lot more trade-in credit.

I only buy them when a big game that has been hyped up alot, such as Half Life 2, Doom 3 a week after they came out I bought a couple. I buy a few on these big games to get a better overall perspective. Other than that for sport games and other titles I just read reviews online. I voted no because I really dont buy them enough to be a yes IMO. I do subscribe/buy alot of PC mags though.

I don't unless a game I am really interested in is in there. I will buy one for sure if they ever decided to devote a few pages to MVPmods.

On that note, I'm kind of surprised this site actually hasn't had a full write up about in any PC gaming mags that cover mods. The inset in that mag awhile back was nice to see, but I thought more would follow. This site and game have a pretty decent following and with the lack of new PC Baseball titles, MVP is basically the only option if you want an up-to-date experience. Somebody needs to write an article about PC baseball, or the lack there of.

I had a subscription to PC Gamer about 10 years ago. I liked how they gave you a demo disc every month. I also liked to read the magazine. But after I had internet access, I pretty much felt that gaming magazines were obsolete.

I don't unless a game I am really interested in is in there. I will buy one for sure if they ever decided to devote a few pages to MVPmods.

On that note, I'm kind of surprised this site actually hasn't had a full write up about in any PC gaming mags that cover mods. The inset in that mag awhile back was nice to see, but I thought more would follow. This site and game have a pretty decent following and with the lack of new PC Baseball titles, MVP is basically the only option if you want an up-to-date experience. Somebody needs to write an article about PC baseball, or the lack there of.

We did get a sidebar or a page in PC Gamer once. I think it was PC gamer. There was a screencap in it.

Not anymore. However, I do want to subscribe to IGN's Insider thing. I do loathe the internet subscription things like that, especially ESPN Insider. All the good stuff is on Insider.

I got my last issue of EGM that was free. Found a topic at gamefaqs that listed a site to sign up for a free 1 yr. subscription. Just had to put in my address and email.

Just google "free egm subscription" and a bunch of sites will show up. Im sure theres other magazines that offer it free for a year. The only one I pay for is SI.

Archived